Flying fruit lid sparks $150,000 sett...

Flying fruit lid sparks $150,000 settlement offer to Michigan man

There are 3 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 18, 2010, titled Flying fruit lid sparks $150,000 settlement offer to Michigan man. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A man who says he was knocked unconscious when a lid exploded off a jar of fruit and hit him in the face was offered $150,000 to settle his lawsuit against a grocer and a fruit company.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

nfk

Since: Nov 10

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Nov 18, 2010
Alexander's thought pattern: "Hmmm...I think I'll heat up this jar of fruit, and whack it with something. Nothing I learned in science class would ever lead me to believe this could be dangerous. The only thing school taught me was that I can blame anyone and everyone for my own stupidity, and get paid for it."
Lawyers Are Scum

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Nov 18, 2010
Oh for God sakes! I hope this idiot loses his lawsuit and I pray the lawyer took it on a contingency basis. Even though the lid shouldn't have exploded off the jar like that, he was offered $150,000.00 and should be content with that amount. The article states he wore an eye patch for several weeks but doesn't explain what supposed "permanent damage" his lawyer is talking about. I also don't believe he was knocked unconscious when the lid hit him in the eye. If the blow was that severe, I would think he'd have lost the eye completely. More evidence of greedy scum-bag lawyers convincing clients to go for the brass ring so they can get a lion's share!
Wow

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Nov 18, 2010
I think Mr. Alexander is a "flying fruit lid".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Del Monte Foods Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Milk-Bone to launch clinically efficacious brus... (Jan '14) Feb '14 Sue Wille 2
News Hershey's CEO West jumps to top job at Del Monte (May '11) May '11 Common Sense Soldier 1
News Paso del Norte Health Foundation moving Downtown (Jan '11) Jan '11 LLBD 1
News Lawsuit over exploding lid settled in Michigan (Jan '11) Jan '11 sick 2
News Lawsuit over exploding lid settled in Michigan (Jan '11) Jan '11 duh 2
News Del Monte Foods gets gobbled up | The Columbus ... (Nov '10) Nov '10 brand loyalist 3
News Flying fruit lid sparks $150K settlement offer (Nov '10) Nov '10 Phrank 3
More from around the web