The workers are accused of accepting more than $1M in kickbacks from a contractor.

Jan 14, 2009 Full story: WABC

Ten supervisors and a retired worker at Consolidated Edison are accused of soliciting and accepting more than $1 million in kickbacks from a contractor.

Full Story
Rich

Bronx, NY

#1 Jan 16, 2009
The selfish acts of these few have brought a dark cloud over all the good employees in the company.What a pathetic group of theives
KNOLL

AOL

#2 Jan 16, 2009
RICH YOUR RIGHT BUT THESE FEW ARE JUST A SMALL PERCENT OF THE CORUP CON ED SUPERVISORS. I KNOW IN WESTCHESTER ALONE THE ARE ATLEAST A DOZEN MORE NOT ONLY SHAKING DOWN CONTRACTORS BUT USING CON ED FORCES AND EQUIPMENT FOR PERSONAL GAIN THAT THE AVERAGE DEVELOPER PAYES THROUGHTHE NOSE FOR.
BUT IT IS A SHAME BECAUSE I KNOW THE PERCENTAGE OF GOOD OUT SHINES THE BAD.
brendan

London, UK

#3 Feb 8, 2009
I worked for sub contractor who had various contracts with con ed. This type of thing went on Wholesale between contractor foremen and Con ED inspectors,where work was signed off on not knowing whether it was done or not. its not only big boys involved in this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Consolidated Edison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
con Ed job interview (Oct '06) 1 hr Astoria Guy Employee 1,563
Test for Jr Designer L1-2 W14099 Nov '14 New Engineer 1
general utility worker (May '07) Oct '14 Kayak willy 319
FPL boosts electric bills although its fuel cos... (Feb '09) Sep '14 Tor 136
Junior Electrical Technician Test (Mar '12) Jul '14 George 12
C.F.R job (Jun '14) Jul '14 Just curious 2
general utility work (GUW) exam (Jun '14) Jul '14 Just curious 2
More from around the web