El Paso may get $100-million-plus can...

El Paso may get $100-million-plus cancer treatment center

There are 5 comments on the El Paso Times story from Feb 9, 2009, titled El Paso may get $100-million-plus cancer treatment center. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

An Ohio real estate developer is looking at El Paso as a possible site for a $100-million-plus cancer treatment center using proton beam radiation technology now used in only five cities in the United States.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

64navyvet

United States

#1 Feb 10, 2009
Your reporter just drove other possible skilled labor and highly paid employer out of El Paso. It always amazes me how something that is maybe, iffy, a long way off and of course must be geared to Mexico for patients that we will pay for. I suppose all the jobs will be bi lingual only.
Jerry Kurtyka

El Paso, TX

#2 Feb 10, 2009
He needs 100 acres. So does the potential auto plant. I suppose they'll ask the PSB to give it to them and the Council, dedicated to giving away public assets, will concur.

Business needs to learn to pay its own way instead of sucking off the public purse.
John

United States

#3 Feb 10, 2009
Why is it that you "Americans" always fear communities that are bilingual. I bet this is the only place in the world where people hate being bilingual and where they don't see the benefits of this. You all need to realize that we live in a globalized world and that not everybody speaks English. There are other languages out there. And another thing you all always prove is that El Paso is a very racist, discriminatory, and prejudice city. I don't understand why all you people that hate Mexico so much don't just leave and go back to your all white cities on the East Coast, Midwest, or South.
64navyvet

United States

#4 Feb 10, 2009
John wrote:
Why is it that you "Americans" always fear communities that are bilingual. I bet this is the only place in the world where people hate being bilingual and where they don't see the benefits of this. You all need to realize that we live in a globalized world and that not everybody speaks English. There are other languages out there. And another thing you all always prove is that El Paso is a very racist, discriminatory, and prejudice city. I don't understand why all you people that hate Mexico so much don't just leave and go back to your all white cities on the East Coast, Midwest, or South.
Sorry to disappoint you John but my mother came from Durango and left Mexico behind as it held terrible memories. She also learned English and had me speak only English and I'm married to a person who speaks Polish. So whu don't you go back to Mexico. It's such a great country.
Concerned

El Paso, TX

#5 Feb 11, 2009
Why do they not get the property recently bought by Paul Foster at ther corner of Helen of Try and Desert North there has alreday been a nuclear generator installed in tht building when to belonged to Johnson & Johnson.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News West Side baby store to open third location (Oct '08) Jan 25 FUN FLEXFART 7
sup (Jul '14) Jul '14 tatted up 1
wtf (Jan '14) Jan '14 shygyt 1
News Oilman Oscar Wyatt Jr. hospitalized after stroke (Jan '09) Nov '13 Concerned 22
News Third of El Pasoans get medical care in Ju rez (Nov '08) Mar '13 Jose Can You See ... 58
News Work reunion: Ex-El Paso Natural Gas Co. employ... (Nov '10) Apr '12 Rose Baquera 12
News Richard Kinder Irks White House, Kremlin and Wa... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Earl 2
More from around the web