'I voted' sticker hot item

'I voted' sticker hot item

There are 25 comments on the El Paso Times story from Oct 29, 2008, titled 'I voted' sticker hot item. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Forget talking Obama dolls or McCain bobble heads. One of the hottest pieces of memorabilia to come out of this election is a free, little piece of paper.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chuco Town Hustler

Atlanta, GA

#1 Oct 30, 2008
Election 2008: socialist (obama) vs. socialist (mccain), who will win?
EX Democrat

Brownsville, TX

#2 Oct 30, 2008
Last night I heard Bill Clinton speak and it brought tears to my eyes, but this morning after hearing Sara Palin speaks. I really feel I could sit down with Sara and have a conversation with her. Sara is like an average American. I hope alot of you will reconsider you vote and lets put one us regular Americans in the White House.
Chuco Town Hustler

Atlanta, GA

#3 Oct 30, 2008
EX Democrat wrote:
Last night I heard Bill Clinton speak and it brought tears to my eyes, but this morning after hearing Sara Palin speaks. I really feel I could sit down with Sara and have a conversation with her. Sara is like an average American. I hope alot of you will reconsider you vote and lets put one us regular Americans in the White House.
That's exactly what we need. I personally know a bunch of "regular" Americans that would be a good president. Palin 2012!
Helen

Lázaro Cárdenas, Mexico

#4 Oct 30, 2008
I don't want to vote only because I will be called for Jury duty later. I took my 19 year old daughter to vote for the first time because she wanted to vote for Hilary Clinton only to find that she now has a warrant for her arrest for not showing up for Jury duty. She never received her notice in the mail and had relocated twice in one year. She was still a student and lived in her dorm when she registered. She is now discourged of voting and is trying to take care of her problem with the court house.
Chuco Town Hustler

Atlanta, GA

#5 Oct 30, 2008
Helen wrote:
I don't want to vote only because I will be called for Jury duty later. I took my 19 year old daughter to vote for the first time because she wanted to vote for Hilary Clinton only to find that she now has a warrant for her arrest for not showing up for Jury duty. She never received her notice in the mail and had relocated twice in one year. She was still a student and lived in her dorm when she registered. She is now discourged of voting and is trying to take care of her problem with the court house.
Thank you, we don't need your vote. When people vote like you, we get the last 8 years.
Gunslinger915

El Paso, TX

#6 Oct 30, 2008
EX Democrat wrote:
Last night I heard Bill Clinton speak and it brought tears to my eyes, but this morning after hearing Sara Palin speaks. I really feel I could sit down with Sara and have a conversation with her. Sara is like an average American. I hope alot of you will reconsider you vote and lets put one us regular Americans in the White House.
You have just said exactly what MILLIONS of voters are thinking, HOPEFULLY.I did't see the "show" last night, because Im tired of hearing Obama talk. I can go down to my local used car lot and hear a "salesman" with the same spill. "Tell you what Im gona do today and today only, I promise....I Promise...CH, CH,CH....CHANGE". I am neither Republican or Democrat. I simply try to vote for the person I think is best to run our country for "We the People". Sarah Palin understands. She says things like "if you HIRE us".I voted for Hilliary Clinton in the Primary, just hoping she would pull out the nomination ahead of Obama. It didn't happen, her party sold her out. Why, is anybody's guess. Obama is a "used car salesman". If he can't sell you on one deal, he will come up with another and another, til you buy whatever he is selling. He has NO clue that MOST Americans do not make even $75,000 a year, let alone "$250,000". Hopefully, the people from Dallas, Detroit, San Francisco, New York, Butte, Muleshoe, Boston, Columbia and everywhere in between, will see this. It is our only hope. WE can't mess this up.
newsdog

United States

#7 Oct 30, 2008
EX Democrat wrote:
Last night I heard Bill Clinton speak and it brought tears to my eyes, but this morning after hearing Sara Palin speaks. I really feel I could sit down with Sara and have a conversation with her. Sara is like an average American. I hope alot of you will reconsider you vote and lets put one us regular Americans in the White House.
If you're for real, I agree with you and thank you for your common sense.
Chuco Town Hustler

Atlanta, GA

#8 Oct 30, 2008
Gunslinger915 wrote:
<quoted text> You have just said exactly what MILLIONS of voters are thinking, HOPEFULLY.I did't see the "show" last night, because Im tired of hearing Obama talk. I can go down to my local used car lot and hear a "salesman" with the same spill. "Tell you what Im gona do today and today only, I promise....I Promise...CH, CH,CH....CHANGE". I am neither Republican or Democrat. I simply try to vote for the person I think is best to run our country for "We the People". Sarah Palin understands. She says things like "if you HIRE us".I voted for Hilliary Clinton in the Primary, just hoping she would pull out the nomination ahead of Obama. It didn't happen, her party sold her out. Why, is anybody's guess. Obama is a "used car salesman". If he can't sell you on one deal, he will come up with another and another, til you buy whatever he is selling. He has NO clue that MOST Americans do not make even $75,000 a year, let alone "$250,000". Hopefully, the people from Dallas, Detroit, San Francisco, New York, Butte, Muleshoe, Boston, Columbia and everywhere in between, will see this. It is our only hope. WE can't mess this up.
I am neither a R or D also, but are you kidding about Palin? I will listen to any argument for McCain or Obama, but once someone mentions Palin as a plus I immediately question the intelligence of that person.
Gunslinger915

El Paso, TX

#9 Oct 30, 2008
Chuco Town Hustler wrote:
<quoted text>
I am neither a R or D also, but are you kidding about Palin? I will listen to any argument for McCain or Obama, but once someone mentions Palin as a plus I immediately question the intelligence of that person.
And of course, you are entitled to your opinion. Im just saying that Palin doesn't get her words mixed up, have to look at "idiot cards" again and again, like Biden for example. This to me, means that she knows and believes in what she is telling US. She doesn't have to make up, improvise. Sarah Plain talks and acts like a "real person". It's not all made up as a politician. The "yep's, no siree" all the rest is her. Kennedy, Reagan were the good ones and we haven't seen to many others. Sarah Palin cuts across the "lines of America". She understand who "WE" are. She is "WE THE PEOPLE".
Chuco Town Hustler

Atlanta, GA

#10 Oct 30, 2008
Gunslinger915 wrote:
<quoted text> And of course, you are entitled to your opinion. Im just saying that Palin doesn't get her words mixed up, have to look at "idiot cards" again and again, like Biden for example. This to me, means that she knows and believes in what she is telling US. She doesn't have to make up, improvise. Sarah Plain talks and acts like a "real person". It's not all made up as a politician. The "yep's, no siree" all the rest is her. Kennedy, Reagan were the good ones and we haven't seen to many others. Sarah Palin cuts across the "lines of America". She understand who "WE" are. She is "WE THE PEOPLE".
Are you serious? You think Palin doesn't get her words tied up? Did you watch the Couric Interview? She mumbled and hesitated because she didn't know how to answer her questions. Did you watch her in the debates? When she didn't know an issue she wouldn't answer the question she would go off on a prepared statement that had nothing to do the question.

We do not need a regular person running the country, we have had one the past 8 years and look what it has done to us. A requirement for the presidency should be intelligence and education. How does a degree in communication and being governor of Alaska make her prepared to take over the country? Mayor Cook is serving more people than Palin is.
Jimmy

Brownsville, TX

#11 Oct 30, 2008
Chuco Town Hustler wrote:
<quoted text>
I am neither a R or D also, but are you kidding about Palin? I will listen to any argument for McCain or Obama, but once someone mentions Palin as a plus I immediately question the intelligence of that person.
Glad to see that it is not just me that questions this persons intelligence.
Chuco Town Hustler

Atlanta, GA

#13 Oct 30, 2008
EP Voter wrote:
How retarded is this that they are luring people to vote with a 'cool' sticker. If stickers make you happy, then you must be a poor democrat (as most are). I can buy my own stickers, I am a republican.
Good thing your socialistic party is helping you out.
EPCynic

Glendale, AZ

#14 Oct 30, 2008
EP Voter wrote:
How retarded is this that they are luring people to vote with a 'cool' sticker. If stickers make you happy, then you must be a poor democrat (as most are). I can buy my own stickers, I am a republican.
It's not about the cool sticker, it is about being able to prove that you voted, and then feeling like your better than all those people without stickers.
Gunslinger915

