1st New Year's baby 2 days late

1st New Year's baby 2 days late

There are 16 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jan 2, 2009, titled 1st New Year's baby 2 days late. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

As Daniel and Priscilla Carrillo cradled a baby girl in their arms Thursday, the couple no longer worried about the financial strains of the past year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Yaa

El Paso, TX

#1 Jan 2, 2009
The baby isn't going to grow up with a big giant mole on her chin,is she? lol

Struggling financially and you want another kid? good lord. lol
James

Irving, TX

#2 Jan 2, 2009
Congrats to the family. Nice to see it's a family unit getting 1st baby of the New Year honors.

In Dallas at Parkland, this honor went to an 8th grader, who plans on taking the bundle of joy home to live w/her Mother & her 20yr old construction worker boyfriend.

At least El Paso got it right & didn't end up with an article that has over 180 comments (current count) screaming with outrage.
General Apple Pie

Rio Rancho, NM

#3 Jan 2, 2009
Yaa,

Is that all you people think of is money money? Children are a blessing. Back in the day, people had an average of 15 kids, weren't nowhere near financially as we are and they were able to provide for their families one way or the other. Nowadays people like you treat kids as items. Why are kids about money in your opinion? Oh I know the answer, you'd rather put having kids aside, to be able to afford his/hers SUV's for you and your husband, along with your plasma TV's and Iphones right? LOL!
Reader

El Paso, TX

#4 Jan 2, 2009
Yaa wrote:
The baby isn't going to grow up with a big giant mole on her chin,is she? lol
Struggling financially and you want another kid? good lord. lol
IT IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS.. SO GET OVER IT.. METICHE NI QUE LO FUERAAS A MANTENER TUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!
Child Bail Out

United States

#5 Jan 2, 2009
I don't think Yaa meant anything other than the fact that WE the tax payers are going to be the ones supporting those who can't afford to support their own kids. If you don't have a problem giving your money to them, you are a better woman than I am.
meo

El Paso, TX

#6 Jan 2, 2009
Congratulations Fiona and Shrek!
meo

El Paso, TX

#7 Jan 2, 2009
Let's hope the baby looks like the nurse.
Hola

El Paso, TX

#8 Jan 2, 2009
That's a beautiful baby. The perents? Not so much...
Hola

El Paso, TX

#9 Jan 2, 2009
*parents
Amazed

United States

#10 Jan 2, 2009
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Who cares what the parents look like! All of you who have commented on the physical features of the parents should be ashamed of yourselves.

I think we should be more concerned with how the parents will raise their children. Hopefully, they won't be tossing the child out of car window in the next few years.
Schrecklich

United States

#11 Jan 2, 2009
meo wrote:
Congratulations Fiona and Shrek!
He he he he
Hola

El Paso, TX

#12 Jan 2, 2009
Looking at these two makes the saying "There's a troll for every soul" quite true.
no name

El Paso, TX

#13 Jan 2, 2009
they used to give out a crib to the first new year baby..this was back in the 80s//
meo

El Paso, TX

#14 Jan 2, 2009
Amazed wrote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Who cares what the parents look like! All of you who have commented on the physical features of the parents should be ashamed of yourselves.
I think we should be more concerned with how the parents will raise their children. Hopefully, they won't be tossing the child out of car window in the next few years.
The beholder is one blind bastard then...One other point, since they are struggling financially, I'm glad they want more kids. I'm glad my tax dollars are hard at work. Last point, after the kid sees what her parents look like, she might jump from the car.
dimeadozen

Brownsville, TX

#15 Jan 2, 2009
General Apple Pie wrote:
Yaa,
Is that all you people think of is money money? Children are a blessing. Back in the day, people had an average of 15 kids, weren't nowhere near financially as we are and they were able to provide for their families one way or the other. Nowadays people like you treat kids as items. Why are kids about money in your opinion? Oh I know the answer, you'd rather put having kids aside, to be able to afford his/hers SUV's for you and your husband, along with your plasma TV's and Iphones right? LOL!
Those were the days, weren't they? However, most people now procreate and expect the government to pay the way. It's a burden on taxpayers. Children are a blessing, but an even bigger blessing would be for parents to know when to stop.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#16 Jan 2, 2009
Anchors Aweigh, my boys
Anchors Aweigh
Farewell to college joys
We sail at break of day, day, day, day
Through our last night ashore
Drink to the foam
Until we meet once more
Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sup (Jul '14) Jul '14 tatted up 1
wtf (Jan '14) Jan '14 shygyt 1
News Oilman Oscar Wyatt Jr. hospitalized after stroke (Jan '09) Nov '13 Concerned 22
News Third of El Pasoans get medical care in Ju rez (Nov '08) Mar '13 Jose Can You See ... 58
News Work reunion: Ex-El Paso Natural Gas Co. employ... (Nov '10) Apr '12 Rose Baquera 12
News Richard Kinder Irks White House, Kremlin and Wa... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Earl 2
girls that fun (Aug '11) Aug '11 Oscar 2
More from around the web