Less for more: utilities seek money f...

Less for more: utilities seek money for less power

There are 1 comment on the San Jose Mercury News story from Jun 12, 2009, titled Less for more: utilities seek money for less power. In it, San Jose Mercury News reports that:

Your utility is becoming more efficient, power is becoming greener and you're taking steps to conserve energy in your home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Jose Mercury News.

Cathedral City, CA

#1 Jun 13, 2009
It's business min/max at its finest. If you can get the customer to shoulder not building any more power plants and can keep cost increases at a minimum, then the public will buy into it. The down side, the deregulation of the power industry will not bring down power prices if there is no new power production being built. No over production of power, no competition, no lower energy prices. Protect yourselves, install solar PV and or solar hot water.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duke Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Duke Energy 5 hr Todd 1
Duke energy (Jun '15) Mar 10 Mark p 5
Duke energy sucks (Jun '15) Mar 10 Mark p 5
Duke energy sucks (Jun '15) Sep '17 rock richardson 8
News Big utilities try to tilt solar energy market i... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Solarman 1
News Duke Energy Duke Energy turned N.C.'s sunny day... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Solarman 2
News Duke Energy seeking bids for renewable energy p... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Solarman 1