Legal defense fund will aid Detroit m...

Legal defense fund will aid Detroit mayor

There are 57 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Mar 27, 2008, titled Legal defense fund will aid Detroit mayor. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

A group of business and political leaders is forming a legal defense fund to help Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick fight felony perjury charges.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Stroosinator

Deerfield, IL

#1 Mar 27, 2008
And this just makes these people as disgusting as Kwame himself.
Batch 37 Pain is Good

United States

#2 Mar 27, 2008
High powered political leaders in bed with each other. I will not support any of their businesses. They must have too much money. Millions to defend the indefensible.
Richard

Brazil

#3 Mar 27, 2008
I used to like Judge Mathis. How could anyone in their right mind want to help this obvious crook. Maybe they are all in cohoots with Kwame. That wouldn't suprise me a bit.
family affairs

Dearborn Heights, MI

#4 Mar 27, 2008
this is nothing but all family he gave high paid jobs to everyone in his family and all his close friends why do you think he is where he is now he knows no one will talk they all brothers or sisters of his what a crooked family
governor

Dearborn Heights, MI

#5 Mar 27, 2008
what the hell is up with grandholm i voted for her but she needs to take a side in this and already there has been conventions dropping out costing the city millions of dollors she needs to step up and get a new mayor.
Mary Lou Madden

Granbury, TX

#6 Mar 27, 2008
A Justice Fund. What a joke.
jeepie

Lansing, MI

#7 Mar 27, 2008
I'll help. Where can I send my pop can. Postage due.
brother

Plainwell, MI

#8 Mar 27, 2008
i heard a chicago talk show where they did not even talk about if he was guilty or not just "we have to gather around and support the mayor in his time of need, we can not turn our backs on him now"
Chocobo

Attica, OH

#9 Mar 27, 2008
You have got to be kidding me!? It must be nice to be able to do whatever you want, perjure yourself, misuse public funds and still have people bail you out. This is incredible and outrageous! Hmmmm...very suspicious. Kind of makes you wonder if Kwame has something on those guys paying his legal bills.
fgn

Plainwell, MI

#10 Mar 27, 2008
Kwame has all but destroyed the City of Detroit, and it's spreading to Michigan. The reason Jennifer isn't getting involved is because Kwame has awarded big contracts to her husband's consulting company. And who's going to pay for his mistress' defense? Or is she going to turn state's evidence and testify against him?
adam

Portage, MI

#11 Mar 27, 2008
what a joke....send that jerk to jail along with our govenor
Mark

Lovington, NM

#12 Mar 27, 2008
You know what's even scarier?

Just think about the jury pool. It's probably going to be OJ all over again. Since there's idiots that will fund a defense for him, you have to know that there's idiots out there that don't think what he did was wrong.
Poetic Justice

Livonia, MI

#13 Mar 27, 2008
A group of business and political leaders, Please, I didn’t see a business person on the list? Worst we can do is boycott Judge Mathis. Teachers in Detroit should be upset that a lawyer that represent them is representing the guy who cause the teachers to lose their jobs, Detroit Education system can’t buy books for the classroom, and maintenance to the buildings. The teachers need to get together and give Reginald Turner two options, quit Kwame or resign off the board of Education.
Poetic Justice

Livonia, MI

#14 Mar 27, 2008
Think how far this money could go to the citizens, schools and police and fire departments of Detroit and Wayne County.$8.4 Million to the whistle Blowers,$860K to Kwames defense team, the money (time of people that could be doing something else), Kwame’s relatives and buddies, he appointed that raped the city coughers. The millions more defending and prosecuting his sorry excuse of a human. This could easily hit $15,000,000.00 The city of Detroit deserves better. How many police officers would $5 million put on the streets making Detroit safer? How many teachers and books would $5 million put in the classroom?

Teachers, Parents and Students stand up and request Reginald Turner (Michigan Board of Education) and Martin Taylor (U of M regent) be removed from their positions due to conflict of interest. Kwame has killed the educational system in Detroit.

A regent: A member of the governing board of a state university or a state educational system
Kim in gr

Detroit, MI

#15 Mar 27, 2008
This is absolutely a circus. Funds ? Puleeeez ! He needs to go to jail. Why is he fighting this thing so hard anyhow ? He knows he is guilty.

Since: Mar 08

Grand Rapids

#16 Mar 27, 2008
adam wrote:
what a joke....send that jerk to jail along with our govenor
So, Detroit's mayor is in legal trouble and the governor needs jail time? Perhaps she was advised to keep quiet as she may need to testify later.
Richard

Brazil

#17 Mar 27, 2008
OK, I just sent an opinion form to Jenny requesting that Turner be removed from his position as I feel he has a conflict of interest on this. I will no longer watch Judge Mathis and will also send an e-mail to U of M on Martin Taylor.
Richard

Brazil

#18 Mar 27, 2008
OK, I sent an e-mail to UofM about relieving Mr Taylor as well.

[email protected]
Richard

Brazil

#19 Mar 27, 2008
Let Judge Mathis know too.

[email protected] <[email protected] >

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#20 Mar 27, 2008
Good Day,

Ever heard of guilt by association? I think it is quite likely he will be found guilty if this goes the full course. Then these folks supplying the defense fund will certainly loose face and be found guilty by association.

fgn - great point! I was screaming about this and other questionable business deals and actions by good ol" Jenny when she was a prosecutor. But nobody wanted to listen to the TRUTH! The libs did not care - hey just wanted someone to support more social programs vs. looking into her questionable past.

Steelie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DTE Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Security deposit ripoff (Aug '08) Aug '17 Neferteria Gray 22
News DTE Energy DTE Energy announces plan to reduce ... May '17 Solarman 1
Outage Map (Mar '17) Mar '17 Oldirongut 1
07/07/2016 Power Outages & Other Frequent Outages (Jul '16) Jul '16 MIresident 2
News General Motors and DTE Energy Partner on Solar ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Solarman 1
News DTE Energy to receive license for new nuclear unit (May '15) May '15 BDV 1
Vance Miller Kitchens (May '14) May '14 vella22 1
More from around the web