Pair get probation in schemeto smuggl...

Pair get probation in schemeto smuggle Filipino teachers

There are 5 comments on the El Paso Times story from Aug 25, 2008, titled Pair get probation in schemeto smuggle Filipino teachers. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

A woman and her son who owned a Houston-based group that smuggled Filipino teachers to several El Paso school districts, on Monday were sentenced to three months probation each, a spokesman for the U.S. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Steve

Corsica, PA

#1 Aug 26, 2008
It seems that school administrators not only want all the illegal alien students they can get (they get nearly $7,000 per illegal alien from the State), but want to save money on teachers' salaries as well.

Great. All we need are students to learn English with a Tagalog accent to mix in with their Tex-Mex.
Peggy

El Paso, TX

#2 Aug 26, 2008
For more background on this story, you can Google Tolentino, Filipino teachers, OMNI Consortium. I was sitting front and center at the Board Meeting when this little enterprise was brought into our district. It was obvious to all present that Mario Aguilar was up to something. Our administrators were not taken advantage of, they were more than willing to participate in this fraud. Then theres the profits made by the Gandera family for holding the teachers hostage.
TX USA

Houston, TX

#3 Aug 26, 2008
Three months probation! Are you kidding me? What luck they have. It didn't hurt them having all their bank accounts and assets forfeited. Of course, they have their Swiss accounts and other properties outside the U.S. The mother can still go around flaunting her jewelry, go to parties, shop, and who knows, still engage in the same kind of business... Smuggling teachers.
melissa

United States

#4 Aug 26, 2008
deported back to your country. NO ILLEGALS
melissa

United States

#5 Aug 26, 2008
TX USA wrote:
Three months probation! Are you kidding me? What luck they have. It didn't hurt them having all their bank accounts and assets forfeited. Of course, they have their Swiss accounts and other properties outside the U.S. The mother can still go around flaunting her jewelry, go to parties, shop, and who knows, still engage in the same kind of business... Smuggling teachers.
I agree! US NO ILLEGALS, pay taxes or go back to mexico

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sup (Jul '14) Jul '14 tatted up 1
wtf (Jan '14) Jan '14 shygyt 1
News Oilman Oscar Wyatt Jr. hospitalized after stroke (Jan '09) Nov '13 Concerned 22
News Third of El Pasoans get medical care in Ju rez (Nov '08) Mar '13 Jose Can You See ... 58
News Work reunion: Ex-El Paso Natural Gas Co. employ... (Nov '10) Apr '12 Rose Baquera 12
News Richard Kinder Irks White House, Kremlin and Wa... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Earl 2
girls that fun (Aug '11) Aug '11 Oscar 2
More from around the web