Walgreen Finds the Right Remedy

Walgreen Finds the Right Remedy

There are 3 comments on the SmartMoney.com story from Feb 23, 2010, titled Walgreen Finds the Right Remedy. In it, SmartMoney.com reports that:

WALGREEN, THE NATION'S LARGEST drugstore chain, is taking a bite out of the Big Apple, with plans to buy Duane Reade, a fabled New York chain, for nearly $1.1 billion, including debt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SmartMoney.com.

andrew

United States

#1 Feb 24, 2010
this company is becoming more and more like CVS.. such a shame
Senior

Cedar Park, TX

#2 Feb 25, 2010
walgreens vs cvs My customers always said " I love Walgreens because they have everything!!! I have heard this for Years! With 5000 items being clearanced out because of downsizing, I find myself saying sorry we used to carry that..Their are a lot of Walmarts in the area, so I fear we will lose to them. Our Pharmacy is strong, but...if they can make ONE stop, they will, somewhere else..People are frenzied these days...One too many stops..too many.
WALLY

United States

#3 Feb 27, 2010
I love Walgreens. There is one on every corner in Chicagoland

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duane Reade Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll should dogs be allowed in all Duane Reade Stores? (Sep '13) Sep '13 hedwig9999 1
News Dollar General Names Richard W. Dreiling CEO (Jan '08) Jul '13 Andrea Rayner 4
News Walgreens promotes Magnacca to executive vice p... (Feb '13) Feb '13 knowit 11
News A Tale of Three CEOs: Romney, Bain, and a Crook... (Aug '12) Aug '12 anneutral 9
dogs inside a pharmacy (May '12) Jul '12 Christopher 2
News New York Man Convicted of Armed Robbery (Sep '08) Aug '10 jb Brooklyn NY 2
News DRSI ReStore! Energy continues retail rollout (Jul '10) Jul '10 Mike Rogers 1
More from around the web