DTE: 34K remain in the dark after storms

Full story: Detroit News

About 34,000 DTE Energy customers remained without power late Friday afternoon following thunderstorms that pounded Metro Detroit on Thursday night.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jul 17, 2010
Skeeter

United States

#1 Jul 17, 2010
Its always been a dark city...
Tony

Troy, MI

#2 Jul 17, 2010
The outages are not necessarily in Detroit.
This whole area has long been like third world countries. Power can go off at any time without weather damage. My neighbor just lost his computer to the crew diddling with the line out front. I get tired of resetting all the clocks, but I do it so often that the programs are easy to remember. DTE knows when your power goes out. Their computer system tells them. The whole reason for making you call in is so they can judge the anger/complaint/inconvenience level those shortages are causing. When lots of people are not home, they don't get to you as fast. Another little trick the linemen like to pull is to keep the outage under two minutes or five or whatever so they don't have to report it and DTE doesn't log it. They can repeat the process until they move the line they are working on. You may be screwed if your appliance fry in such cases.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DTE Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vance Miller Kitchens May '14 vella22 1
Security deposit ripoff (Aug '08) May '14 Michael D 13
Fire destroys Detroit flower shop Apr '14 Steve 3
Utility linemen brave cold, ice to restore power (Jan '14) Jan '14 SAME IN cANADA 1
Thousands remain without power for sixth day (Jan '14) Jan '14 SAME IN cANADA 1
long term outage (Dec '13) Dec '13 seeker 1
Livonia fire officials, DTE investigate home blaze (Oct '13) Nov '13 Pete 6
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

DTE Energy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••