St. Paul looking for huge Christmas tree

St. Paul looking for huge Christmas tree

There are 17 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 1, 2008, titled St. Paul looking for huge Christmas tree. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

St. Paul is getting a head start on its holiday shopping - winter holiday. City officials announced this morning they're hunting for 75- to 90-foot evergreens to spruce up Ecolab Plaza for the holidays.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Owl Gore

Monroe, LA

#1 Jul 1, 2008
save the trees !(besides, it's a "holiday tree")
Andy

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jul 1, 2008
Can't believe that actually called it a "Christmas" Tree!
Cmon

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jul 1, 2008
Summer just got here, and we're already talking about winter? Let us enjoy the sun and ice-free environment.
Just put up a huge Festivus pole.
Richard Ringerud

Princeton, MN

#4 Jul 1, 2008
How about PLANTING Real Trees in the Plaza? A perminent park like setting.
Old White Guy

United States

#6 Jul 1, 2008
Thats too bad. As an American I resent beheadings and terrorism.
Herb Sewell

United States

#7 Jul 1, 2008
As a liberal, I demand that the government burn down Christmas trees on the lawns of Christians!
Greased Up Deaf Guy

United States

#8 Jul 1, 2008
As a Deaf-American, I demand that you include closed captioning with your comments.
Zero Tolerance

Fergus Falls, MN

#9 Jul 1, 2008
If they refuse to say Christmas and Christmas tree, then let them have a fake tree for their fake holiday. I hope no tree is donated until they use our traditional names. Those who object, should not force tradition to change to their ways.
P T Bull

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Jul 1, 2008
ZenBirdFlu wrote:
As a muslim, I resent that people can get a tax deduction for donating to a christian based tradition.

So, I take it there won't be a chistmas tree at the publicly funded muslim school this year? Oh, well.

Besides its a Peagan tradition--christianity is based on the birth of christ not a pine tree with candy canes on it.

In any case, its saddens me deeply that the carbon footprint of saint paul will be increased by this horrible desecration of our environment by politicians.
P T Bull

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Jul 1, 2008
Herb Sewell wrote:
As a liberal, I demand that the government burn down Christmas trees on the lawns of Christians!

Probably want to burn the crosses on their lawns too. No need leaving a job half-done.
JAdams

AOL

#12 Jul 1, 2008
This is St Paul...saying Christmas is verboten. It is Holiday Tree. We will only acknowledge mooselimb holy days.

signed

Kommandant Coleman

Since: Jun 08

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Jul 1, 2008
ZenBirdFlu wrote:
As a muslim, I resent that people can get a tax deduction for donating to a christian based tradition.
You are in America. All religions get a tax dedution for donating their assets to their church of their choice. I also resent that we give you, a Muslim, a tax deduction for donating to terrorist organizations that are killing Americans.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#15 Jul 1, 2008
Thomas F Schraad wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in America. All religions get a tax dedution for donating their assets to their church of their choice. I also resent that we give you, a Muslim, a tax deduction for donating to terrorist organizations that are killing Americans.
Thomas, don't let this person suck you in. S/he likes to post idiotic remarks under names similar to mine. I prefer to think of this poster as my least literate stalker. Please ignore them!

Zen

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Jul 1, 2008
P T Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
So, I take it there won't be a chistmas tree at the publicly funded muslim school this year? Oh, well.
Besides its a Peagan tradition--christianity is based on the birth of christ not a pine tree with candy canes on it.
In any case, its saddens me deeply that the carbon footprint of saint paul will be increased by this horrible desecration of our environment by politicians.
Don't worry; by the time they get a tree in place, it will precious enough to make you throw up: wind or solar powered, and then they'll chip the dumb thing and have the compost blessed as it returns to our mother...

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Jul 1, 2008
ZenBirdist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas, don't let this person suck you in. S/he likes to post idiotic remarks under names similar to mine. I prefer to think of this poster as my least literate stalker. Please ignore them!
Zen
Is it better that stalkers be literate, or otherwise?
Interesting aside: the word:'s u c k' was bleeped in the original post, is visible as I type this; I guess auto-censoring ain't all it's cracked up to be.
Del Capslock

Cresco, IA

#18 Jul 1, 2008
I'll bet in Mooslum countries they don't give Christians a tax deduction for donating to a church. Oh, never mind. They're still in the 12th century and the Christian churches are all burned down.

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Jul 2, 2008
ZenBirdist wrote:
<quoted text>
Zen
Zen, thanks for the update.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ecolab Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ecolab's failures in the Environment, Health an... (Apr '16) Apr '16 EHS Professional 1
Ecolab 600/handbook violations 2011/ Quigley/Sm... (Jul '12) Mar '16 Harold 13
News Ecolab, 3M send medical supplies to West Africa (Aug '14) Aug '14 Jessie 1
News John Kim's Night Owl Capital Is Betting On Thes... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Philip Cohen 1
News Judge tosses spill claims against Ecolab-owned ... (Dec '12) Dec '12 citizen 1
News Ecolab Earnings: Fifth Consecutive Quarter of D... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Really 1
News Ecolab buying Champion Technologies in $2.2B deal (Oct '12) Oct '12 fashionjewelryfor... 1
More from around the web