Lawsuit against El Paso Electric alleges air violations

Full story: El Paso Times
The state Environment Department has sued El Paso Electric for alleged air-quality violations at the utility's Rio Grande Electric Power Generating Station in Sunland Park. Full Story
Old Timer

El Paso, TX

#1 Oct 2, 2008
How about more wind turbines and not pollution. How about EP Electric thinking about the future and not just about short term profits. Clean up your mess and also begin to provide clean electricity. Three wind turbines is not even a good start, just propaganda. No more dirty air - no more Asarco - no more dirty EP Electric tricks. Time to think about the people first and clean up your act.
XPD541

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Aug 18, 2011
Solar and wind solutions have been around for AGES. And now the technology is available for a hell of a lot cheaper than ever before. I have the ability to purchase about 5kw of solar and another 7kw of wind turbines for personal use installed at my home for about $15k. If I can do it, then what is to stop El Paso Electric? Shareholders, Special interests, Gas company contracts and high-level perks for using combustibles and non-renewables.
JollyGreenEnergy

Nevada, TX

#3 Apr 9, 2012
Looking for a few college students to help with a better way with a new electric company that begins today in Texas. Bonuses! www.JollyGreenEnergy.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Electric Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Comcast experiencing 'limited' outages (10:10 a... (Feb '11) Jan 10 Stephanie Wagner 11
Affidavits: 4 of 5 suspects confessed in case o... Sep '14 Larry Driscoll 2
Montana Vista recycling plant destroyed after m... (Oct '13) Oct '13 JWRussell USRN 1
City to fight El Paso Electric Co.'s request to... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Larry Driscoll 2
Residents upset over El Paso Electric project i... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Guess What 2
Solar share of power up, El Paso Electric says (Jun '13) Jun '13 Jim 1
Solar advantage: Rodr guez has good bill (May '13) May '13 Clueless leadership 1
More from around the web