Layoff notice

Clark, NJ

#603 Oct 19, 2010
An observer?? How can you just be an observer?? Either you are laid off or the one laying off.. Who the hell is an observer in this??
Layoff notice

Clark, NJ

#604 Oct 19, 2010
Observer, You know the questions you must asked have me very concerned.. I don't work at Marshall Lane but I do work at the other site on the chopping block. You let me tell you this whole thing is F'd up. We have people who have been threatened on here so now the shop stewards have given the FBI is monitoring everything on here..People are fighting non-stop. You who knows what is going to happen next.. However, I did talk to people at Marshall Lane and I am not sure where you were observing from. Maybe upstair of the outdated HVF however they didn't tell me in went down like that..
But since I am really concerned now as I said because I do know people who work there if"If the company wants to play hardball in return, why wouldn't it withdraw the offer to pay ANY severance? Then where would the employees be....out of work with no separation pay?" do you think that each union member could individually could sue the company for being forced to sign something against their will or threatened?? Maybe we could throw some mental anguish in there?? I mean they really aren't a bunch of brain dead monkeys so I think they know if they want to sign something or not right??
Ive been to bargaining

Philadelphia, PA

#605 Oct 19, 2010
bargaining wrote:
why won't anyone answer, WILL THE UNION BRING ALL MEMBERS IN FOR ANOTHER VOTE? That is the right thing to do, yet I get no reply. I am a union worker who is sooooo in the dark, enlighten me.
There is nothing to vote on for everyone.. the vote on Monday was for Marshall lane only, as they are the ones that have been served the close down notice.
Ive been to bargaining

Philadelphia, PA

#606 Oct 19, 2010
Observer wrote:
Tell me why the union would advise its members to vote "no" on the company's severance package offer? What good does it do for the union to play hardball at this juncture?
If the company wants to play hardball in return, why wouldn't it withdraw the offer to pay ANY severance? Then where would the employees be....out of work with no separation pay?
The Union DID NOT advise the members to vote NO you dumb ass. The plan was laid out to the members, and was explained that what voting YES means, and what voting NO means.

The contract has severance language in it already that the company MUST abide by. The only thing that the company offered that is difference from the contract was 15% more if they give up all rights to call back, and bumping, plus have all the arbitration's that we currently have going to save jobs and what not thrown out. And many other verbiage that would give employees no rights at all.
Anonymous

Willingboro, NJ

#607 Oct 20, 2010
Maybe I can't make anything happen in my position is a union member, but here's what I CAN make happen when you THREATEN people. You see the boys in green are so wonderful they found Sadam Hussein in a friggin hole so this was a walk in the park for them...HOOAH. Here was the jist of my phone conversation last night with the confirmation I needed. You have been a real busy boy, you post under AOL, you are into animation, you also post under many other names on Topix using a regular web browser, you live in Bensalem, Apt __7, you graduated high school in 93, your wife's name is S, you are a manager of sorts and you started in JULY to be exact. Now are YOU a gambling man? HR has a fat bill for extra "guards" with your name written all over it. Now you say we should roll over and play dead cause afterall no job = no healthcare, well guess what when you threaten people and get fired you damn sure don't get healthcare. And to all the other nitwits out there, and there are many cause I got you too, I OWN the key to pandora's box, and the key is turning....DO YOU FEEL LUCKY? Like I said before you must not know who I am!
Ive been to bargaining

Philadelphia, PA

#608 Oct 20, 2010
OH SH@# Way to go Jackie...
Posse Comitatus

West Chester, PA

#609 Oct 20, 2010
10 U.S.C.(United States Code) 375

Sec. 375. Restriction on direct participation by military personnel:

The Secretary of Defense shall prescribe such regulations as may be necessary to ensure that any activity (including the provision of any equipment or facility or the assignment or detail of any personnel) under this chapter does not include or permit direct participation by a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps in a search, seizure, arrest, or other similar activity unless participation in such activity by such member is otherwise authorized by law.

