Northern Gateway pipeline poses unacc...

Northern Gateway pipeline poses unacceptable risk to B.C.: environmental groups

There are 2 comments on the The Winnipeg Free Press story from Nov 29, 2011, titled Northern Gateway pipeline poses unacceptable risk to B.C.: environmental groups. In it, The Winnipeg Free Press reports that:

Environmentalists are ramping up their assault on the controversial Northern Gateway pipeline, arguing the $5.5-billion Enbridge project poses an unacceptable risk to British Columbia's mountain rivers and pristine coastline.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Winnipeg Free Press.

Rockyviewcda

Wichita, KS

#1 Dec 1, 2011
It never ceases to amaze me how a small group can stop the bigger good for a country. Whether it is the Northern Gateway or XL the fact that existing pipelines cross the country with very few breaks and those that do break are contained well with massive resourcees brought to bear to clean it up. I wonder what lobby is funding this group and where they are getting their money from?
James

Winfield, Canada

#2 Feb 1, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Enbridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News An open or shut case (Dec '15) Dec '15 Beverly Hillbillies 1
News Gas prices not yet affected by Alta. flooding, ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 home of global wa... 1
News Premiers Pauline Marois and David Alward meet t... (Feb '13) Feb '13 just thinking 1
News Canada's cred on climate change won't need much... (Feb '13) Feb '13 SpaceBlues 1
News City of Burlington in Vermont gearing up to fig... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Whisgean Zoda 4
News Cost of worst-case tanker spill outweighs rewar... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lamont 1
News Enbridge: Line is secure (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lamont 1
More from around the web