jomo123

Scottsdale, AZ

#546 Mar 19, 2011
did you have luck finding the directions to the remote the writing on the instruction manual too tiny- I cannot even read them and I have very good eyesight :-(
arben

Brooklyn, NY

#547 Apr 4, 2011
Maggie wrote:
I purchased a 6 in 1 remote control from $ Tree and have been able to enter the code for my T V .but can't find out how to just turn it on and off. It changes channels and volume when TV is already on ,but can't turn it off and on with remote.
The instructions are so limited and tiny that I have to use a magnifying glass to read.
I would appreciate any help if someone knows how to program this thing.
Thanks
turning on and turning off on this device
[6 in 1 Remote Control (GREENBRIER INTERNATIONAL 871184)]
is the upper right red button
John from Detroit

United States

#548 Apr 21, 2011
Cindy Deninger wrote:
I purchased a universal remote control unit that I think was made by e Circuit Electronics and I am not able to find the code for my US Logic DVD player. Can anyone help me.
Just because this was bought at the Dollar Store, it should still work or else it is just a rip off.
Cindy Deninger
Mine came with an owner's manual... Talk about fine print. No way can I read the codes but I was able to read the auto-search procedure and it APPEARS to be searching as I type.
Press device key.. Then press and hold for FIVE SECONDS the SET-POWER and either CHanUP or Chan DOwn. When you release these keys it will begin to search, it sends a code about every second, when the device responds (turns on or off) press any key. If you are not fast enough do the 3-finger job again Power/Set and Chan up or down) but this time press the other chan key this time, it will search again, in the other direction this time.
renzo

Ocoee, FL

#550 May 19, 2011
Greenbrier Internatiol, Inc. adress is http://www.masonvitamins.com/Pages/contact.ht...
Laurie

Albany, NY

#551 May 20, 2011
John from Detroit wrote:
<quoted text> Mine came with an owner's manual... Talk about fine print.
I thought it was just me! LoL Going back to Dollar Tree for a magnifying glass in a few minutes. I'm too tired and frustrated to try to 'fly by the seat of my pants' and just push buttons! hahaha
J Campbell

Alton, IL

#552 May 30, 2011
I also bought the 6-in-1 Remote Control...What's with the tiny print instruction manual? Somebody trying to save money on ink and paper?

I had Lasik done about 3 years ago and my eyes are perfect, but even I can't focus in on that!

My mother always said, "You get what you pay for"

Glad it was only a dollar...
DOUG

Winchester, VA

#553 May 31, 2011
no one wrote:
here is the manual for remote.
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/files/rc...
I used it and all my devices are working now.
<quoted text>
CODES
shinomorikyo

Marion, OH

#554 Jun 4, 2011
Michael wrote:
Some brands don't even work with a universal remote for example Durabrand. I lost my dvd remote and almost was gonna have to get a new one from the factory but luckily I found it Durabrand doesn't work with universals
actually try orion or samsung (sanyo?) those codes might work. at least I had a different remote and it ran both of those brands at the same time.
Rebecca

Johnstown, PA

#555 Jun 8, 2011
Whether it costs $1 or $10 , we work hard for every single dollar that we have and sometimes you have to look for deals on certain items when you're trying to raise a family. We have every right to complain, it shouldn't be sold if there's a defect.
wen

Sterling Heights, MI

#558 Jun 14, 2011
Steve wrote:
So, you're missing 10 stickers? AFTER you bought the box of stickers you found it had already been opened? Tough luck. Be more observant next time.
In case you missed it in her post, she said it was NOT tampered with (UNTAMPERED) Go back to school!
anon in WA

Tacoma, WA

#559 Jul 6, 2011
Jenny Gage wrote:
I purchased a can of Greenbrier Internatiol, Inc. Island Choice, fruit cocktail, and I found a piece of wood in it. I tried to find an e-mail address for them, but could not. I purchased this can at The Dollar Tree Store in Auburn, Ny. If anyone has an e-mail address or telephone number for them please e-mail me: SGAGE3@rochester.rr.com
MY EXPERIENCE has been great but the brand used to be called Garden of Eden, pickles I am speaking of, I love all of them, they come from India. BUT I saw a jar of pickled mushrooms with Brekenridge Brand which is now the pickle label and the mushrooms came from China! Hmmmmm...
jim

Marietta, GA

#560 Jul 15, 2011
does this work w/o having to give u a bunch of info re:myself
Jim

Marietta, GA

#561 Jul 15, 2011
Wow - this does work w/o a sign up process. I bought 3 pairs of reading glasses at a $1 store (not that they were $1) because I thought it would be nice to have a couple of back ups. Plus they had the 3.50 strength whichcan be hard to find.

I read on the tag that these were distributed by Greenbrier International. Well, I tried each pair of the reading glasses & quickly understood that the lenses must have been made of some kind of cheap material....because when using them...everything is blurred somewhat...which makes them a total waste of money. I had bought a pair of the 3.25 magnification also...with the same results.

Foisting these on the market when they obviously can't be used is what things have come down to these days. Just like on the internet where everything is advertised as free*....yea, right! Oh, but shipping & handling (all this stuff must go through somebody with beautiful hands) usually comes down to $39.95 for an item that is sold for $3. And variations of this are endless.