18 U.S.C. 1385

Sec. 1385. Use of Army and Air Force as posse comitatus

Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of
Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to
execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.
stop

Hertford, UK

#610 Oct 20, 2010
not good for threatening a military wife too must the high too. go back to what is importnat.the company always tell us to focus so we must focus also on contract. tension is bad right now and we just want to get back to bargaing and stop our nightmare. everybody forget this and let go go to their corners and work work work so we can celebrate crhistmas with our family but having a job. please!
Ben Emp

Morrisville, PA

#611 Oct 20, 2010
@ Non union employee. No you don't know me and no you don't know my situation. Most importantly do you even know what we were offered in terms of insurance? Get out of my purse! Don't tell me what I can and can not afford. It's like techs saying the pharmacists can afford a pay cut. Can they? I do appreciate all the concessions they are trying to make for us. They have tried to give up a lot for the techs. This company will be sorry when they finally close us. I will not come back as non union. I have worked long and hard to get where I am in this company. At one point I considered taking a non union position. My point about the supervisors...there was no one to save them. Called in from vacation to be fired, called in on your day off, told you are giving a presentation, to be fired. The company made a decision to get rid of people and after 19 years of service ( the only job you've had since high school) you are handed a severance package. THANK YOU FOR DEDICATING YOUR LIFE TO US....BYYYE!
Non-Union Employee

AOL

#612 Oct 20, 2010
JACKIE DIXON wrote:
Maybe I can't make anything happen in my position is a union member, but here's what I CAN make happen when you THREATEN people. You see the boys in green are so wonderful they found Sadam Hussein in a friggin hole so this was a walk in the park for them...HOOAH. Here was the jist of my phone conversation last night with the confirmation I needed. You have been a real busy boy, you post under AOL, you are into animation, you also post under many other names on Topix using a regular web browser, you live in Bensalem, Apt __7, you graduated high school in 93, your wife's name is S, you are a manager of sorts and you started in JULY to be exact. Now are YOU a gambling man? HR has a fat bill for extra "guards" with your name written all over it. Now you say we should roll over and play dead cause afterall no job = no healthcare, well guess what when you threaten people and get fired you damn sure don't get healthcare. And to all the other nitwits out there, and there are many cause I got you too, I OWN the key to pandora's box, and the key is turning....DO YOU FEEL LUCKY? Like I said before you must not know who I am!
Jackie, never at any point did I THREATEN anyone. I do not appreciate being lumped into any violence posted to date. I have used only ONE name in this forum and it's "Non-union Employee" using an AOL browser. At worst, I called you a drama queen and you can not prove otherwise. All I set out to do was clarify that you do not stand up for ALL Bensalem employees. That comment made me wonder how glib you are to not realize those around you the union impacts who do not have a choice. Corporate was ON SITE last week to tell each of us our job was DONE as of Dec 16th only if the union does not come to an agreement. I know I wasted a lot of posts over the weekend blogging that the union was taking things too far after the loss of 350 jobs on the other side of town. I, literally, kept away from this forum for over 2 days til I got a call that I had to see what was quoted as your "disturbing post". It is you that actually imposes a threat to me and I do not care if you know who I am because, more importantly, I know who you are.
Non-Union Employee

AOL

#613 Oct 20, 2010
Ben Emp wrote:
@ Non union employee. No you don't know me and no you don't know my situation. Most importantly do you even know what we were offered in terms of insurance? Get out of my purse! Don't tell me what I can and can not afford. It's like techs saying the pharmacists can afford a pay cut. Can they? I do appreciate all the concessions they are trying to make for us. They have tried to give up a lot for the techs. This company will be sorry when they finally close us. I will not come back as non union. I have worked long and hard to get where I am in this company. At one point I considered taking a non union position. My point about the supervisors...there was no one to save them. Called in from vacation to be fired, called in on your day off, told you are giving a presentation, to be fired. The company made a decision to get rid of people and after 19 years of service ( the only job you've had since high school) you are handed a severance package. THANK YOU FOR DEDICATING YOUR LIFE TO US....BYYYE!
If you believe this fight is worth much more job loss, including yours or mine, then keep fighting. I have only pointed out that I got by on the same ESI plan fine all these years as a tech struggling finacially and its unsettling if I will lose my job because someone else fears the change. I truly do hope this works out in your favor and I would like to think that the loss of Bensalem will put a big dent in ESI but truth is, they will carry on without us so its really us hurting in the end. You won't know what you had til it's gone and it wil take you a long time to find it again.(or maybe not but I dont feel hopeful I'll bounce back easily)
haha

