Protesters temporarily shut down gas drilling site

Full story: Centre Daily Times
A group protesting a new Marcellus Shale gas drilling site in Moshannon State Forest caused the site to be temporarily shut down Sunday. Full Story
Woodsy

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#1 Jul 9, 2012
Herm Suplizio showed up but would not get out of his car!
Bystander

Clearfield, PA

#2 Jul 9, 2012
Not that anyone from GoDubois will read this, but I'll post some facts here since so many (including Dubeditor, Keyser Soze & Old Rooster who were NOT at the scene) THINK they actually know whats was going on.

No one drove the protest from Oregon, they were already in the state for another 7 day function elsewhere. Some were from Dimock PA, and if you know anything about fracking, you know the water troubles that Dimock has had from drilling and fracturing. Many were from other parts of PA too.

Only one SUV was there that I saw and it was not anything big, most drove Subarus, Hondas and a couple hybrids. The State police cars at the lower site were left running the whole time. There were many people in each protests vehicle. Many also work or are in college, it wasn't a bunch of unemployed hippies as some are saying.

Classified chemicals are being injected in the ground near the DuBois reservor and some are complaining about people pissing and crapping? Yes, makes perfect sense for this area. As if the thousands of dear and other wildlife use public restrooms.

All the trees were dead-fall, nothing was cut.

The well workers are from Alaska, but I don't see anyone complaining about the local jobs being lost which is kind of silly. Again, very common for this area to not look at what was actually going on.

State police were pretty kind and respectful considering the situation. I'm sure they would have rather been elsewhere but it comes with the job.

All this information was available at the actual protest site, all you had to do was ask instead of sitting behind your computer putting out all your (false) theories. Have to wonder why no newspaper were there when something this big was going on in their backyard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Equitable Resources Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fracking water tanker wrecks historic Pa. bridge Oct 2 haha 5
Split election board to contest Voter ID law (Jun '12) Jun '12 Old Fool Foibles 8
Top After Market NYSE Losers (Oct '11) Oct '11 Justo 1
Noisy equipment (Sep '11) Sep '11 Jason 1
Natural gas company wants Va. suit tossed (Jul '10) Sep '10 truth 2
Natural Gas Firm Takes 257,000-SF Office (Oct '08) Oct '08 Dan 3
Around Town: Did a meteorite make mincemeat of ... (May '08) May '08 Matthew Grebner 1

Equitable Resources People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE