Donations flood into food bank run by 'Extreme Makeover' family

Full story: El Paso Times

Work progresses around the clock on the new Ruiz family home at 813 Los Lagos. This photo was taken Friday morning.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
ex el pasoan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

see!.. pick the right person and the right things happen.

This is why Maria was chosen. I've been saying all along... she gives the most, not needs the most. Her efforts are compounded by others just because it was her.

Now this is a story.:)

All you haters... go away..your not needed on this story.

WAY TO GO MARIA!
ex el pasoan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

perfectly put..

"The Ruiz family was nominated to receive the home because of their efforts to feed, clothe and shelter needy families in Juárez. Maria Ruiz was named a Top 10 CNN Hero late last year."

Key words. "NOMINATED" and "EFFORTS" toped with "HERO" to lots and lots of kids regardless of what side of the border they were conceived.
Jimmy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

I'll be making a trip over there tomorrow morning with my donation. I have a lot of clothes I don't wear any anymore and I have food in my pantry that I can gladly share. What a great worthy cause!
NFL Fan

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

The Cardinals are gonn so win the Super Bowl
El Chez - East Los

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

El Paso you either have a pair of Angles or Bobby and Tammy Fay soaking you blind. Time will tell.
SparksSunlandAgu aDulce

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

I still believe one of the other finalists should have been chosen. Someone in Sparks, Sunland, Agua Dulce or San Eli. Maria lived in a 2 story home...this is ridiculous!!!
sparks native

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

SparksSunlandAguaDulce person.. you are right! A sparks family should've been chosen since so many families in this area dont have clothes/food & even proper utilities.. I'm tired of seeing trailers moved into empty lots w/ no water, gas.. electric cords being shared from 1 trailer to another & a fence made out of car hoods!!
Ty Pennington come give this whole barrio a make-over... we really need it!!

P.S.- Also send the guy from Animal Planet to neuter all the dogs!!
BigBrutha

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

sparks native wrote:
SparksSunlandAguaDulce person.. you are right! A sparks family should've been chosen since so many families in this area dont have clothes/food & even proper utilities.. I'm tired of seeing trailers moved into empty lots w/ no water, gas.. electric cords being shared from 1 trailer to another & a fence made out of car hoods!!
Ty Pennington come give this whole barrio a make-over... we really need it!!
P.S.- Also send the guy from Animal Planet to neuter all the dogs!!
Hey, since your the only one in Sparks to have a computer maybe next time you can nominate one of your neighbors.
In the mean time be happy for one of our own El Pasoans that has done more for others than even her own family.
This is what we all should do ........take care of each other. Instead of always being negative when good things come to those that deserve them.
Again GOD BLESS the Ruiz family and continue doing what you do.
what do i know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

El Chez - East Los wrote:
El Paso you either have a pair of Angles or Bobby and Tammy Fay soaking you blind. Time will tell.
Would those be right Angles or acute angles?
Made my day brighter

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

what do i know wrote:
<quoted text>Would those be right Angles or acute angles?
Ha! I had a good laugh when I read this. Good show, what do i know. Good show.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent El Paso Discussions

Search the El Paso Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
wtf Jan '14 shygyt 1
Oilman Oscar Wyatt Jr. hospitalized after stroke (Jan '09) Nov '13 Concerned 22
Third of El Pasoans get medical care in Ju rez (Nov '08) Mar '13 Jose Can You See By The D 58
Work reunion: Ex-El Paso Natural Gas Co. employ... (Nov '10) Apr '12 Rose Baquera 12
Richard Kinder Irks White House, Kremlin and Wa... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Earl 2
girls that fun (Aug '11) Aug '11 Oscar 2
will gas increase (Jun '11) Jun '11 tax price 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••