Hayneville Shale activity to slow in ...

Hayneville Shale activity to slow in 2011

There are 1 comment on the The Shreveport Times story from Nov 7, 2010, titled Hayneville Shale activity to slow in 2011. In it, The Shreveport Times reports that:

The Haynesville Shale may be a victim of its own success. Oil and gas drilling activity that has dominated northwest Louisiana's economy since mid-2008 is expected to slow in 2011 as attention transitions from low-priced natural gas to more lucrative big oil plays elsewhere in the United States.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Shreveport Times.

Steven R Jackson

United States

#1 Nov 8, 2010
You can't always believe what you hear in the newspapers. There is too much land that is already leased for big companies to just pick up and redirect gas operations elsewhere. yes it has slowed down some,but quite possibly refiguring the situation as they are probably doing, in my opinion,will help maximize the way they utilize their rescources in this area. news articles like the one I am commenting on now can have a devastating effect on these small town economies. It is my opinion that the reporter that weilded this information was totally misinformed and probably needs to get the whole story and compile evidence before running to the editor on the basis of peanut gallery hearsay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

EnCana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News PetroChina, Encana strike $2.2-billion natural ... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lamont Alberta de... 1
News Chesapeake Energy in U.S. antitrust investigation (Aug '12) Aug '12 Dwight Baker 1
News Big Oil and Gas industry writing down billions ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 e46M3 e60M5 2
News U.S. probes Chesapeake, rival over possible col... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Black Jesus 12
News Chesapeake Encana plotted to suppress land pric... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Tex 2
News Traders turn to U.S. economic data as questions... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Dwight Baker 1
News Wyoming town fears fracking poisoned their water (Feb '12) Feb '12 Dwight Baker 1
More from around the web