Rookie

New York, NY

#1066 Mar 19, 2013
How long is the probationary period in con Ed ?
Rick

Westbury, NY

#1067 Mar 19, 2013
Im a new hire. I think starting pay is close to 18.00. I am taking a huge pay cut ill probably be taking home half of what i make now if im lucky. This is a great place to be long term.
Michael

Staten Island, NY

#1068 Mar 19, 2013
I was sent a lot of information about benefits life insurance and a job offer. They said i just have to take a medical and then go to orientation. I applied for gas op mechanic b. It seemed like it would be a quick process if they were sending me all this information.Did anyone else get the same information?
Steve

Stanton, NJ

#1069 Mar 20, 2013
When do benefits start for Con Ed once hired ?
How long is orientation ?
Mike

Danielson, CT

#1070 Mar 20, 2013
Hey michael when did you take exam for gas op mechanic b and how did u recieve the info by email?..
mike

Lindenhurst, NY

#1071 Mar 20, 2013
and did you take the physical already michael?
Ciro

Bronx, NY

#1072 Mar 20, 2013
I'm really nervous. Just read my emails yesterday and they want me to come in Friday morning to take the test. You guys think it's a good idea to reschedule? I haven't done math or anything in years. I really don't know what to expect for this test
Ciro

Bronx, NY

#1073 Mar 20, 2013
How is this aptitude test? I'm mad nervous I have to take the test this Friday I had no time to really brush up on anything. I don't know if it's a hard test or not
JGF

Eastchester, NY

#1074 Mar 20, 2013
Ciro wrote:
I'm really nervous. Just read my emails yesterday and they want me to come in Friday morning to take the test. You guys think it's a good idea to reschedule? I haven't done math or anything in years. I really don't know what to expect for this test
Can you do long division, add, subtract and multiply fractions and decimals without a calculator? If you cannot, I would think about rescheduling the test.
Ciro

Bronx, NY

#1075 Mar 20, 2013
JGF wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you do long division, add, subtract and multiply fractions and decimals without a calculator? If you cannot, I would think about rescheduling the test.
I been brushing up a little but I'm kinda nervous.. The fractions and decimals throw me off a little. I don't want them to think anything bad if I reschedule. Is there any courses that they give?
JGF

Eastchester, NY

#1076 Mar 20, 2013
Ciro wrote:
<quoted text>
I been brushing up a little but I'm kinda nervous.. The fractions and decimals throw me off a little. I don't want them to think anything bad if I reschedule. Is there any courses that they give?
No, there are no courses. Study a GED book. Focus on basic math. Get a mechanical apptitude study gude from the bookstore or library and study that too.
Syrialee428

Brooklyn, NY

#1077 Mar 20, 2013
I got an office clerk position with them this week and they hired 15 of us in total. Once I did the aptitude test everything moved along quickly. The aptitude test was intense but not difficult, you need to be solid on the basics of Math and English, and strategize like you would on any exam. Don't spend too long on the difficult ones because you will run out of time, come back to those. (Word section was word 2007 and not 2000 as indicated)The interview is Structered and designed by a psychologist, long questions that require specific situations, results and solutions. Medical was also basic and took more than the hour they said it would, more like 2-3hrs(think clinic waiting room lol)
Mike

Lindenhurst, NY

#1078 Mar 21, 2013
Michael wrote:
I was sent a lot of information about benefits life insurance and a job offer. They said i just have to take a medical and then go to orientation. I applied for gas op mechanic b. It seemed like it would be a quick process if they were sending me all this information.Did anyone else get the same information?
Hey michael when did u take the exam and how did u receive the info.mi went on an interview for the same position recently
Neil

Brooklyn, NY

#1079 Mar 21, 2013
How should I prepare for the junior designer aptitude test? What kind of questions are there besides the math and english questions and how hard are they? I'm really rusty with elec theory, should I be worried? Thank you in advance
David

Ashburn, VA

#1080 Mar 22, 2013
so i got called by irsa yesterday and she offered me the cfr position starting april 5th. i get close to $18 with crazy benefits.The whole process took a 1yr and a half. i applied nov 2011
Tim

Danielson, CT

#1081 Mar 22, 2013
Do they match what you put in your 401k
Neil

Brooklyn, NY

#1082 Mar 22, 2013
Any tips for the jr design test?
Olivia

Brooklyn, NY

#1083 Mar 23, 2013
David wrote:
so i got called by irsa yesterday and she offered me the cfr position starting april 5th. i get close to $18 with crazy benefits.The whole process took a 1yr and a half. i applied nov 2011
what boro are you working for. I am also waiting about a year and a half for the cfr position. I took the test nov 2011 and the second medical in August 2012. And still no call.. Congrats to you.
Aaron

Elmhurst, NY

#1084 Mar 23, 2013
David wrote:
so i got called by irsa yesterday and she offered me the cfr position starting april 5th. i get close to $18 with crazy benefits.The whole process took a 1yr and a half. i applied nov 2011
I was hoping for a faster process. I applied in 2012 and took a medical this week. I seems like ill get the official offer for CFR in 2014!?!
CFR in Waiting

Middle Village, NY

#1085 Mar 24, 2013
Olivia wrote:
<quoted text>what boro are you working for. I am also waiting about a year and a half for the cfr position. I took the test nov 2011 and the second medical in August 2012. And still no call.. Congrats to you.
Oliva, I also have been waiting, it's been a slow process, I'm in Queens, what borough are you in?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Consolidated Edison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
general utility worker (May '07) Sep 12 Michael 313
Junior Electrical Technician Test (Mar '12) Jul '14 George 12
C.F.R job Jul '14 Just curious 2
general utility work (GUW) exam Jul '14 Just curious 2
Utilities Keep Secret the Locations of Gas Leaks May '14 Lynne in LIC Queens 1
How do I study for the steam mechanic B test? Apr '14 brokens4 1
Con Edison General Utility Worker (Oct '11) Sep '13 Michael 4
•••

Consolidated Edison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••