Ex-players want piece of NCAA

Ex-players want piece of NCAA

There are 1 comment on the Monterey County Herald story from Sep 21, 2010, titled Ex-players want piece of NCAA. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

Basketball star Ed O'Bannon and quarterback Sam Keller each earned most valuable player awards during their collegiate careers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

david matthews

Dearborn, MI

#1 Sep 23, 2010
I can understand the thinking behind this. I just cannot agree with it. The student athletes are there as students 1st. If they are then paid to play why would they even go to class. This sends a bad message to our youth that sports are more important than an education. I am sorry ed o'bannon did not have a great carreer after college. But the degree he received has probably helped in his life financially. If he was paid to play, can he say he would have finished his degree that allows him a good life? This is just a very bad idea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Electronic Arts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Sims 2 Apartment Life Expansion Pack for PC... (Oct '08) Feb '14 dorkfish10 64
Petition to force a DLC for MOH 2010, (Apr '11) Apr '11 watcher 1
News Medal of Honor Soars Despite Mixed Reviews (Nov '10) Nov '10 watcher 1
News Call to Arms continues in Warhammer Online: Age... (May '09) Jan '10 Ana Vg 2
News 'Sims 3' sells 1.4 million in first week (Aug '09) Aug '09 BigFoot 1
News Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 1943... (Feb '09) Feb '09 zepplin 1
News Electronic Arts to make deeper cuts, consolidat... (Dec '08) Dec '08 layoffs will happen 1
More from around the web