Ex-EPISD trustee says he's sorry

Ex-EPISD trustee says he's sorry

There are 57 comments on the El Paso Times story from Feb 19, 2009, titled Ex-EPISD trustee says he's sorry. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Sal Mena, right, a former El Paso Independent School District trustee, and his lawyer, Miguel Torres, walked Wednesday morning to the entrance of the U.S. Courthouse in El Paso.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ToDannyboy

AOL

#43 Feb 21, 2009
I have no doubts Uncle Sal helped you in your law practice.
Gaser

United States

#44 Feb 21, 2009
He will fake another pedo attack before heads to the slammer.
really

El Paso, TX

#45 Feb 22, 2009
BLOOD wrote:
Everyone one here making comments and being @#$HOLES especially out of town people should be ashamed of what they r writing. Let it hit home and see how yall would react my uncle is a good man and will always be a great guy. BLOOD is thicker than water you'll always have my full support Uncle Sal
While he may be your uncle, and I have met the man, he still made a mistake and it was an issue of trust. He did steal from the taxpayers for his own gain. While he may of done a lot of good, all that will be remembered are these issues of stealing and bribery.
Criminal Doctors

El Paso, TX

#46 Feb 22, 2009
The Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wait Gringo. They're(FBI)coming for the whites too. Greed knows no color or race.
Dr. Vernoy Walker and Dr. Olmer Brooker really believe that the FBI won't do anything to them because they are white doctors. Bob Jones was embezzling money from the government to fund Walker and Brooker and Physicians Healthcare Associates and Physicians hosptital, and they coordinated with Frank Apodaca to have a medical takeover in El Paso
Crucify him

El Paso, TX

#47 Feb 22, 2009
Sal crucified himself, no need for extra nails.
Criminal Doctors

El Paso, TX

#48 Feb 22, 2009
dopes wrote:
Why all the prison references? NOT ONE GUILTY PLEA has served time in prison and they never will.
Face it...public corruption is not considered a serious crime by the judicial branch. The legislative branch assures that position with weak laws.
If Sal had used a gun and robbed a Circle K of 100 dollars in cash he would be in prison right now.
Things have changed. The director of the FBI Robert Mueller said he will make white collar crime a priority. Now that the USA ecomony is destroyed and Mexican violence has spilled over thanks to these crooks, there will be no leniency
Bob Jones

El Paso, TX

#49 Feb 22, 2009
BigDickDaddyfromCinn wrote:
<quoted text>
Since Luther Jones is the ring leader in the entire case, I guess the answer to your question is one. hahahahahah
Isn't Bob Jones the ring leader of the public corruption scandal and his buddies over at NCED, Sahara, Physicians Healthcare Associates, Physicians Hospital, Access Healthsource and his other ties to organized crime.
Bob Jones

El Paso, TX

#51 Feb 22, 2009
perez wrote:
<quoted text>
nope he is not the ring leader...he thought he was...but no seree..he was used.
Actually, you are correct on this one. Bob Jones was set up by the founders of Physicians Healthcare Associates because Jones had the bucks and had the real estate know how. In fact, I believe there was some things unethical and strings pulled in Jones opening up those PHA buildings that were not suppose to happen. Jones didn't have a medical background but those doctors especially Walker, Pitchford, and Brooker dragged him into this and know Jones is taking the fall for these men. In the meantime, Walker and Brooker deny all this.
Bob Jones

El Paso, TX

#53 Feb 22, 2009
perez wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you believe the mob ties and contracts,right?
Some of the things you said make sense. Why did Bob Jones all of sudden decide to become involved in the medical industry and non-for profit and sudden interest in aircraft hanger company. Also, Dr. Walker seemed to have an interest in the non-profit sect because he knew this non-profit sect was building him a brand new buiding on Remcon.
Bob Jones Friends

El Paso, TX

#56 Feb 23, 2009
Damn, if Mena faces up to 20 years can you imagine how much time Bob Jones and Dr. Walker and Dr. Brooker and Apodaca will get. They should get the electric chair. What they did was a form of treason. Fry Buzz Buzz Fry.
Bis Abuelito

El Paso, TX

#61 Feb 23, 2009
Old Fart wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob Jones 5 to 7 years.
You are right. Because Bob Jones is viejito he only has 7 years left on his life. He fartsss cob webs and spiders.
Ana

El Paso, TX

#62 Feb 23, 2009
Perez,
Jones has not revealed everything to the FBI. He is not an honest man. We all know that. Vernoy Walker is so scared of an FBI agent going undercover as a patient that he no longer accepts new patients at Physicians Healthcare Associates. He doesn't know that there is undercover agents everywhere, going back as far as 15 years. I heard as many as 70 percent of those around him are spying on him or giving out information about him to those who have connections. Even those that he thought were long time associates.
Ana

El Paso, TX

#63 Feb 23, 2009
perez wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you believe the mob ties and contracts,right?
What else do you know Perez?
Obama

El Paso, TX

#64 Feb 24, 2009
Obama is talking about the mess our economy is in yet most of these people who skkrewed over millions of Americans with their massive public corruption are free watching his speech in the comfort and luxury of their own home. I hope Obama knows what's going on in El Paso and the names of those involved so he can send them to federal prison for life and have them repay all the billions they stole from the American people and government to put our ecomony back on track.
Ella

United States

#65 Feb 24, 2009
I'd like to see Mena be someone's b*t*ch before he leaves prison, raped again, and again, just like he did to everyone else financially....
Another idiot that needs to leave El Paso.
The Pie Man

El Paso, TX

#66 Feb 24, 2009
To bad. Don't drop the soap M/F......
Fake Apology

El Paso, TX

#67 Feb 26, 2009
Is anyone going to call and tell Obama what's been happening in El Paso?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sup (Jul '14) Jul '14 tatted up 1
wtf (Jan '14) Jan '14 shygyt 1
News Oilman Oscar Wyatt Jr. hospitalized after stroke (Jan '09) Nov '13 Concerned 22
News Third of El Pasoans get medical care in Ju rez (Nov '08) Mar '13 Jose Can You See ... 58
News Work reunion: Ex-El Paso Natural Gas Co. employ... (Nov '10) Apr '12 Rose Baquera 12
News Richard Kinder Irks White House, Kremlin and Wa... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Earl 2
girls that fun (Aug '11) Aug '11 Oscar 2
More from around the web