Tax credit is expected to boost El Paso home sales

There are 6 comments on the El Paso Times story from Feb 13, 2009, titled Tax credit is expected to boost El Paso home sales. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

El Paso Realtors and home builders said an $8,000 federal tax credit for first-time homebuyers should help bring more buyers into the market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Gsans

El Paso, TX

#1 Feb 14, 2009
Home prices in EP are inflated. More inflation to come due to this stimulus...realtors want it!
jas28

El Paso, TX

#2 Feb 14, 2009
For those of us who come from other parts of the country, home prices are anything but inflated. In EP they are a good deal.
Chayote

United States

#3 Feb 14, 2009
well now, I'm happy for them but what are we going to do about the lack of water that enforces Elpasoans to restrict their watering the gardens, etc? Here again, there is something wrong!
west sider

El Paso, TX

#4 Feb 14, 2009
Chayote wrote:
well now, I'm happy for them but what are we going to do about the lack of water that enforces Elpasoans to restrict their watering the gardens, etc? Here again, there is something wrong!
We are going to have very small gardens or none at all. Accept it or move out of the desert.
Gunslinger915

El Paso, TX

#5 Feb 14, 2009
Lets see. The local-"Predictors" say that home sales are going up. Does that account for the drastic increase in foreclosures?? The "figures" on the housing market in El Paso, are a scam created by Builders, land speculators, City Government and Central Appraisal. While it's true houses are being built as fast as they can throw them together all over El Paso, it's also true that THOUSANDS of them remain unsold. You can see entire additions, streets with new houses grown up in weeds. Houses partially built, then left unfinished. So somebody, anybody, exactly what is the housing market scam in El Paso??????
jon

Hot Springs National Park, AR

#6 Feb 15, 2009
they need to change the first time home buyer dates to be affective for the whole tax year of 08 many people that i have stumbled across bought a home between jan 08 and mar 08 which will not receive this credit and we are upset

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sup (Jul '14) Jul '14 tatted up 1
wtf (Jan '14) Jan '14 shygyt 1
News Oilman Oscar Wyatt Jr. hospitalized after stroke (Jan '09) Nov '13 Concerned 22
News Third of El Pasoans get medical care in Ju rez (Nov '08) Mar '13 Jose Can You See ... 58
News Work reunion: Ex-El Paso Natural Gas Co. employ... (Nov '10) Apr '12 Rose Baquera 12
News Richard Kinder Irks White House, Kremlin and Wa... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Earl 2
girls that fun (Aug '11) Aug '11 Oscar 2
More from around the web