Ex-EPISD trustee says he's sorry

Ex-EPISD trustee says he's sorry

There are 57 comments on the El Paso Times story from Feb 19, 2009, titled Ex-EPISD trustee says he's sorry. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Sal Mena, right, a former El Paso Independent School District trustee, and his lawyer, Miguel Torres, walked Wednesday morning to the entrance of the U.S. Courthouse in El Paso.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Why El Paso

El Paso, TX

#1 Feb 19, 2009
Lets see, another mexican stealing/earning money illegally. There is no difference between stealing from a 7-11. This is just someone with an education. How many mexicans have been caught or confessed to taking brides? Why do you think people want these positions? In the next year or so, watch how many high profile positions you will see people retiring in hopes of not getting caught for their past and how many people are charged? Oh, excuse me if you think that I might be prejudice, how many white people been charged?
NoPoOr

Portland, OR

#2 Feb 19, 2009
The sense of power, authority are corrupting factors that infects human judgment. I believe that he is sorry as he states. But it is a sorrow born of embarrassment of having been caught; sorrow for putting his family through this. Had he not been caught he would still have a network of complicity with others just as corrupt.

"Why El Paso" reveals his racial feeling by initiating his comments: Let's see, another mexican stealing/earning money illegally.
This is not an issue of 'mexican' but an issue of betrayal by those who have been entrusted with a responsibility to the public. It is ubiquitous, crosses racial barriers. The present financial disaster is a consequence of corruption for which we all have to pay.

Mena is only one of many in the apple cart.

It's a moral disease, endemic.
White Trash

AOL

#3 Feb 19, 2009
Why El Paso wrote:
Lets see, another mexican stealing/earning money illegally. There is no difference between stealing from a 7-11. This is just someone with an education. How many mexicans have been caught or confessed to taking brides? Why do you think people want these positions? In the next year or so, watch how many high profile positions you will see people retiring in hopes of not getting caught for their past and how many people are charged? Oh, excuse me if you think that I might be prejudice, how many white people been charged?
Is David Lange a Mexican, you i d i o t . Is Charles Roarke Mexican? Is Bob Jones Mexican? Luther Jones is next. Maybe he might be Mexican. YEAH RIGHT.
joseph vitagliano

El Paso, TX

#4 Feb 19, 2009
Another fine product of EPISD.
The Realist

El Paso, TX

#5 Feb 19, 2009
Why El Paso wrote:
Just wait Gringo. They're(FBI)coming for the whites too. Greed knows no color or race.
Yo Yo

Richmond, VA

#6 Feb 19, 2009
Why El Paso wrote:
Was he really taking brides!!! How many brides did he have.
BigDickDaddyfrom Cinn

Cedar Park, TX

#7 Feb 19, 2009
I hope mena gets the maximum sentance.
BigDickDaddyfrom Cinn

Cedar Park, TX

#8 Feb 19, 2009
Why El Paso wrote:
Since Luther Jones is the ring leader in the entire case, I guess the answer to your question is one. hahahahahah
In EP

El Paso, TX

#9 Feb 19, 2009
He is sorry? "Yeah, am sorry I stole money from people, even though my mom taught me not to steal." So much for my mom's teachings.

"Thou shall not steal"....I guess he miss that one too.

NEXT!
EP Sometimes

El Paso, TX

#10 Feb 19, 2009
The Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wait Gringo. They're(FBI)coming for the whites too. Greed knows no color or race.
Ditto!
Only In EP

AOL

#11 Feb 19, 2009
This local saga is better than a movie. When do they start mentioning the girlfriends & lovers?
SarcasMan

Arlington, TX

#12 Feb 19, 2009
Why El Paso, that's right... white people are not corrupt. Maddof, Stanford, Dickie Scruggs, Duke Cunningham, Ted Stevens, etc... are as pure as your mother was on her wedding night.

Shut up and direct your worthless criticism inward, you moron.
Gaser

Brownsville, TX

#13 Feb 19, 2009
This is more about corrupt , lazy , teachers . This is what they grow up to be.
myopic cynic

Seminole, FL

#14 Feb 19, 2009
Bernard L. Madoff, ex-VP Chenney, ex-Pres. Nixon, ex-Cong. Leday, these guys took bribes, stole and got their names muddied up. I think they even might be the epitome of white folks too. Some of the previous posts are absolutely correct in saying that greed crosses all racial and ethnic boundaries.
Additionally, remember "the Keating Five"? They were five United States Senators accused of corruption in 1989, igniting a major political scandal as part of the larger Savings and Loan crisis of the late 1980s and early 1990s. The five senators, Alan Cranston (D-CA), Dennis DeConcini (D-AZ), John Glenn (D-OH), John McCain (R-AZ), and Donald W. Riegle (D-MI), were accused of improperly intervening in 1987 on behalf of Charles H. Keating, Jr., chairman of the Lincoln Savings and Loan Association, which was the target of a regulatory investigation by the Federal Home Loan Bank Board (FHLBB). The FHLBB subsequently backed off taking action against Lincoln.
Sals Conscience

United States

#15 Feb 19, 2009
I am thawwy.
Ouch

United States

#16 Feb 19, 2009
White Trash wrote:
<quoted text>
Is David Lange a Mexican, you i d i o t . Is Charles Roarke Mexican? Is Bob Jones Mexican? Luther Jones is next. Maybe he might be Mexican. YEAH RIGHT.
that's like a MEGAOWNED
that gotta hurt
HasBeen

AOL

#17 Feb 19, 2009
One day you are on top of the world... Armani suits, VIP cocktail parties, manicured lawn, manicured dog, late model car... the next day you are someone's b i t c h in prison.
Gunslinger915

El Paso, TX

#18 Feb 19, 2009
Well hell, the guy said he "is sorry". What do you people want from him?? What do you really expect from our local politicos?? As has been previously said about the Government of Mexico, in El Paso, "It's rotten from the bottom to the top". And being "sorry" will probably get Mena a high paying job (yes, OUR tax money), at City Hall, El Paso County, one of the Colleges and yep, even back at EPISD. MOST politicos, public officials in El Paso are crooks, corrupt. Buying votes, selling votes, selling "favors", no-bid contracts, discriminatory employeement(family, friends), land scams; etc. It is kind of disappointing that out of the 85 initial investigations on the "list" of corrupt subjects, only a couple have been charged. NOBODY has gone to prison, yet. Why is that?? If Mena gets any "time"(???), will probably be like a year, at home, on probation. Most of these people, officials are corrupt. Just takes enough investigating to find out what they are doing, did.
tex5150

United States

#19 Feb 19, 2009
Well...as long as he said he's sorry...
Freedom

AOL

#20 Feb 19, 2009
Sal you will finally be free from that high maintenance witch! She will now have to fend for herself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sup (Jul '14) Jul '14 tatted up 1
wtf (Jan '14) Jan '14 shygyt 1
News Oilman Oscar Wyatt Jr. hospitalized after stroke (Jan '09) Nov '13 Concerned 22
News Third of El Pasoans get medical care in Ju rez (Nov '08) Mar '13 Jose Can You See ... 58
News Work reunion: Ex-El Paso Natural Gas Co. employ... (Nov '10) Apr '12 Rose Baquera 12
News Richard Kinder Irks White House, Kremlin and Wa... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Earl 2
girls that fun (Aug '11) Aug '11 Oscar 2
More from around the web