I guess the executives of Greenbrier figure if people are shopping at a "dollar store"....they are poor & ignorant without enough money/clout to do anything about being ripped off.

One last thought to remember when buying anything today whether it be in a retail sore, internet, or anywhere else.;

CAVIET EMPTOR!!!(let the buyer beware) this is my 2 cents.
Batman

Miami, FL

#562 Jul 24, 2011
I beleve you meant to say Caveat Emptor.
Jim wrote:
Wow - this does work w/o a sign up process. I bought 3 pairs of reading glasses at a $1 store (not that they were $1) because I thought it would be nice to have a couple of back ups. Plus they had the 3.50 strength whichcan be hard to find.
I read on the tag that these were distributed by Greenbrier International. Well, I tried each pair of the reading glasses & quickly understood that the lenses must have been made of some kind of cheap material....because when using them...everything is blurred somewhat...which makes them a total waste of money. I had bought a pair of the 3.25 magnification also...with the same results.
Foisting these on the market when they obviously can't be used is what things have come down to these days. Just like on the internet where everything is advertised as free*....yea, right! Oh, but shipping & handling (all this stuff must go through somebody with beautiful hands) usually comes down to $39.95 for an item that is sold for $3. And variations of this are endless.
I guess the executives of Greenbrier figure if people are shopping at a "dollar store"....they are poor & ignorant without enough money/clout to do anything about being ripped off.
One last thought to remember when buying anything today whether it be in a retail sore, internet, or anywhere else.;
CAVIET EMPTOR!!!(let the buyer beware) this is my 2 cents.
toxicliquid

Pleasantville, NJ

#563 Jul 29, 2011
Luvmysmyl wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with you. The distributor has a responsibility to make itself know to the consumer.
I bought some glow sticks from The Dollar Tree yesterday and one of them cracked open and the contents spilled on a styrofoam plate. Guess what the 'F' happened? It ate thru the darn plate. This morning, the plate is halfway gone! I can't even find the comany info to research to see what's in that stuff!
I had one leak onto my sons dresser and it took off the varnish and the stain right down to the bare wood. Also etched into a plastic flashlight that was nearby. Horrible stuff. Made by the same company.
mjxfingers

Lexington Park, MD

#564 Aug 2, 2011
Greenbrier In'tl again.....got some Cinnamon at Dollar Store. Happened to Google in "benefits of cinnamon" then 10 health benefits of cinnamon, then down the bottom of that article, cinnamon for weight loss and found this:
What Type of Cinnamon to Buy
Make sure to purchase true cinnamon, known as Ceylon cinnamon. Many stores sell cassia, also known as Chinese cinnamon, which is similar in flavor to cinnamon but does not have the same health benefits. In addition, cassia contains coumarin, a toxic component that can cause kidney and liver damage in large amounts. True cinnamon does not contain these toxic levels of coumarin.

It's probably certain Dollar Store cinnamon is NOT from Ceylon. I'm changing brands... google real cinnamon, or research it.
leah leah

Lindsay, OK

#565 Aug 3, 2011
mary - philadelphia wrote:
My brother is a casting agent in New York and went to a symposium one night where they gave away gift bags containing April skin care and cosmetics, to celebreties.
The Eye Gel LITERALLY has taken 10 years off my face within 3 months. I have NO lines left around my eyes no dark circles, and the elasticity is back to where it was in my 20's. I am 44.
mary do you know where to buy that at i got some one time and loved it if you do please email me back
Popeye

Marion, IL

#566 Aug 10, 2011
Always looking for Popeye items if you have seen any at the stores.
Greta

Slidell, LA

#567 Aug 24, 2011
Lisa wrote:
Just an very important FYI!!! Never, and I mean Never buy Any kind of food at the Dollar store!! These are items discounted for a reason. A lot of it comes from places other than the U.S.A. The food therefore does not need to be FDA Regulated. What it boils down to really, and thats no pun intended, is do you really want to ingest something that may put you or those you serve food to in your home, at risk just to save a few cents? Also, Japan has created an industrial town where they make countless items for the U.S.A. however, they have named their little town "USA" sounds like- you sa- They are now permitted to write on the tag, now get this...."Made in USA" BEWARE!
Yes, I purchased some pickled veg. and there was a spider. I am bring it back tomorrow. Gross
Greta

Slidell, LA

#568 Aug 24, 2011
I purchased some pickled veg and there was a spider in it. gross

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dollar Tree Stores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keeping Dollar Tree stocked ! Sep 24 SMinNH 2
Contacting Greenbrier International (Jan '09) Sep 16 tracyhicks 120
MSDS's (Feb '11) Sep 12 Dr Sargent 5
blazin blends new orleans style seafood & chick... (Apr '11) Sep 8 Billy 3
Reusable Bread Bags (Sep '11) Aug '14 MMMI 5
royal norfolk greenbrier international.inc (Feb '08) Jul '14 JSB 123
Dollar Tree buying Family Dollar for $8.5 billion Jul '14 john 1

Dollar Tree Stores People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE