Consumers energy raises gas rate

There are 70 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Dec 23, 2008, titled Consumers energy raises gas rate. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Detroit Edison's average residential customer will start paying $2.51 a month more for electricity after state regulators approved a rate increase Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

HanginGr

Grand Rapids, MI

#42 Dec 27, 2008
Just keep Kicking us when we are down!
HanginGr

Grand Rapids, MI

#43 Dec 27, 2008
Jon wrote:
I can't believe some on here are blaming Jenn. Are you stupid or what?
Well lets be honest here Everyone wants to go green but is this really the best time when they arent any jobs as it is?? oh I forgot going green will make 20 jobs for the state of mich! but yeah let increase the rates! Go Jen YOu SUCK!
HanginGr

Grand Rapids, MI

#44 Dec 27, 2008
Ook if they want to improve or make changes why doesnt the consumer have to pay? I just dont get it?
enough already

Grand Rapids, MI

#45 Dec 27, 2008
cjt from USA wrote:
What are they crazy??? Just jumping on the name of the game (raise prices, while everyone else is). My water bill raised drastically this year, gas went up to almost $4.00, groceries are almost double, etc., now my electric bill will go up. I am sitting in the freezing cold typing this, I may have to get rid of internet soon to pay the rising prices of everything else. They give us tips on how to insulate, new windows, etc., who has the money to do that???? I'm single and don't know how to do it myself. Once everybody loses their homes and move out of Michigan, where will that increase get them. Greed!!!!!!!!! I don't know all the internal workings of Consumers Energy and who is at the bottom of the price increase, but follow McDonalds example, have a value meal menu that pople can afford, and they are making a profit. I bet Consumers Energy CEO's are getting one hell of a bonus. I know I am rambling, but that happens when I get so mad!!!!!!!!!
Of course its greed. When people refer to the USa as the richest country in the world you dont really thing they are referring to little ol you and me? We are the richest country (one of them at lest) but we have a school system that is falling apart and has NO MONEY, we have a healthcare system that is so lacking that there are kids and adults dying due to lack of care and needs, we have people starving for lack of food, we have a public transportation system that is crap, we have a transportation infrastructure throughout the US that is horrible, bridges that are near collapse, but none of this can be "fixed" because there is NO MONEY, NO FUNDING...but man we got enough bombs to blow the shit out of anyone who we dont like the way they look or think. What a wonderful rich country - GOD damn america.

“Tacos for everyone!”

Since: Mar 08

Hell, MI

#46 Dec 27, 2008
Jon wrote:
I can't believe some on here are blaming Jenn. Are you stupid or what?
Yeah she is an idiot for sure but I don't think she ordered up the rate increase... however she is a jerk idiot.

“Go MSU Spartans!”

Since: Oct 08

Kalamazoo, MI

#47 Dec 27, 2008
michael g wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me see. You bought a house that you can't afford. You signed for a mortgage that you can't pay. And that is someone else's fault??
So you know this particular person's situation? There are many people who could not anticipate a drastic change in their financial situation when they bought their houses (loss of job, decreased income, etc.). Not everyone in this situation got into a house they couldn't afford given their financial situation at the time they took out their mortgage. I am assuming that anyone trying to work with a mortgage company is able to make a reasonable payment.

Anyway I'm glad to see compassion alive and thriving during the Christmas season. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!
Wild Bill

Allegan, MI

#48 Dec 27, 2008
Keyser Sose wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah she is an idiot for sure but I don't think she ordered up the rate increase... however she is a jerk idiot.
Granholm signed the "renewable energy" bill in October to raise energy rates. This was done to shove green energy upon us. We're paying the utilities to change from efficient energy to inefficient energy. But remember, it is supposed to create "tens of thousands of new jobs".
Movedoutof Michigan

Lehigh Acres, FL

#50 Dec 27, 2008
Gotta love it!
Spend spend spend!
Obama will spread the heat as well!
Hahahahahahaha.Who0o0o0oo0o0o wheeeeeeeeee

go broke just to live,Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
MomaMarie

Grand Rapids, MI

#51 Dec 27, 2008
michael g wrote:
Detroit Edison's average residential customer will start paying $2.51 a month more for electricity after state regulators approved a rate increase Tuesday.
This is the headline and the intro. So what DID they raise, the gas or the electric?
Both are going up gas first then electric.

“DRILL FOR OIL?, "YES WE CAN"”

Since: Jul 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#52 Dec 27, 2008
You people are soooooo missing the point.

I will make you think.

