Couple jailed in fake green card sale...

Couple jailed in fake green card sales appears in court

There are 8 comments on the El Paso Times story from Mar 11, 2009, titled Couple jailed in fake green card sales appears in court. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

A couple accused of selling fake green cards and Social Security cards to an undercover Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent remained jailed Wednesday after making their first appearance in federal court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

OutInTheWestTexa sTown

United States

#1 Mar 12, 2009
If Aceves is found to be guilty of being an undocumented immigrant then the law has been broken and she should be deported and the bill should be sent to Mexico, or country of Origin, for all the legal fees and transport of the crimminal. Why should we the tax paying citizens pay for her crimminality, if found guilty?
wetblack

El Paso, TX

#2 Mar 12, 2009
I wonder if they were EPCC or UTEP students? They sound about the right age. Anyone can do this, all one needs is the stupidity and a good printer and there you go.
Customs enforcement should check out ALL of the "photo I.D." places downtown. I'm sure some of them do what this article talks about on the "side."
Sara Sue

United States

#3 Mar 12, 2009
So what is the problem here? Deport them they should not be able to live in the US. Why spend money to go to trial...just send them back to their own country. We don't need people like that in the US. Trash. They just cost us money. Trash...trash
LadyM

Florence, SC

#4 Mar 13, 2009
Sara Sue wrote:
So what is the problem here? Deport them they should not be able to live in the US. Why spend money to go to trial...just send them back to their own country. We don't need people like that in the US. Trash. They just cost us money. Trash...trash
The problem with deportation only is that the ones deported are usually back in this country before the ink dries on the paperwork. They need to do the jail time to show that we are serious about enforcing our laws. That may make them think twice before they try to sneak back across the border.

Crimes like these should be considered felonies because of the chance that an American citizen's numbers may be used and the damage that causes to the citizen.
Mark

Jerusalem, Israel

#5 Mar 15, 2009
People from all over the world can win the American Green Card by registering to the DV Lottery program done by the US State Department every year.
The chances are very high. People can register directly on the US site or use a professional company's services. An organization that renders such services and makes sure the application is submitted correctly is USAGC Organization:
www.USAGC.org/step1landing.aspx...
Mark

Jerusalem, Israel

#6 Mar 15, 2009
50,000 win a USA Green Card and you can be one of them.

www.USAGC.org/step1landing.aspx...

USAGC Organization

Since: Mar 09

El Paso, TX

#7 Mar 15, 2009
LadyM wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with deportation only is that the ones deported are usually back in this country before the ink dries on the paperwork. They need to do the jail time to show that we are serious about enforcing our laws. That may make them think twice before they try to sneak back across the border.
Crimes like these should be considered felonies because of the chance that an American citizen's numbers may be used and the damage that causes to the citizen.
Jail time doesnt even work on our own citizens. Why don't we cane these people, like they did in Singapore? Im pretty sure that guy hasnt been back to vandalize anything.

What really gets me is that about a month ago illegals were crossing a guys land in Arizona, and the owner, tired of trying to communicate to them to get off his land, attacked a illegal man and woman. They later sued him in our own court system and were rewarded upwards of 75K. Thats our rules working for someone else. He should have shot them and thrown there bodies back over the fence. Maybe with a catapult.
MARY LOPZ

Wayne, NJ

#8 Mar 28, 2009
I NEED A GEEN CARD

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sup (Jul '14) Jul '14 tatted up 1
wtf (Jan '14) Jan '14 shygyt 1
News Oilman Oscar Wyatt Jr. hospitalized after stroke (Jan '09) Nov '13 Concerned 22
News Third of El Pasoans get medical care in Ju rez (Nov '08) Mar '13 Jose Can You See ... 58
News Work reunion: Ex-El Paso Natural Gas Co. employ... (Nov '10) Apr '12 Rose Baquera 12
News Richard Kinder Irks White House, Kremlin and Wa... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Earl 2
girls that fun (Aug '11) Aug '11 Oscar 2
More from around the web