Consumers energy raises gas rate

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

Detroit Edison's average residential customer will start paying $2.51 a month more for electricity after state regulators approved a rate increase Tuesday.
Comments
1 - 20 of 69 Comments Last updated Feb 1, 2009
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
dan r

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

drumroll please..."and in five years...you"ll be blown away"

Since: Feb 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

HO HO HO & Merry Christmas from Consumers! Gotta do something for them to get their holiday bonuses!
somebody

Zeeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Put food on the table or pay the gas bill. Unemployment rate is rising and so is the cost to heat your home.
Jim S jenison mi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

with the price of gas can we still put our kids through collage. or will the goverment do it for us. lets see if we put the govenor on unimployment wages if we would raise anything.
kkk

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Judged:

Another hidden tax increase for the grandrag regime.....won't be long..... between taxes, energy, and insurance cost..... it will be better off to be homeless
cdc

Belding, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

again rise the rates what the hell!!! and how much more do they want!? i am just glad my power bill is only $20-$30 a month thanks to led light blubs and lcd tv!
mre

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

And this rising rate is on the future fuel for your car that is so much in abundance... I'd like to see what that would do to the cost of operating your car AND heating your home. Shuffle it one way this year and another way in 10 more. As soon as the gas prices went down JG was quickly talking about raising gas taxes to make up for the state's unbalanced budget. She really just doesn't get it at all. The cheaper the gas, the more people will travel, the more gas they will use, the more tax revenue they see, the more tourist revenue, the more money to spend elsewhere, and the more miles on our cars to wear them out sooner so we will buy more. Every year my thermostat gets lower, yet my bills get higher. I also like when prices skyrocketed a few years ago JG was on a mission to find gas stations gouging you by charging you for more gas than you paid for, as if you don't know the size of your gas tank and wouldn't notice a major discrepancy.... Ayeee... I'm sure she'll tell me I am not conserving energy too even though I set my thermostat lower and lower every year, use energy efficient appliances, and caulk like crazy.
stocking stuffer

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

Judged:

yep another dontation to Jenny G and her money tree

“love, loyalty, friendship”

Since: Sep 08

Dutchville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

Judged:

I hate Consumers. What a bunch of greedy money-grubbers.
Bah Hum Bug

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

Judged:

This State really sucks! More $ More $ More $ and where does it come from?!? The Consumers who are struggling to get jobs, that even pay the bills!
Last one out shut the lights out! Michigan sucks!
Jon

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

Judged:

I can't believe some on here are blaming Jenn. Are you stupid or what?

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

Judged:

We have our heat just high enough to prevent the pipes from freezing. When we finally do leave this darned house, we're turning everything off. I hope all the pipes burst.

Please do not have a Merry Christmas, Everhome Mortgage. You su.ck.
uh oh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

Judged:

Firstly, it is not Consumers raising rates, it is Detroit Edison.

Secondly, it has NOTHING to do with Granholm.

This should be laid squarely at the feet of the Michigan Public Service Commission. This entity regulates gas and electric pricing.

Got a beef? Email or write the MPSC today and let them know how you feel.

Probably won't do much good but will make you feel better for having said your piece.
GLINDA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

Another nail on the coffin. thanks

“November 12th, 2011”

Since: Nov 07

up a tree

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

The more that we conserve and cut down on our usage, the more they will need to charge to maintain their profitablity for stockholders. Us consumers will NEVER come out ahead.

“November 12th, 2011”

Since: Nov 07

up a tree

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

Lucy in Rockford wrote:
We have our heat just high enough to prevent the pipes from freezing. When we finally do leave this darned house, we're turning everything off. I hope all the pipes burst.
Please do not have a Merry Christmas, Everhome Mortgage. You su.ck.
If you need any other ideas on how to show your "appreciation" to the mortgage folks please let me know.
Marty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

Way to much now I pay $65.00 a month for a SFR.
pjdutchville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

That will go well with the increase in the electric rates here in Holland.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

MIbowhunter wrote:
<quoted text>If you need any other ideas on how to show your "appreciation" to the mortgage folks please let me know.
I wish I had more. I've never seen a corporation so UNWILLING to work with someone on hard times.

Tips accepted, here!

Since: Apr 08

Grand Rapids MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

They all need to have some regulation on how they can effect us. Putting their thumb to their nose and telling us thier going to raise rates stinks. We need a public service commission that has teeth to it.
Trust us, we're your business's, we know what is good for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent DTE Energy Discussions

Search the DTE Energy Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Vance Miller Kitchens May '14 vella22 1
Security deposit ripoff (Aug '08) May '14 Michael D 13
Fire destroys Detroit flower shop Apr '14 Steve 3
Utility linemen brave cold, ice to restore power (Jan '14) Jan '14 SAME IN cANADA 1
Thousands remain without power for sixth day (Jan '14) Jan '14 SAME IN cANADA 1
long term outage (Dec '13) Dec '13 seeker 1
Livonia fire officials, DTE investigate home blaze (Oct '13) Nov '13 Pete 6
•••
•••