Green-Up to a Point

Green-Up to a Point

There are 7 comments on the www.businessweek.com story from Feb 26, 2008, titled Green-Up to a Point. In it, www.businessweek.com reports that:

Many of these companies want the image of being green but are putting their money on the other side of the issue,

When 10 of the largest U.S. corporations and four environmental groups joined forces last January to lobby for federal regulations to restrict greenhouse-gas emissions, it was seen as a watershed in corporate ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.businessweek.com.

henry

Westfield, NY

#1 Feb 26, 2008
This is a big surprise. I find it disgusting that some willfully foul the planet for future generations in order to line their pockets today.

Since: Jan 08

Bangkok, Thailand

#2 Feb 27, 2008
I find it disgusting that people say c02-(what the trees eat!) is a disgusting, unnatural pollutant. Not to mention it's what we breathe.

Where'd you get that idea? I get three guesses...
henry

Westfield, NY

#3 Feb 27, 2008
Who, me? I didn't get that idea. Hostess twinkies are a disgusting, unnatural pollutant, but I love those.

nubbins b fairlygood

“obama supporter goes boating”

denver

#4 Feb 27, 2008
just shows you, big corporations aren't run by fools.

nubbins b fairlygood

“obama supporter goes boating”

denver

#5 Feb 27, 2008
henry wrote:
This is a big surprise. I find it disgusting that some willfully foul the planet for future generations in order to line their pockets today.
you're their accomplice, your house is full of their products. now take your share of the blame for"fouling" the planet.
henry

Ripley, NY

#6 Feb 29, 2008
nubbins b fairlygood wrote:
<quoted text> you're their accomplice, your house is full of their products. now take your share of the blame for"fouling" the planet.
That is crap. When I find an outfit that practices these methods, I'm done with them... and what do you know about my house, dork.

Bangkok, Thailand

#7 Feb 29, 2008
so you're saying you don't use any oil at all?

No gasoline?

No cooking oil?

Yeah right.

since you do,

"you're their accomplice, your house is full of their products. now take your share of the blame for"fouling" the planet."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duke Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hundreds without power in Charlotte following M... Jul '16 CharlottePro 1
Duke energy sucks (Jun '15) Jun '15 Duke energy sucks 1
Duke energy sucks (Jun '15) Jun '15 Duke energy sucks 2
Duke energy (Jun '15) Jun '15 Your mama 4
News Former Duke CEO criticizes N.C. legislature for... (May '15) May '15 Solarman 1
News Sharp words and a surprising vote at Duke Energ... (May '15) May '15 Solarman 1
News NCWARN runs ad criticizing Duke Energy's approa... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Solarman 1
More from around the web