El Paso, TX

#17 Oct 30, 2008
Chuco Town Hustler wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? You think Palin doesn't get her words tied up? Did you watch the Couric Interview? She mumbled and hesitated because she didn't know how to answer her questions. Did you watch her in the debates? When she didn't know an issue she wouldn't answer the question she would go off on a prepared statement that had nothing to do the question.
We do not need a regular person running the country, we have had one the past 8 years and look what it has done to us. A requirement for the presidency should be intelligence and education. How does a degree in communication and being governor of Alaska make her prepared to take over the country? Mayor Cook is serving more people than Palin is.
The Couric and the other interview were hatchet jobs. Hell no she didn't know the answers. She didn't know the questions either. So she was there stumbling around , trying to figure out what she was supposed to say, what they wanted her to say. Basically was "bait and fish". A little something like "do you still beat your wife every saturday night", do you still hang out with hookers". Not sure why they even let her do those interviews. Just a set-up by another faction of the pro-Obama media. And of course, it appears the media will get him elected, but then it's "WE the People" who will have to survive his election. Oh and John Cook couldn't lead a horse to a whole lake full of water, but then maybe thats "leadership" to democrats.
KAC

El Paso, TX

#18 Oct 30, 2008
Gunslinger915 wrote:
<quoted text> The Couric and the other interview were hatchet jobs. Hell no she didn't know the answers. She didn't know the questions either. So she was there stumbling around , trying to figure out what she was supposed to say, what they wanted her to say. Basically was "bait and fish". A little something like "do you still beat your wife every saturday night", do you still hang out with hookers". Not sure why they even let her do those interviews. Just a set-up by another faction of the pro-Obama media. And of course, it appears the media will get him elected, but then it's "WE the People" who will have to survive his election. Oh and John Cook couldn't lead a horse to a whole lake full of water, but then maybe thats "leadership" to democrats.
Hitler was a good "leader"....and had a lot of charisma... look at what happened.... I can't wait for Obama to side with the Muslim Movement.... <-- that's sarcasm.
Chuco Town Hustler

United States

#19 Oct 30, 2008
EP Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even know what socialism is???
Yes I do. McCain voted for the bailout, socialist. McCain wants to help people with their bad mortgages, socialist. McCain voted for the Patriot Act, socialist.

Other republican socialistic agendas:
- No child left behind act
- Teaching creationism in public schools
- Drug laws
- More government spending over the last 8 years

Republicans are socialist also, they do not believe in capitalism. If you believe in true capitalism, become a libertarian.
Chuco Town Hustler

United States

#20 Oct 30, 2008
Gunslinger915 wrote:
<quoted text> The Couric and the other interview were hatchet jobs. Hell no she didn't know the answers. She didn't know the questions either. So she was there stumbling around , trying to figure out what she was supposed to say, what they wanted her to say. Basically was "bait and fish". A little something like "do you still beat your wife every saturday night", do you still hang out with hookers". Not sure why they even let her do those interviews. Just a set-up by another faction of the pro-Obama media. And of course, it appears the media will get him elected, but then it's "WE the People" who will have to survive his election. Oh and John Cook couldn't lead a horse to a whole lake full of water, but then maybe thats "leadership" to democrats.
Let me put it this way, THE COURIC INTERVIEW WAS PALIN'S FAULT. If she wants to play hard ball with the big boys she needs to accept everything that comes with it. SHE IS STUPID, THAT'S WHY SHE COULDN'T ANSWER THE QUESTIONS. Do you think Obama and McCain know the questions they are going to be asked? They have never sounded as stupid as Palin did. No excuse for that.
nono

Austin, TX

#21 Oct 30, 2008
Helen wrote:
I don't want to vote only because I will be called for Jury duty later. I took my 19 year old daughter to vote for the first time because she wanted to vote for Hilary Clinton only to find that she now has a warrant for her arrest for not showing up for Jury duty. She never received her notice in the mail and had relocated twice in one year. She was still a student and lived in her dorm when she registered. She is now discourged of voting and is trying to take care of her problem with the court house.
I don't want to take any chance that I'll be called so I didn't vote....Voting should not be tied to jury duty
Gunslinger915

