Natural-gas pipeline explosion in Ohio does little damage | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch
People miles away reported hearing a "blowtorch" sound and could see a glow in the sky from a gas pipeline explosion that shook residents in eastern Ohio, an official said yesterday. Full Story
missskeptic

Westerville, OH

#1 Feb 12, 2011
This is why we need a big push for infrastructure jobs in the US. More of these kinds of incidents will happen if we don't invest in the future.
oldman62

Wooster, OH

#2 Feb 12, 2011
The USDOT can require pipeline operators to improve operation and maintenance activities.
But that would be one of those dreaded "Government Regulations" and we can't have that now can we.
Do you wonder why there are so many explosions?
oldman62

Wooster, OH

#3 Feb 12, 2011
I'll bet there are some corrosion people at Tennessee Pipeline sweating bullets right about now.
alzie52

Cleveland, OH

#4 Feb 12, 2011
that gas pipeline station has been smelling for 3 years i know of and i live in hanoverton
Reader

Mount Gilead, OH

#5 Feb 12, 2011
I used to live in Grandview Heights and often smelled a weird smell. I used to just wonder what my neighbors were doing in their basement. Now I wonder if it could have been gas underground...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sup Jul '14 tatted up 1
wtf (Jan '14) Jan '14 shygyt 1
Oilman Oscar Wyatt Jr. hospitalized after stroke (Jan '09) Nov '13 Concerned 22
Third of El Pasoans get medical care in Ju rez (Nov '08) Mar '13 Jose Can You See ... 58
Work reunion: Ex-El Paso Natural Gas Co. employ... (Nov '10) Apr '12 Rose Baquera 12
Richard Kinder Irks White House, Kremlin and Wa... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Earl 2
girls that fun (Aug '11) Aug '11 Oscar 2
•••

El Paso People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••