Power outages slam Upper East Side

Full story: Newsday 39
A power outage in the city's Upper East Side neighborhood cut traffic lights and some train service Wednesday afternoon, officials and residents said. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ha Ha

Levittown, NY

#1 Jun 27, 2007
This City can't handle 2 days of hot weather without a power failure? What a joke.
Brett

New York, NY

#2 Jun 27, 2007
Leave it to Con Ed to not realease any new info...what a great company.
Lefty

Thousand Oaks, CA

#4 Jun 27, 2007
What ever we do, just don't build anything that can actually solve the power problem. We are way better off having blackouts, it forces everyone to conserve and that is the only answer. If we can put a man on the moon we can conserve our way out of growing energy demands and blackouts prove it! Just think of all the carbon off sets we are getting out of power failures to boot, It's a Win Win!!!!!!!
Rory

Hicksville, NY

#5 Jun 27, 2007
Probably lost power because everyone left on the A/C for the cat.
queens

United States

#6 Jun 27, 2007
You have got to be kidding me! We are only a few day into the summer and already getting power outages!!??
ConEd needs to get it together. I would hate to spend another week with no power like I did last summer.
get real

Denver, CO

#7 Jun 27, 2007
Ha Ha wrote:
This City can't handle 2 days of hot weather without a power failure? What a joke.
to many damn people living here, they should go back to their own countries and use their own electricity.
Pete

New Hyde Park, NY

#8 Jun 27, 2007
Here we go again!!
no hero he

East Elmhurst, NY

#9 Jun 27, 2007
Thank God the power came back on when it did, or we would have had to listen to our idiot mayor doomberg tell us what a great job con ed was doing, like last year when parts of queens went out for about 10 days, and he said the people shouldnt be angry with con ed, they were doing such a great job. this was my 4th blackout living in manhattan for 61 years.
doomberg sux

East Elmhurst, NY

#10 Jun 27, 2007
Living here in Yorkville for all these yrs, and now they are building 3 hi-rise bldgs totaling 101 stories for all the yuppies to move into and use much more power and cause many more blackouts, this a-hole mayor is trying to turn this industrial city NYC, into some kind of resort area, it wont work.
REALITY CHECKER

Brentwood, NY

#11 Jun 27, 2007
It's going to be a long Hot and "DARK"summer!
long island children

North Port, FL

#12 Jun 27, 2007
power outage -- for the people that know they act out the movies

DONT GO TO THEIR MOVIES

say it children:
TRANSFORMERS - more than meets the eyes

perhaps no one was hurt

2 days ago I was told that lightening can come from heat, not just rain clouds

in august 2003 there was a blackout in NYC
it was thought by one website in 2003 that a small explosion in the atmosphere could disrupt whatever was used to control peoples minds -- the mind weapons

I dont know if it worked then, or today for parts of NYC

One more thing about superman, yesterday they left a pair of mens red underwaer in the road -- in the mourning. I did not know what it meant except that suzanne somers house burned down and they showed one pair of mens purple underwear. I dont know what that is.

Positive thoughts for those inconvenienced by power out in NYC

posted earlier:
Condolences to both families of drowning victims.

Statistics say a certain number of people drown in the pool each year.
Statistics don't show names, places, addresses, or what was on tv or in movies, or music at the time.

All these stories tell of victims with clinton aliases

CLINTONS -- tell Long Islanders your movie money is more important than warning the people that mind weapons are being used to kill and hurt them.
DONT GO TO THE MOVIES

These drownings and the response to change the name of a law to that of a victim is a sign that the deaths are suspicious. This is like two years ago when there were a cluster of drownings. Cluster...

They wanted clinton to talk about it then, Jack Nichlaus 2 year old grandson
opened the sliding door, and drwoned int he hot tub. Clinton and Nichlaus played golf together after that.

Kenneth Clark --

Clinton was known as superman to some (Clark Kent), to others like the joke on West WIng said -- does that come with a cape and tights?

Yesterday after reading the comments on the Lindenhurst boy who fell from the second floor, One was about the Walendas. They planted a paper with an article about the Walendas before I read about Lindenhurst. SO there are people who know that mind weapons are used on children of all ages.

Cole lived near firemans park, and that thought was pointed out to me very strongly... so Tammy Kitson is on parkside.

what other movies was Tammy (Debbie Reynolds) in?

