B.C. natives vow to block plan to bui...

B.C. natives vow to block plan to build oil pipeline and tanker port

There are 3 comments on the Free Press story from May 27, 2010, titled B.C. natives vow to block plan to build oil pipeline and tanker port. In it, Free Press reports that:

A First Nations leader is sending a stern warning to a Calgary company over its plan to build an oil pipeline to a tanker port on the B.C. coast.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Press.

Pablo from Sundre

Stettler, Canada

#1 May 28, 2010
Of course,there in Lotus Land,protesting is a way of life.Likely funded and compensated for thier opposition.Or maybe that's what they're after,compensation for Canadians using crown land to benefit Canada.Could it be,they believe it's all their land and want tonns 'o' money for the project.It's all good as long as we get paid??
Frank

Phoenix, AZ

#2 May 28, 2010
You need to go back school & learn history before you post a very stup**id opinion. Wow! & I thought Canadians are smart people. I didn't know that Canadians & many Americans are controlled & miss led by right & left wing journalist.
Pablo from Sundre

Banff, Canada

#3 May 31, 2010
Frank wrote:
You need to go back school & learn history before you post a very stup**id opinion. Wow! & I thought Canadians are smart people. I didn't know that Canadians & many Americans are controlled & miss led by right & left wing journalist.
Really,i need to go back to school??history??please explain.controlled is a relitive term,it's not hipnosis,but definately,power of persuation.I will,say however,that if not all,at least most peoples opinion on "newsworthy" incidents are based on media reports.Of course we're all informed(lied to) by journalists,and all are biased in one way or another.Call it human nature,but if you're alive,you have a bias.Some are more honest about it than others.

If you don't think that BC is a head office for protestors,you're mistaken.And it seems that as soon as BIG money get's thrown in their direction,things simmer down.I listened to the Natives spokesperson,and he claims that they want a piece of the pie before any new construction begins in Northern BC,from the horses mouth.

And for you to call me a stupid Canadian,because you don't belive you're controlled by the media,is laughable.America is the King of propoganda,in the name of Media Rights and Freedom of Speech.If you don't think so,then why do they advertise,and you run out to consume??

By the way,how's you're Mexican problem working out??And i know some really stupid Americans too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Enbridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News An open or shut case (Dec '15) Dec '15 Beverly Hillbillies 1
News Gas prices not yet affected by Alta. flooding, ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 home of global wa... 1
News Premiers Pauline Marois and David Alward meet t... (Feb '13) Feb '13 just thinking 1
News Canada's cred on climate change won't need much... (Feb '13) Feb '13 SpaceBlues 1
News City of Burlington in Vermont gearing up to fig... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Whisgean Zoda 4
News Cost of worst-case tanker spill outweighs rewar... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lamont 1
News Enbridge: Line is secure (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lamont 1
More from around the web