general utility worker
Ralph

Brooklyn, NY

#122 Feb 13, 2013
Hey danny can you tell me how far in depth they get on the math section I'm not that good in math and I been studying all week. I'm so nervous about this test. Also can you tell me a little about the perception section I bought the Barron's book but I just don't know which chapters too study. I been losing sleep over this test I'm so nervous can you please let me know a little about the test. Thank you so much I appreciate alot. Good luck to everyone else whose taking the test
Ralph

Bronx, NY

#123 Feb 13, 2013
Danny wrote:
Yup for GUW. For the math, study a GED book. Addition, subtraction, multiplicaton and long division with decimals and fractions, measurements and conversions. General math, no algibra. Also brush up on spelling, proper sentences and grammar.
Hey danny can you tell me how far in depth they get on the math section I'm not that good in math and I been studying all week. I'm so nervous about this test. Also can you tell me a little about the perception section I bought the Barron's book but I just don't know which chapters too study. I been losing sleep over this test I'm so nervous can you please let me know a little about the test. Thank you so much I appreciate alot. Good luck to everyone else whose taking the test.
Ralph

Bronx, NY

#124 Feb 13, 2013
mike wrote:
Hey danny one more question .. it says in the email section 4 is guw perception..what is on the perception section
hey mike good luck on the test brother I have to take mine on Friday. I might reschedule though cause I'm so nervous I feel like I need a little more time to study. But good luck though let me know if you pass bud hope you do !
Ralph

Bronx, NY

#125 Feb 13, 2013
Does anyone know how much time for each section they give you ?
Danny

New York, NY

#126 Feb 14, 2013
mike wrote:
Hey danny one more question .. it says in the email section 4 is guw perception..what is on the perception section
Spatial relations, map reading, comprehension. Stuff like that.
Danny

New York, NY

#127 Feb 14, 2013
Ralph, the math section is basic math. No algebra. You need to be able to add, multiply, subtract and divide both decimals and fractions. Know an inch ruler.

The perception part is all about map reading and reading comprehension. The amount of time you have in a section varies from 20 to 40 mins depending. Good luck.
Timmy r

Ardsley, NY

#128 Feb 14, 2013
I received a email to go for a interview but I won't be able to make it that day. Is there anyway to reschedule a interview
Jim

Forest Hills, NY

#129 Feb 14, 2013
Timmy r wrote:
I received a email to go for a interview but I won't be able to make it that day. Is there anyway to reschedule a interview
Timmy try responding to the email. I have had several back and forths wrt the interview date with the recruiter. Good luck
Timmy r

Mount Vernon, NY

#130 Feb 14, 2013
Thanks Jim. Did they change your date
Ralph

Bronx, NY

#131 Feb 14, 2013
Danny wrote:
Ralph, the math section is basic math. No algebra. You need to be able to add, multiply, subtract and divide both decimals and fractions. Know an inch ruler.
The perception part is all about map reading and reading comprehension. The amount of time you have in a section varies from 20 to 40 mins depending. Good luck.
. Thanks alot brotha I appreciate it.
mike

West Babylon, NY

#132 Feb 15, 2013
Danny thanks for the help passed td
Danny

New York, NY

#133 Feb 15, 2013
Mike, congrats! Did you get scheduled for the PAT? Also, did you apply for Gas or Electric?
mike

West Babylon, NY

#134 Feb 15, 2013
No pat date yet and electric
Leo

Brooklyn, NY

#135 Feb 18, 2013
Was a calculator allowed for the math part. I remember take a test a while back and they handed out calculators.
Danny

New York, NY

#136 Feb 18, 2013
Leo wrote:
Was a calculator allowed for the math part. I remember take a test a while back and they handed out calculators.
No calculators were allowed when I took the GUW exam last month.
Leo

Brooklyn, NY

#137 Feb 18, 2013
Danny wrote:
<quoted text>
No calculators were allowed when I took the GUW exam last month.
ok thanks. Does anyone know how they usually hire? I applied online and still didn't get called to take the test. Do they email people based on where they life. I'm on Staten Island and was wondering
Leo

Brooklyn, NY

#138 Feb 18, 2013
Leo wrote:
<quoted text> ok thanks. Does anyone know how they usually hire? I applied online and still didn't get called to take the test. Do they email people based on where they life. I'm on Staten Island and was wondering
live* sorry for the typo. Just very upset I didn't get emailed to take the test by now
Dman

United States

#139 Feb 23, 2013
Leo wrote:
<quoted text> live* sorry for the typo. Just very upset I didn't get emailed to take the test by now
I think it's by luck you get emailed. I applied for 2 guw in December and only got 1 email.
Leo

United States

#140 Feb 23, 2013
Dman wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's by luck you get emailed. I applied for 2 guw in December and only got 1 email.
yea I applied for both of those positions as well and still didn't here back from them.
Antf411

Freeport, NY

#141 Feb 25, 2013
Leo wrote:
<quoted text> yea I applied for both of those positions as well and still didn't here back from them.
I was wondering the same thing. I applied for 4 guw positions and 2 meter reader positions and haven't heard anything. Are people with some experience getting called first or is it just luck?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Consolidated Edison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
con Ed job interview (Oct '06) 8 hr Stevecat 2,244
Jr. Designer Non-Electric Craft Knowledge Test ... (Feb '15) Apr '17 AndrewP 4
Medical exam? Feb '17 RainInBklyn 1
Junior Electrical Technician Test (Mar '12) Feb '17 Justin 17
Production Technician (May '16) Jan '17 Travis 6
Production Technician Aptitude Test (Aug '16) Dec '16 Frankie 2
Production Tech Dec '16 Frankie 1
More from around the web