Mill Center for the Arts receives Duk...

Mill Center for the Arts receives Duke Energy grant

There are 2 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Jul 9, 2007, titled Mill Center for the Arts receives Duke Energy grant. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

The Mill Center for the Arts has been awarded a $1,250 grant by the Duke Energy Foundation, the center announced today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Dennis Justice

AOL

#1 Jul 9, 2007
This is news why? The art center will never take off in Hendersonville, nor should it. It's going to bleed money worse than the Asheville Civic Center.

Hey, I got a tax refund of three times that amount this year. Do I get a news story?

The arts center folks in Hendersonville need to stop sending these press releases as $1,250 is NOTHING toward the $millions they want to take from taxpayers.

We need gyms, soccer fields, maybe a small civic center more scaled to our needs, not an overpriced arts center that can't possibly be viable.
IMOKRU

Columbia, SC

#2 Jul 9, 2007
The taxpaying residents of Henderson County have no intention of financing this white elephant. Any commissioner that signs of for any funding for this monstrosity will be political toast. The local rag the HTN gets about 10 letters opposing the Mill Center vs. one supporting. Hardly a sign of confidence. The Mill Center is our version of Asheville's Bum panhandling lockbox. $1,250 is a small step when these elites say we need 23 million more for their champagne and brie rendez-vous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duke Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Duke energy sucks (Jun '15) Mar '17 PO_d Duke Customer 2
News Big utilities try to tilt solar energy market i... Feb '17 Solarman 1
News Duke Energy Duke Energy turned N.C.'s sunny day... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Solarman 2
News Duke Energy seeking bids for renewable energy p... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Solarman 1
News Hundreds without power in Charlotte following M... (Jul '16) Jul '16 CharlottePro 1
Duke energy sucks (Jun '15) Jun '15 Duke energy sucks 2
Duke energy (Jun '15) Jun '15 Your mama 4
More from around the web