Lets say everyone had complete self sustained power for their house, what would happen?.
(wind or solar)

(hint) the state lost 10 mil on gasoline tax from people buying less from the high price we had)
michael g

United States

#53 Dec 28, 2008
enough already wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course its greed. When people refer to the USa as the richest country in the world you dont really thing they are referring to little ol you and me? We are the richest country (one of them at lest) but we have a school system that is falling apart and has NO MONEY, we have a healthcare system that is so lacking that there are kids and adults dying due to lack of care and needs, we have people starving for lack of food, we have a public transportation system that is crap, we have a transportation infrastructure throughout the US that is horrible, bridges that are near collapse, but none of this can be "fixed" because there is NO MONEY, NO FUNDING...but man we got enough bombs to blow the **** out of anyone who we dont like the way they look or think. What a wonderful rich country - GOD damn america.
We spend MORE MONEY on education than anyone. The problem is that the teacher's unions suck it all up, and that money won't fix POOR PARENTING.

As proof, look up the districts in the country with the highest per student spending. You'll find all of the big, liberal Democrat cities. You'll also find the worst educational outcomes.

If you don't like America (and it's obvious you don't), you're free to leave. Isn't that great?
HanginGr

Grand Rapids, MI

#54 Dec 29, 2008
great
HanginGr

Grand Rapids, MI

#55 Dec 29, 2008
cjt from USA wrote:
What are they crazy??? Just jumping on the name of the game (raise prices, while everyone else is). My water bill raised drastically this year, gas went up to almost $4.00, groceries are almost double, etc., now my electric bill will go up. I am sitting in the freezing cold typing this, I may have to get rid of internet soon to pay the rising prices of everything else. They give us tips on how to insulate, new windows, etc., who has the money to do that???? I'm single and don't know how to do it myself. Once everybody loses their homes and move out of Michigan, where will that increase get them. Greed!!!!!!!!! I don't know all the internal workings of Consumers Energy and who is at the bottom of the price increase, but follow McDonalds example, have a value meal menu that pople can afford, and they are making a profit. I bet Consumers Energy CEO's are getting one hell of a bonus. I know I am rambling, but that happens when I get so mad!!!!!!!!!
i think we all hear your pain!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#56 Dec 29, 2008
michael g wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me see. You bought a house that you can't afford. You signed for a mortgage that you can't pay. And that is someone else's fault??
No, it isn't our fault. Due to the wretched economy, my husband being out of work for nearly nine months, and looking at yet another layoff, we could not keep up. Two years ago this time, we were living good.

Never judge, michaelg -- it could happen to you.
michael g

Lawton, MI

#57 Dec 29, 2008
Lucy in Rockford wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it isn't our fault. Due to the wretched economy, my husband being out of work for nearly nine months, and looking at yet another layoff, we could not keep up. Two years ago this time, we were living good.
Never judge, michaelg -- it could happen to you.
Actually, we paid our house off almost two years ago now, so.......

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#58 Dec 29, 2008
michael g wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, we paid our house off almost two years ago now, so.......
Good for you! I hope things continue to go well for you!
Tipsy

Fort Collins, CO

#59 Dec 29, 2008
Lucy in Rockford wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I had more. I've never seen a corporation so UNWILLING to work with someone on hard times.
Tips accepted, here!
There are no tips lucy. Sorry to say. The news is trying to say mortgage companies are working with people/ BS! They are not budging on anything. They are happy that americans are having to leave there dreams to live in ONE home for the rest of there lives! So much for the 700 billion that washington gae them to help? Help what? Themsleves go on more trips and shop a whole lot more! There not available for comment as to where the money is....Great Job Washington! They shouls have gieven the money to the homeowners to pay there mortgages and then let them pay it back at least the money would have gone where it is supposed to.
Tipsy

Fort Collins, CO

#60 Dec 29, 2008
And the gas Hike well seen that coming. Mine said a 1.20 no big deal.
Tipsy

Fort Collins, CO

#61 Dec 29, 2008
Those people work very hard when you need them. They are out working in rain sleet snow wind you name it to keep things going. Some of them have to leave state at times to help other states at there expense. I have several workers in my family I know what they do.
HanginGr

Grand Rapids, MI

#62 Dec 30, 2008
bs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DTE Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DTE, Consumers strike clean energy deal with ba... May 18 Solarman 1
Why are gas and light bills fluctuating each month Mar '18 Loso 1
News Consumers Energy to stop using coal power by 2040 Feb '18 Trump is a joke 1
Security deposit ripoff (Aug '08) Aug '17 Neferteria Gray 22
News DTE Energy DTE Energy announces plan to reduce ... (May '17) May '17 Solarman 1
Outage Map (Mar '17) Mar '17 Oldirongut 1
07/07/2016 Power Outages & Other Frequent Outages (Jul '16) Jul '16 MIresident 2