El Paso to get Hurricane Gustav evacuees

El Paso to get Hurricane Gustav evacuees

There are 28 comments on the El Paso Times story from Aug 29, 2008, titled El Paso to get Hurricane Gustav evacuees. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Evacuees fleeing Hurricane Gustav are expected to begin arriving in El Paso this weekend as local emergency management officials make plans for possibly the largest number of evacuees to come to the city since ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Eric

San Antonio, TX

#1 Aug 30, 2008
Great! More crime!
Joe

United States

#2 Aug 30, 2008
Tell them if they act up, they'll be sent over to Juarez.
Got My Attention

Irving, TX

#3 Aug 30, 2008
Sorry El Paso, the crime rate in the DFW area went way up in the area's the Katrina evacuee's settled in. One of the DISD HS even had riot police called in because of fights between the Katrina victims, not the other students, but among the NO kids. Like they brought their little turf wars to Dallas & continued the battle's here.
Gaser

Brownsville, TX

#4 Aug 30, 2008
Oh Great more Forginers. Hope they can speak spanish or we don't want them.
U-turn

El Paso, TX

#5 Aug 30, 2008
Send them to Houston! Houston has grown accustomed to dealing with hurricane refugees and the crime they bring.
Anon

El Paso, TX

#6 Aug 30, 2008
I can't believe how heartless and inconsiderate some people are. Lets just hope none of you ever have to experience being evacuated from your homes. Needless to say wherever you are sent to, you'll be opened with welcoming arms.
Gustav

United States

#7 Aug 30, 2008
Can't El Paso get the non-Black evacuees? Everywhere Blacks go.....crime follows. Although the African Blacks are somewhat cool.
Gustav

United States

#8 Aug 30, 2008
"I can't believe how heartless and inconsiderate some people are."

We just dont want a 12 percent minority that commits 50percent of crimes. Being heartless would be how blacks kill eachother like animals.(over stupid things like shoes)
spazz

United States

#10 Aug 30, 2008
Anon wrote:
I can't believe how heartless and inconsiderate some people are. Lets just hope none of you ever have to experience being evacuated from your homes. Needless to say wherever you are sent to, you'll be opened with welcoming arms.
Needless to say we're not going to murder and rape and riot when we are taken in.

Don't you think it's very inconsiderate to accept the charity of others and then be a nuisance?
Black Panther

AOL

#11 Aug 30, 2008
Gustav wrote:
Can't El Paso get the non-Black evacuees? Everywhere Blacks go.....crime follows. Although the African Blacks are somewhat cool.
I guess they will defisntly fit in El Paso/Juraez!
Black Panther

AOL

#12 Aug 30, 2008
U-turn wrote:
Send them to Houston! Houston has grown accustomed to dealing with hurricane refugees and the crime they bring.
We don't refugees in America, thank you!
Black Panther

AOL

#13 Aug 30, 2008
Gustav wrote:
"I can't believe how heartless and inconsiderate some people are."
We just dont want a 12 percent minority that commits 50percent of crimes. Being heartless would be how blacks kill eachother like animals.(over stupid things like shoes)
Whites commit more murders than any race. All over greed!
Back 2 New Orleans

El Paso, TX

#14 Aug 30, 2008
Gaser wrote:
We don't want any Ebonics speaking welfare trash ---

>>>>>>> >. GO HOME !!!!!!!!
Black Panther

AOL

#15 Aug 30, 2008
Back 2 New Orleans wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you don't want 80% of El Paso then! This town is full of trashy people, low life, and uneducated people! I hope your house floods!
Don Fowler is Primative

El Paso, TX

#16 Aug 30, 2008
Gaser wrote:
On a plane from Denver to Charlotte following the Democrats' convention, former National Chairman of the Democratic National Committee Don Fowler, and Congressman John Spratt of South Carolina ; Laughing, stateing that it is funny That New Orleans will get a hurricane. That's funny because it is due to hit when the convention starts. Isn't that cool? ; he asks.

View it on You Tube:

Black Panther

AOL

#17 Aug 30, 2008
Back 2 New Orleans wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell, if they were to tell me that I was heading to El Piso, I would refuse to go. I would rather face the hurricane!
Gaser

Brownsville, TX

#18 Aug 30, 2008
Woman takes black man to bedroom. " well show me if its true what the say about black men" So he Slapped her and stole her purse.
El Paul

Newcastle, CA

#19 Aug 30, 2008
Let's show them some hospitality and take them to Chico's Tacos and Foxy's.

“used to be elpasotxrox98... .”

Since: Apr 08

El Paso

#20 Aug 30, 2008
God bless the people of Louisiana & far east Texas. Especially New Orleans, Houston/Galveston, Biloxi, Mobil, & Beaumont.
Black Panther

AOL

#21 Aug 31, 2008
elp guy wrote:
God bless the people of Louisiana & far east Texas. Especially New Orleans, Houston/Galveston, Biloxi, Mobil, & Beaumont.
Spoken like a true articulate American, not like the racist Hitler types!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sup (Jul '14) Jul '14 tatted up 1
wtf (Jan '14) Jan '14 shygyt 1
News Oilman Oscar Wyatt Jr. hospitalized after stroke (Jan '09) Nov '13 Concerned 22
News Third of El Pasoans get medical care in Ju rez (Nov '08) Mar '13 Jose Can You See ... 58
News Work reunion: Ex-El Paso Natural Gas Co. employ... (Nov '10) Apr '12 Rose Baquera 12
News Richard Kinder Irks White House, Kremlin and Wa... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Earl 2
girls that fun (Aug '11) Aug '11 Oscar 2
More from around the web