It Started with a Kiss (1959)
advertisement Air Force Sgt. Joe Fitzpatrick meets and marries a beautiful model, Maggie Putnam, on the eve of being shipped off to Spain. When the new Mrs. Fitzpatrick waits to join her husband, she promises him in a letter "the most wonderful surprise that could happen to two people." Joe naturally assumes that she's pregnant, but the surprise turns out to be a fabulous new car that he won in a raffle. His new bride and car win him the scorn and jealousy of Spain's most famous toreador, not to mention the suspicions of his commanding officer.

Kitson -- Americas Got Talent was on last night, perhaps those wacky guys don't like the show -- David Hasselhoff drove kit in his old show
I was woken with thoughts of young and restless

DONT GO TO THE MOVIES OR WATCH THEIR TV PROGRAMS. REGIS left Americas Got Talent for a reason. Look at the difference between talk shows - regis and Jerry Springer. That tells you Amercias Got Talent is documenting things int he songs and acts that are evil. They antogonize killers that use mind weapons.

CONDOLENCES.
Kevin

AOL

#14 Jun 27, 2007
the worst part of this "Power Outage 2007" is watching the media break in with their special reports. Fox 5 News looks especially ridiculous. They are TRYING to find people who have a negative thing to say. They talked to a woman from a hospital, and they sounded disappointed when she said everything was fine. They talked to the owner of a restaurant, who said it was inconvenient, but not too terrible. Their questions are aimed at making someone say, "This sucks, I hope all of Con E and the Mayor's officgets fired," but no one is biting.

To the media: Enough already, it is inconvenient, it happens, get over it. Stop trying to make this a huge issue. I understand it is an issue, but not to the extent that the media wants it to be.
JQA

Bronx, NY

#15 Jun 27, 2007
I cant believe it. Another black out. How many more are to come. I love how they want to cut you off the minute you dont pay your bill but lord help us if we need Con Edison to give us our moneys worth. We pay so much money for crap service. Get it together Con Ed!!!!!!!!!!
DED

AOL

#16 Jun 27, 2007
Here we go again.
LIPA suction

Fort Lee, NJ

#17 Jun 27, 2007
DED wrote:
Here we go again.
It could be worse.

You could be stuck with LIPA...
DED

AOL

#18 Jun 27, 2007
LIPA suction wrote:
<quoted text>
It could be worse.
You could be stuck with LIPA...
So I guess it is worse. I get con ed while at work and LIPA at home. They got me coming and going. Actually now that the LIRR is down as well, I can't go anywhere.
Nik

AOL

#19 Jun 27, 2007
Looks like the power outage affected the Bronx Bombers, too! I was at the game at Camden Yards and it was great to see them and "The Rocket" get spanked by the O's 4-0. Yeah, I know the Orioles suck, but they have half the payroll. I loved watching the Yankee fans leave with their tails between their legs!
Former New Yorker

Cape Coral, FL

#20 Jun 27, 2007
Thats why you guys should just move to sunny, beautiful Florida to end all of your problems. I wouldn't want to give New York another dime of my hard earned money. I've had enough of the cramped, stuffy rides on the A train. Or having to deal with the ridiculous traffic on the Grand Central Parkway. Now you have to deal with blackouts? People get crazy in the nasty heat.. Ahhh.. New York, great place to visit, wouldn't want to live there...

Since: Feb 07

Brentwood, NY

#21 Jun 28, 2007
Bloomberg should get his facts straight before his knee jerk defense of Con Ed. He said it was because of the heat, Con Ed said it had nothing to do with the heat.
This is NYC for God's sake, KEEP THE F**KING POWER ON you imbeciles! There's no excuse for this crap!
LIPA suction

Fort Lee, NJ

#22 Jun 28, 2007
DED wrote:
<quoted text>
So I guess it is worse. I get con ed while at work and LIPA at home. They got me coming and going. Actually now that the LIRR is down as well, I can't go anywhere.
Wow. Con Ed, LIPA, LIRR. Trifecta!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Consolidated Edison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
con Ed job interview (Oct '06) Dec 22 Astoria Guy Employee 1,561
Test for Jr Designer L1-2 W14099 Nov '14 New Engineer 1
general utility worker (May '07) Oct '14 Kayak willy 319
FPL boosts electric bills although its fuel cos... (Feb '09) Sep '14 Tor 136
Junior Electrical Technician Test (Mar '12) Jul '14 George 12
C.F.R job (Jun '14) Jul '14 Just curious 2
general utility work (GUW) exam (Jun '14) Jul '14 Just curious 2
More from around the web