Clark, NJ

#614 Oct 21, 2010
have been reading this blog and I do find it to be very interesting.. Obviously there are a lot of crazy people on here!! Obviously there are a lot of people who are worried about their future. Obviously Jackie Dixon was/ is concerned about the lives of her family and friends because of the crazy people who threatened them!! For people reading this who don't live in the Philadelphia area and are reading this, at the Kraft Food plant,a couple of months ago somebody who was fired went back to the plant and killed two people who she blamed for her losing her job, and injured many others.. It is happening all over the country and is not something that should be taken lightly in anyway.. The way I feel is, if you are stupid enough to put it in writing you are stupid enough to try it!!
However with all that said you "Posse Comitatus" have to be the BIGGEST MORON on here!! First the DOD brings million of dollars to Express Scripts on a daily basis.. Second, And maybe I am reading it wrong,you can explain, but to me it sounds like you are threatening DOD and I guess for that matter the Federal Government.. You really shouldn't be threatening the hand that feeds you. So, when/if the DOD and I guess all government plans pull everything out of Express Scripts I am sure it won't be about the union but because of their own, stupid blog!!
Now from all the training course I have taken I know what I must do..I have to report this, and I have to email George Paz from my Express Scripts email to his.. Subject- DOD "confidential" an then explain that since he is the CEO of the company and Topix is an Express Script website he should know people live have been threated and "Posse Comitatus" just threatened the hand that feeds him billions..Read the STL headlines now Express Script blog"Posse Comitatus" threatens DOD cost George Paz billions!!
MOFO

Canada

#615 Oct 21, 2010
This is great stuff guys. keep up the good work.
Make it happen

United States

#616 Oct 21, 2010
is thishelping bargaining? no, let's stop the bickering people, when we are looked on as a site we are BENSALEM, and our goals are met when we all work together. What is important here? We all want our jobs and the tension is high so we all may say things in the heat of passion, whether right or wrong, let's move on repect each other and call it quits. Just stop it and make something happen so we can live to fight another day because opinions mean nothing at the end of the day .
MOFO

Canada

#617 Oct 21, 2010
that is one of the many great things about the USA you can express your self and your opinion.And yes your opinion does matter!!!
Sad state of affairs

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#618 Oct 21, 2010
Maybe if Jackie would work more towards getting some agreement with the company and the union and less about who called her a name or "threatened" her. We wouldnt be in this situation
hm....
MOFO

Canada

#619 Oct 21, 2010
WHOA!! look out. that was awesome. why didnt i think of that. hm....
esi 18yrs

Asheville, NC

#620 Oct 22, 2010
I sold my soul for express scripts! AS a Employee I would say the downfall of the employee came when they purchased Value/Rx and aquired automated dispensing machines. Before then there was mandatory over time 70 to 80 hours aweek. They would threaten us by saying they access us points to our attendance so we be in danger of pointing out on our job. the overtime was good for me but I would get burned out.We had personal and team bonuses.Iwas very happy at this time. But all this change when the ROBOT came in.OVERTIME AND BONUSES went out the window.Only the overachieving employees would get ayearly bonus. INcreases came once ayear no more than 4% increase. I am gladim not there.ITS comes time when were no longer appreciated to move on.Thank You to all the friends and memmories I made thru the years. ESI EXEXMPOYEE ST.l
Sad state of affairs

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#621 Oct 25, 2010
Quiet..
I hope that means the Union finally decided to buckle down and come to thier senses..
I mean this Friday is the two weeks.. This Friday! Where are the updates.. Where is the almighty union now...While we all question wtf is happening. Noone seems to know squat
Funny is all....
2012 doomsday ESI

Mechanicsburg, PA

#622 Oct 26, 2010
All quiet on the eastern front til the final assault on the union. Could be anyday now!!!! God luck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Express Scripts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bottles size - too big Dec 24 ShadowMan 1
Fight over $1,100 hepatitis C pills awaits next... Dec 22 reneir880 1
evil company Dec 3 Steve 2
Express Scripts Controlled Substance (Dec '13) Aug '14 Marcella 2
Walgreens Drug Store to Leave TRICARE Pharmacy ... (Aug '11) Jun '14 Blood Pressure Mo... 3
Adult ADHD med use up, especially women (May '14) May '14 Childrens Meds 4
claim (May '14) May '14 bocar sy 1
More from around the web