Environmental groups will sue over Mo...

Environmental groups will sue over Mount Storm wind project

There are 6 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from May 20, 2008, titled Environmental groups will sue over Mount Storm wind project. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

A coalition of 11 environmental and citizen groups are planning a lawsuit challenging the NedPower Mount Storm wind project.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lee

Hampton, VA

#1 May 20, 2008
what the hell is wrong with these environmentalist??i'm sorry folks but wind power is a great alternative power source......i'm sick of them,don't drill for oil,don't burn coal ,nothing nuclear,don't use overpriceds gasoline.....if they want to live in the dark and eat grass then i'm sure theres a few places on earth where they can go do just that......i think bats are smart enough to hear the wind turbines and avoid them......no need for for an environmental impact study or and other studys to hold this up.......wind power is good,hydro power is good,animals adapt alot better than we do.....
MOVING OUT

United States

#2 May 20, 2008
I thought wind energy was "green power"? I guess they really don't care about the enviorment like they say they do. They would rather stop any progress and then pat themselves on the back and say how noble they are. Full of BS if you ask me.
BubbaLee

Suffolk, VA

#3 May 20, 2008
Lee wrote:
what the hell is wrong with these environmentalist??i'm sorry folks but wind power is a great alternative power source......i'm sick of them,don't drill for oil,don't burn coal ,nothing nuclear,don't use overpriceds gasoline.....if they want to live in the dark and eat grass then i'm sure theres a few places on earth where they can go do just that......i think bats are smart enough to hear the wind turbines and avoid them......no need for for an environmental impact study or and other studys to hold this up.......wind power is good,hydro power is good,animals adapt alot better than we do.....
Agreed. The enviro wacko's are an outgrowth of the 60's protestors who are part of what I call professional protestors. People who don't feel connected unless they are part of a group and protesting something. I consider myself an environmentalist also but I see the need to balance the needs of society and the environment.

“The Apocalypse is a Myth ”

Since: Feb 08

Buckroe/Phoebus/Fox Hill

#4 May 20, 2008
This is the kind of thing that will stunt utilizing new sources of energy in the U.S. for years to come, be it FREE wind power, solar "farms", a revitalization of nuclear power plant construction, and oil and gas drilling off our coastline. There will always be trade offs between environmentalists and developers but this is absurd. Progress comes at a price, and if the worst thing that they're complaining about is the projected killing of a few squirrels, bats and other animals (and no, I'm not a sadist) they contend are endangered, then I guess nothing will ever get done to reduce our energy needs.
BubbaLee

Suffolk, VA

#5 May 20, 2008
5th Horseman wrote:
This is the kind of thing that will stunt utilizing new sources of energy in the U.S. for years to come, be it FREE wind power, solar "farms", a revitalization of nuclear power plant construction, and oil and gas drilling off our coastline. There will always be trade offs between environmentalists and developers but this is absurd. Progress comes at a price, and if the worst thing that they're complaining about is the projected killing of a few squirrels, bats and other animals (and no, I'm not a sadist) they contend are endangered, then I guess nothing will ever get done to reduce our energy needs.
I'm afraid you're correct,,, I feel like that is the main reason nothings been done since the gas shortages of the early 70's. People want to put the blame on congress but nothing can get done because so many special interest groups keep things in limbo, and meanwhile, things get worse. They're also trying to do the same thing with ethanol production, crying wolf about no food!, food shortages!, high prices on food!,etc. What most people don't realize is the higher the cost of petrol products, the more economical alternative energy becomes, and that will push more effective means of production, whether solar, wind, biofuel, whatever.
AME

Hampton, VA

#6 May 20, 2008
I think Einstein said something to the effect of, "extinction of a species is evidence of failure to adapt." But I guess one of the foremost geniuses that has ever lived is just a moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dominion Resources Black Warrior Trust Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Energy Department approves expanded LNG exports (May '13) May '13 Mr_Bill 3
News Dominion Announces Natural Gas Project (Apr '10) Apr '10 C-Ville Patriot 1
News About 1,400 take Dominion buyout offer - wtvr (Apr '10) Apr '10 crazy indian 7
News Dominion Donates To Environmental Groups (Apr '10) Apr '10 Bud 1
News Dominion to improve natural gas distribution wi... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Sophia Brown d... 2
News Dominion decides to keep W.Va. gas operation - ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 buddy 1
News Dominion gives $1 million to food banks (Dec '08) Jan '09 Joyce 2
More from around the web