Sales rise in June for Walgreens

Sales rise in June for Walgreens

There are 6 comments on the Drug Store News story from Jul 6, 2010, titled Sales rise in June for Walgreens. In it, Drug Store News reports that:

DEERFIELD,A Ill. Sales at one of the nation's largest drug store chains increased 8.4% for the month of June.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Drug Store News.

STWH

Seattle, WA

#1 Jul 6, 2010
Wonder if they'll give us our hours back now. F*** I hate this s***. "Good job, guys. You've done more with less. Now get used to it."
Ex-Walgreener

Mason, OH

#2 Jul 6, 2010
STWH wrote:
Wonder if they'll give us our hours back now. F*** I hate this s***. "Good job, guys. You've done more with less. Now get used to it."
I think I can answer your question in one word NO!! They don't give two shits about us. If we left they wouldn't blink a eye. Just one or two less people to lay off or have on the payroll.
sage

United States

#3 Jul 6, 2010
it wasn't really an increase... wade was drunk while he was doing the books!
bounced yesterday

AOL

#4 Jul 7, 2010
UP?????????
Are you kidding me? My last day was July 2nd. No cash drop from my store ever hit $2000 since Xmas. They got rid of me to make room for part-timers ie no benefits. Complete set up. Store 12468 is drowning.
EXA

Chester, MT

#5 Jul 7, 2010
Just because sales were up 8.4% does not mean that the company made 8.4% more money. it would be entirely possible for a store to have a big increase in RX sales, but a big decrease in profit.
jabbernow

Palatine, IL

#6 Jul 7, 2010
EXA, you are correct. Note that 3% is attributed to DR acquisition. Sales numbers are for comparison from month to month and yr to yr. A big drop in sales would indicate a probem, however the most important report are the earnings. Many large companies do not even report monthly sales. Wags problem has been high expenses, and the last earnings report showed expenses are still out of control. That is why you are seeing cuts at the store. Corporates efforts to slash expenses. Truth is the earnings reports for this entire fiscal year have been bad. NOW, you should all know, the stores are being bleed in order to support TAKE CARE CLINICS. These clinics have never made money and are costing millions (if not billions) to keep. And yes, store folks are paying the costs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duane Reade Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll should dogs be allowed in all Duane Reade Stores? (Sep '13) Sep '13 hedwig9999 1
News Dollar General Names Richard W. Dreiling CEO (Jan '08) Jul '13 Andrea Rayner 4
News Walgreens promotes Magnacca to executive vice p... (Feb '13) Feb '13 knowit 11
News A Tale of Three CEOs: Romney, Bain, and a Crook... (Aug '12) Aug '12 anneutral 9
dogs inside a pharmacy (May '12) Jul '12 Christopher 2
News New York Man Convicted of Armed Robbery (Sep '08) Aug '10 jb Brooklyn NY 2
News DRSI ReStore! Energy continues retail rollout (Jul '10) Jul '10 Mike Rogers 1
More from around the web