El Paso, TX

#22 Oct 30, 2008
Chuco Town Hustler wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me put it this way, THE COURIC INTERVIEW WAS PALIN'S FAULT. If she wants to play hard ball with the big boys she needs to accept everything that comes with it. SHE IS STUPID, THAT'S WHY SHE COULDN'T ANSWER THE QUESTIONS. Do you think Obama and McCain know the questions they are going to be asked? They have never sounded as stupid as Palin did. No excuse for that.
I think Obama could talk ALL day and never answer a question. Thats about all he does is talk, because that way, he's talking, don't have to answer too many questions. The guy is nothing more than a "used car salesman". He will sell you anything as long as you stand there listening. But the moment he thinks that you, everybody else is not buying what he's selling, then he is going to sell you something else. "Im going to spend 800 BILLION $$$$$$$$ to help the people. NOBODY who makes less than 250,000, 150,000 or (is it now a)100,000$$$$$$$$ will see a dime of tax increases. The elderly, people over 50 will not pay ANY taxes. EVERY child in America will go to college at GOVERNMENT expense. EVERBODY will get Government medical care, just like Congressman get. WE are going to increase the size of the military. We are taking all the troops out of Iraq. WE will provide more and better care for our Veterans." And on and on. I wonder if anybody besides me, just might think he's got a couple promises and several TRILLION $$$$$$ too many in his promises????. Anybody that REALLY believes he can do all this with a LOT of people NOT paying taxes, a LOT of tax increases on all the rest of "WE The People".?? If you believe all this crap, please step outside. I have some beautiful ocean front properties in Tucson , Arizona, will let you have them to day for ONLY half of what I usually sell them for. NO checks or credit cards. CASH ONLY
United Music Festival

Orange Park, FL

#23 Oct 30, 2008
... THE BIGGEST WILD WEST SHOE TEXAS HAS EVER SEEN LOAD UP THE KIDS GRANDMA, GRANDPA & DONT FORGET THE BABYS TELL YOUR FRIEND! DONT MISS THIS REALLY BIG SHOW!YALL COME NOW YOU HEAR!www.worldunitedmusicfesti val.com support www.rollforrock.com the home of The Allen Collins Band. and www.myspace.com/billydrifterfriends
United Music Festival
Join the community
Category: Music
Website: http://www.worldunitedmusicfestival.com/
The World United Music Festival, presented by the the Roots Music Association (RMA), in conjunction with the United States Entertainment Force (USEF) will be staged in beautiful San Marcos, Texas, located between Austin and San Antonio. With over 150 showcasing performances, not to mention headliners to end each night with a bang, San Marcos is an ideal place for a festival of this size and magnitude drawing on over 400,000 local college students and legions of live music enthusiasts along the I-35 corridor. This seven stage, three-day celebration of live music promises to be an historical event for musicians, industry heads as well as for the 100,000 festival attendees expected to attend. The Roots Music Association researched and selected the top independent musical acts from hundreds of entries from around the world to provide a venue for these performers to showcase their talent. These performances will include, but not be limited to, Country, Western, Blue Grass, Blues, Jazz, Roots Rock, Zydeco, Tejano/Latin, World, Reggae, Western Swing, Roots/Americana Country and Roots Gospel genres.

General Admission Pricing:

Early Ticket Purchase:
1 Day adult pass $35.00
1 Day child pass (12 & under)$7.00
Weekend adult pass (All 3 days)$70.00
Weekend child pass (12 & under)$21.00
On-site Ticket Purchase:
1 Day adult pass $40.00
1 Day child pass (12 & under)$10.00
Weekend adult pass (All 3 days)$80.00
Weekend child pass (12 & under)$25.00
Parking Passes:
General parking $5.00 per day
Preferred parking $20.00 per day
On-site Camping Passes:
3 night camping $60.00 per camp site
Limit 2 vehicles, and 4 people per site.
Purchase Now!
Conference Registration Pricing:
Conference passes include admission to conference, festival, and industry only areas. Parking is free at the conference, shuttles will be provided to shuttle conference attendees to the festival area

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sup (Jul '14) Jul '14 tatted up 1
wtf (Jan '14) Jan '14 shygyt 1
News Oilman Oscar Wyatt Jr. hospitalized after stroke (Jan '09) Nov '13 Concerned 22
News Third of El Pasoans get medical care in Ju rez (Nov '08) Mar '13 Jose Can You See ... 58
News Work reunion: Ex-El Paso Natural Gas Co. employ... (Nov '10) Apr '12 Rose Baquera 12
News Richard Kinder Irks White House, Kremlin and Wa... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Earl 2
girls that fun (Aug '11) Aug '11 Oscar 2
More from around the web