El Paso to get Hurricane Gustav evacuees

El Paso to get Hurricane Gustav evacuees

There are 28 comments on the El Paso Times story from Aug 29, 2008, titled El Paso to get Hurricane Gustav evacuees. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Evacuees fleeing Hurricane Gustav are expected to begin arriving in El Paso this weekend as local emergency management officials make plans for possibly the largest number of evacuees to come to the city since ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gaser

Brownsville, TX

#22 Aug 31, 2008
I guess the dumb blacks didn't learn their lessons from Katrina. God is mad at them for some reason , Guess all the stealing and drug use. The bad thing is once they get all the free stuff they are not going to want to leave like in the slave days.
True Face of El Paso

El Paso, TX

#23 Aug 31, 2008
I am a black student in El Paso.What i want to say is even though the people of El Paso is well mannered and discipled,highest %age of the people is still living in stone age in regard to race.COM E ON WAKE UP EL PASO.
see people's individuality rather then their skin color.
AMF

El Paso, TX

#24 Aug 31, 2008
True Face of El Paso wrote:
I am a black student in El Paso.What i want to say is even though the people of El Paso is well mannered and discipled,highest %age of the people is still living in stone age in regard to race.COM E ON WAKE UP EL PASO.
I agree - and I am apologizing for everyone who has placed a racist comment here. This is a small planet and we have to stick together. We have to help where we can. We ALL have to learn that there is only one race: the human one!
Don Fowler - - is a HATER

El Paso, TX

#25 Aug 31, 2008
On a plane from Denver to Charlotte, NC following the Democrats' convention, former National Chairman of the Democratic National Committee Don Fowler, and Congressman John Spratt of South Carolina; Laughing, stating that it is funny that New Orleans will get hit by Hurricane Gustav.

‘That's funny because it is due to hit when the convention starts’; “Isn't that cool ?” ; he asks.

View it on You Tube:

Black Panther

AOL

#26 Aug 31, 2008
Gaser wrote:
I guess the dumb blacks didn't learn their lessons from Katrina. God is mad at them for some reason , Guess all the stealing and drug use. The bad thing is once they get all the free stuff they are not going to want to leave like in the slave days.
Hell I better leave El Paso ASAP, because he has to have something worse than a hurricane for this place!
Black Panther

AOL

#27 Aug 31, 2008
Son you must only know about three people in this town, becasue I don't know where you got the well mannered from! People in this town won't even say thank you when you open or hold a door for them. And if they do, they are not from here. Hell even the racist white person would say thank you! This is the honest truth. I could go on with other examples. It would be different if it was just afew people, but this happens daily with me. And my wife gets mad at me because I open or hold a door for someone. I'm learning now. I will just let it, being the door, slam in your face. People in this town don't deserve respect. El Paso you made me this way!
Gaser

Brownsville, TX

#28 Aug 31, 2008
Black Panther wrote:
<quoted text>
Son you must only know about three people in this town, becasue I don't know where you got the well mannered from! People in this town won't even say thank you when you open or hold a door for them. And if they do, they are not from here. Hell even the racist white person would say thank you! This is the honest truth. I could go on with other examples. It would be different if it was just afew people, but this happens daily with me. And my wife gets mad at me because I open or hold a door for someone. I'm learning now. I will just let it, being the door, slam in your face. People in this town don't deserve respect. El Paso you made me this way!
Shut up you stupid Door Man , and we didn't make you your slave master made you. Yeah you better leave before God aims at you and innocent people might get hurt because of you.
bella

El Paso, TX

#30 Sep 3, 2008
Black Panther wrote:
<quoted text>
im sorry u have to run into the bad mannered people. Im hispanic, n i can tell u that not everyone in el paso is like that. im not. I will open a door for anyone, if they dont say thank u, who cares, shows their mama didnt teach them right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sup (Jul '14) Jul '14 tatted up 1
wtf (Jan '14) Jan '14 shygyt 1
News Oilman Oscar Wyatt Jr. hospitalized after stroke (Jan '09) Nov '13 Concerned 22
News Third of El Pasoans get medical care in Ju rez (Nov '08) Mar '13 Jose Can You See ... 58
News Work reunion: Ex-El Paso Natural Gas Co. employ... (Nov '10) Apr '12 Rose Baquera 12
News Richard Kinder Irks White House, Kremlin and Wa... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Earl 2
girls that fun (Aug '11) Aug '11 Oscar 2
More from around the web