Ju rez plans U.S. ad campaign to boos...

Ju rez plans U.S. ad campaign to boost image

There are 11 comments on the El Paso Times story from Sep 25, 2008, titled Ju rez plans U.S. ad campaign to boost image. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

The Juarez city government plans a billboard advertising campaign in cities in the U.S. Southwest in an effort to improve Juarez's violent image, officials said Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Reality

United States

#1 Sep 25, 2008
Great let me run down there and get my teeth cleaned...Then crawl back to the bridge waiting for a rescue team to take me to Thomason Hospital to treat my gunshot wounds. Sweet move city of the Sun.
El Jefe

Poway, CA

#2 Sep 25, 2008
And so the epithets and racial slurs begin:

“Proud Skeptic!”

Since: Feb 08

El Paso

#4 Sep 25, 2008
Will the billboards be in English or Spanish?
FUBAR

Plano, TX

#5 Sep 25, 2008
OR, they could use that money in the fight against the cartels and actually try and ARREST SOMEBODY!! That might help clear their image up.
bashy mc bash

El Paso, TX

#6 Sep 25, 2008
Reality wrote:
Great let me run down there and get my teeth cleaned...Then crawl back to the bridge waiting for a rescue team to take me to Thomason Hospital to treat my gunshot wounds. Sweet move city of the Sun.
You are Stupid.. The Sun City is El Paso not Juarez... Pig...
Gunslinger915

El Paso, TX

#7 Sep 25, 2008
Wells lets see. They better start by censoring the news stories, buyout the El Paso Times and all the radio and TV stations. Oh and tape up EVERYBODIES mouth. Today, Juarez passed the milestone of OVER 1,000 murders for the year. Put that on your billboard. "Hey everybody come on down to Juarez on the Border. We got drugs, dead bodies in the streets, bodies in the trash dumps, bodies in the cement barrels. We will have a tour of the crime scenes where several hundred young ladies have been murdered(no suspects). You will actually see live shoot outs on the streets with AK 47's and various other weapons. It's St Valentines Day in Juarez EVERYDAY, not like those wimp gansters in Chicago. So come on down. FREE kilo of marijuana to the first 100 visitors"">

Since: Jul 08

El Paso, TX

#8 Sep 26, 2008
An ad campaign? Ridiculous.
Gunslinger915

El Paso, TX

#9 Sep 27, 2008
Maybe, if they did billboards and put the pictures of Cartel gangsters and the crooked cops and politicos on them?? And offer High Value Target REWARDS??? An idea that could work??
gangsta DRUG trash

El Paso, TX

#11 Sep 27, 2008
The billboards are already up on I-10; lame.

Go to Juarez with Texas license plates, get car-jacked !!

''Come to Juarez for the tequila,.... stay for the Donkey show ...''
Gunslinger915

El Paso, TX

#13 Sep 28, 2008
gangsta DRUG trash wrote:
The billboards are already up on I-10; lame.
Go to Juarez with Texas license plates, get car-jacked !!
''Come to Juarez for the tequila,.... stay for the Donkey show ...''
They should let American Citizens, El Pasoans, who pay all the bills for Mexico/ Mexicans, write these billboards. "See the drug war-LIVE and in living color. Want to get shot, stabbed or murdered(??) Come to Juarez". "Free bottle of tequila with every gun shot".

“Lionel Richie For President! ”

Since: Mar 08

Hell

#14 Sep 28, 2008
El Paul wrote:
"Juarez: More Than Just Donkey Shows and Velvet Elvis Paintings"
LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sup (Jul '14) Jul '14 tatted up 1
wtf (Jan '14) Jan '14 shygyt 1
News Oilman Oscar Wyatt Jr. hospitalized after stroke (Jan '09) Nov '13 Concerned 22
News Third of El Pasoans get medical care in Ju rez (Nov '08) Mar '13 Jose Can You See ... 58
News Work reunion: Ex-El Paso Natural Gas Co. employ... (Nov '10) Apr '12 Rose Baquera 12
News Richard Kinder Irks White House, Kremlin and Wa... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Earl 2
girls that fun (Aug '11) Aug '11 Oscar 2
More from around the web