Jobs vs. green energy debate splits Dems at Michigan convention

Sep 8, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Detroit News

A November ballot proposal seeking a 25 percent renewable energy mandate in the state constitution is creating political tension in the Michigan Democratic Party between the party's goals of protecting the environment and protecting union jobs.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Oct 11, 2012
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#1 Sep 9, 2012
Facts, facts, facts. Ignorance of facts deceives an intelligent decision. To be callow indifferent to the facts defines the ignorance to intelligence.
Our Nations security is extremely important. Relying on foreign energies is counter productive to our security. Several have already demonstrated the benefits of Green Alternatives. Some have already are 100% independent of oil and coal. USA finds itself once again as laggards into the new energy fields of the future. Some of our competitors will take drastic measures to of dominance into this new realm gain the leverage and dominance into this new realm. One example is China’s rapid acceleration in the exploiting the Green fields for competition
Should I find myself in a poker game and notice a players is cheating I can get up and leave or have the cheater handicapped from further cheating.
China has NOT been playing on a level field, by their exploiting of their labor forces and their monetary value to the international financial markets. Large lost of our laborer’s jobs. Suppressing our ability to compete on a level field. Are we to follow them by suppressing our innovations and laborer’s? Suggest we continue to lead the Free Liberal International Markets and let them follow.
“The Game Is A-Foot”

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

#2 Oct 11, 2012
al gore - cashing in on green

The man who was within sight of the presidency 12 years ago has transformed himself, becoming perhaps the world’s most renowned crusader on climate change and a highly successful green-tech investor.

Just before leaving public office in 2001, Gore reported assets of less than $2 million; today, his wealth is estimated at $100 million.

Gore charted this path by returning to his longtime passion — clean energy. He benefited from a powerful resume and a constellation of friends in the investment world and in Washington. And four years ago, his portfolio aligned smoothly with the agenda of an incoming administration and its plan to spend billions in stimulus funds on alternative energy.

The recovering politician was pushing the right cause at the perfect time.

Fourteen green-tech firms in which Gore invested received or directly benefited from more than $2.5 billion in loans, grants and tax breaks, part of President Obama’s historic push to seed a U.S. renewable-energy industry with public money.

Washington Post

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DTE Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vance Miller Kitchens May '14 vella22 1
Security deposit ripoff (Aug '08) May '14 Michael D 13
Fire destroys Detroit flower shop Apr '14 Steve 3
Utility linemen brave cold, ice to restore power (Jan '14) Jan '14 SAME IN cANADA 1
Thousands remain without power for sixth day (Jan '14) Jan '14 SAME IN cANADA 1
long term outage (Dec '13) Dec '13 seeker 1
Livonia fire officials, DTE investigate home blaze (Oct '13) Nov '13 Pete 6
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

DTE Energy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••