Kodak Board Elects Douglas Edwards as Senior Vice President

Oct 26, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sys-Con Media

Eastman Kodak Company announced today that its Board of Directors has elected Douglas Edwards as a Senior Vice President of the company, effective immediately.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Nov 1, 2012
Bart

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Yet another great move by Perez and the Board. Deck chairs have been moved again on the Titanic. Sr VP of Digital Life boats for officer and high up crew.

Moving deck chairs on the Titanic again. Its sinking faster now as it burns up cash fast.
Kodak CEO Antonio Perez said, "Doug's election to this post is recognition of his leadership skills. Moreover, it is an indication of the confidence we have in him to lead one of the two major businesses around which we will build the future of Kodak."

We have no confidence in you Antonio or your leadership skills and for sure not Dougs. What future? Did we miss something? 2013 is the end.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2813606.sht...
George Eastland

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

How silly. But I guess Tony Perez really has things under control.
blackadder

Preston, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Bart wrote:
Yet another great move by Perez and the Board. Deck chairs have been moved again on the Titanic. Sr VP of Digital Life boats for officer and high up crew.

Moving deck chairs on the Titanic again. Its sinking faster now as it burns up cash fast.
Kodak CEO Antonio Perez said, "Doug's election to this post is recognition of his leadership skills. Moreover, it is an indication of the confidence we have in him to lead one of the two major businesses around which we will build the future of Kodak."

We have no confidence in you Antonio or your leadership skills and for sure not Dougs. What future? Did we miss something? 2013 is the end.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2813606.sht...
Congratulations to Doug, a worthy appointment with good packaging experience , but probably too late for Kodak , maybe he will lead the divestment of the Packaging Graphics business
blackadder

Preston, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Hurricane Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>The Commercial printing business is not making money. It does not matter who is in charge. Manroland's was not making and Heidelberg is not making money. Kodak is not making money in this business as well. Another Antonio Flop. Who wants this business???Who will purchase it?? The same people that purchased the 3 billion dollar patents???? Dream on!!!!!
You maybe correct about the Litho business but I have worked with Kodak in the FLEXO packaging business where there is still money to be made But Kodak management do not have suitable skills to take advantage of this market segment .....
Post Kodak

Makati, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

blackadder wrote:
<quoted text>
You maybe correct about the Litho business but I have worked with Kodak in the FLEXO packaging business where there is still money to be made But Kodak management do not have suitable skills to take advantage of this market segment .....
I couldn't agree more. Kodak may have excellent product in Flexo but people skills are not there. I handled this biz for a little more than a year and the support is just terrible. The organization is too lean to handle customer/distributor support and given the company's plan to cut more jobs, I don't see this addressing the problem. It will make things worse.
rudolf rednose

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Post Kodak wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't agree more. Kodak may have excellent product in Flexo but people skills are not there. I handled this biz for a little more than a year and the support is just terrible. The organization is too lean to handle customer/distributor support and given the company's plan to cut more jobs, I don't see this addressing the problem. It will make things worse.
your so right, the people have gone, look to kodak europe, just look at the commercial print segment, they had guys who knew all about fm printing, how to manage the press and colour, and they have all gone. They dont have anyone to do this today, the infrastructure is dead
Free Agent

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

A quote about the printing business from Business Week:
“The industry is shrinking structurally,” said Eggert Kuls, an analyst at Warburg Research in
Hamburg, who has a “hold” rating on Heidelberger Druck.“Today you read your newspaper on your
smart phone. Books are being downloaded. The volume of printed material is shrinking.”
Heck , even Newsweek anounced that it is ending its printed version and going entirely online. Why would Kodak throw all of its ducks into the losing print soup?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••