'Extreme Home' debut: Famously renova...

'Extreme Home' debut: Famously renovated house is TV show's star

There are 18 comments on the El Paso Times story from Mar 11, 2009, titled 'Extreme Home' debut: Famously renovated house is TV show's star. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

El Pasoans who have driven by the "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" house in the Lower Valley know it is a two-story abode with a Spanish flair, high ceilings and a turret.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Retired Army Guy

Cannonsburg, MI

#1 Mar 11, 2009
"Things that make you go 'hmmm'."
Mike is Right

United States

#2 Mar 12, 2009
i heard there is chips and salsa on every table in the house.....i wish i lived there!
The Trekker

El Paso, TX

#4 Mar 12, 2009
This just another example of government waste of our taxpayer dollars! This is why the PSB should be under direct control of the City Council and the County commissioners. They are clearly out of control!
The Trekker

El Paso, TX

#5 Mar 12, 2009
It appears that the consultant justifed why the PSB should hire him! Isn't that special........
Bull Chit

United States

#6 Mar 12, 2009
Thats your stormwater money hard at work.. Vote May 9th to take controll of your stormwater utility.
Outdoorsman

AOL

#7 Mar 12, 2009
WOnder if he works under Archuletas Desk?
Voters

United States

#8 Mar 12, 2009
Vote May 9th to take control of your stormwater utility!! Don't let this band of thugs (the PSB) continue taking your money with no accountability.
hey beto

El Paso, TX

#9 Mar 12, 2009
i bet beto thot that spending 600 k for the trafic study in the valley was ok too.
DR Westside

United States

#10 Mar 12, 2009
Another form of wasteful spending, when will these crooks get it through their heads that the people of El Paso don't trust the PSB, transfer the responsibility to the city where hopefully their actions can be monitered. As far as Beto,Bird, Lilly, and Holgin, they should be tarred,feathered and thrown out of this city, oh I forgot, do the same with the major, John Crook, and the city manager(what a big joke)witch Wilson.
LEERY

El Paso, TX

#11 Mar 12, 2009
The PSB is making so much money, they can afford to squander it as they please!
"Oh, the humanity"!
This is maddening and downright infuriating!
Why is this entity allowed so much freedom to throw money around?
Christina Montoya,$85 grand a year, for what?
Telling Ed it smells like roses?
No wonder PSB employees are the highest paid people in this corrupt town!
They are ripping us and fleecing us so much, they don't know what to do with all that money!
Someone needs to put a stop to the arrogance of the PSB!
They seem to think they are accountable to no one!
Oh, sorry, of course they are not accountable to anyone!
IT seems as though they are just thumbing their noses at us, and telling us, "you can't touch us"!
MADASHELL

El Paso, TX

#12 Mar 12, 2009
REMEMBER TO VOTE ON MAY 9th!
Also, remember which council members have been at the forefront of allowing Ed at the PSB to continue the public fleecing!
This time we are cleaning house at city hall!
The mayor and his band of incompetent city council romper room idiots all have got to go!
Beto, Steve, Susy, mayor Cook, and then, witch Joyce!
The PSB will have some accounting to do after May 9th!
PSB, and city council, your day of reckoning is at hand!!!!!!
PROUD EL PASOAN

El Paso, TX

#13 Mar 12, 2009
Keep asking for more checks and balances, see if these prices don't add up. Just the ballot issue alone is going to cost us $55,000! When all is said and done, the same thing is going to happen, whether its at the City or at the PSB, either way you're gonna pay your fee+++PLUS AS AN ADDED PENALTY, you're going to pay for all of the logistics and studies, and election that you anti-PSBers wanted. Where is Janacek and his wallet now? Why doesn't he just give the City a cool half million to cover all of these costs?
R U crazy

El Paso, TX

#14 Mar 12, 2009
The same people who are crying foul with the PSB are the ones who should be paying the bill, their whining is what resulted in the study in the first place. Only ignorant people think they are going to get out of paying a fee. Yep either way the people are going to be paying for it. Nothing was done for decades and no something is being done and people are still whining because they want to throw an election. It will backfire because they aren't concened with taxpayers they are only bent on political revenge. $48K is less than what Asarco paid UTEP for nothing but a glorified pro Asarco marketing ad.
munkeynuts

El Paso, TX

#15 Mar 12, 2009
For as much effort they put into that house we could have given some 3-4 families is more extreme needed the help. I'm not saying this family isn't deserving? I won't watch the show cause It just makes me sick and want to shiiitte myself.
deep

El Paso, TX

#16 Mar 12, 2009
so proud el pasoan the citizens should let the corruption in the psb continue. at least the election money will go to something worth while and not some 6oo k for a traffic study in the valley and 46 k for this worthless crap.
Anne

El Paso, TX

#17 Mar 12, 2009
Typical. The City hires a consultant, requests a study and makes the PSB pay for it. THEN the El Paso Times makes it look like the consultant is working for the PSB, which makes the PSB the bad guy for spending the money. What's up with that?
hey anne

El Paso, TX

#18 Mar 13, 2009
stfu ! its all the same chit. did you msee the poll.

most people would have consulted for 46 dollars no matter who pays.
P Madre

Levelland, TX

#19 Mar 13, 2009
Am I seeing correctly, wasnt this article about the new appointment to the PFB?? They changed the title so we wont go nutts and stone the PSB. Now the article is about extreme makeover!! ANother cover up by the EL Paso Times!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sup (Jul '14) Jul '14 tatted up 1
wtf (Jan '14) Jan '14 shygyt 1
News Oilman Oscar Wyatt Jr. hospitalized after stroke (Jan '09) Nov '13 Concerned 22
News Third of El Pasoans get medical care in Ju rez (Nov '08) Mar '13 Jose Can You See ... 58
News Work reunion: Ex-El Paso Natural Gas Co. employ... (Nov '10) Apr '12 Rose Baquera 12
News Richard Kinder Irks White House, Kremlin and Wa... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Earl 2
girls that fun (Aug '11) Aug '11 Oscar 2
More from around the web