Don't be naive

Don't be naive

There are 79 comments on the The Ukiah Daily Journal story from Oct 4, 2010, titled Don't be naive. In it, The Ukiah Daily Journal reports that:

We would just like to say, having lived in Willits for nearly 23 years, build the bypass, please.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Ukiah Daily Journal.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
the money for your bypass

United States

#1 Oct 5, 2010
the state money for "your" bypass is already gone. Caltrans has already decided to spend it somewhere else, after failing to get needed permits and then saying they couldn't even get the permits if the deadline was extended 18 months. The money being talked about is Mendocino County's own money, much of it the 3rd District's share, which can NOT be allocated outside the county by the governor or anybody else. It can be held aside for another 6 years, or 10 years, or 12 years, or 20 years, or 50 years, putting up with the bad local traffic, while waiting for Caltrans to build THEIR bypass (it never was about Willits), or we can decide to use the money for local traffic solutions that are needed whether Caltrans eventually builds their bypass or not. Those who think Caltrans will start building a bypass in 2012 are the ones who are "naive," or simply confused about the facts, like these letter writers.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2 Oct 5, 2010
NEW LAWS WE NEED TO HAVE FOR CALIFORNIA....

1. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools.

2. All ballots will be in this nation's language.

3. All government business will be conducted in our language.

4. Non-residents will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they are here.

5. Non-citizens will NEVER be able to hold political office.

6. Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, or other government assistance programs. Any burden will be deported.

7. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount at least equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.

8. If foreigners come here and buy land... options will be restricted. Certain parcels including waterfront property are reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.

9. Foreigners may have no protests; no demonstrations, no waving of a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president or his policies. These will lead to deportation.

10. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be actively hunted &, when caught, sent to jail until your deportation can be arranged. All assets will be taken from you.

Too strict? The above laws are current immigration laws of MEXICO !

These sound fine to me. NOW, how can we get these laws to be America’s Immigration Laws?

One final issue. Polls show that over 80% of our population supports Arizona's new laws. Certain Businesses and States want to Boycott Arizona because of these new laws. I say, let them do so, but lets get that 80% who agree with Arizona to boycott those states and those businesses. Then we will see who wins this debate.
GO ARIZONA, GO!!!
Go With One

Ukiah, CA

#3 Oct 5, 2010
MY THOUGHTS 1 wrote:
4. Non-residents will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they are here.
6. Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, or other government assistance programs. Any burden will be deported.
7. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount at least equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.
8. If foreigners come here and buy land... options will be restricted. Certain parcels including waterfront property are reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.
9. Foreigners may have no protests; no demonstrations, no waving of a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president or his policies. These will lead to deportation.
10. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be actively hunted &, when caught, sent to jail until your deportation can be arranged. All assets will be taken from you.
These sound fine to me. NOW, how can we get these laws to be America’s Immigration Laws?
One final issue. Polls show that over 80% of our population supports Arizona's new laws. Certain Businesses and States want to Boycott Arizona because of these new laws. I say, let them do so, but lets get that 80% who agree with Arizona to boycott those states and those businesses. Then we will see who wins this debate.
GO ARIZONA, GO!!!
Then you better go shack up with your buddy One in Puerto Vallarta.

Guess what Thoughts? Your family emmigrated from somewhere too.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4 Oct 5, 2010
MY THOUGHTS 1 wrote:
GO ARIZONA, GO!!!
Yes educated Mexicans laughs at the USA and its immigration policies.
There are jokes in the newspapers and of course on TV if it was not so sad it would be hilarious..

I get teased on a daily basis and the number one point is this.

Don’t you have to be a citizen to vote in the USA?
Don’t you have to be able to speak English to be a citizen?
Then why does the USA allow voting in any other language than English?

The big surprise to many Mexicans is that they can’t believe how stupid these far left loons are……..
Marginalized One

Ukiah, CA

#5 Oct 5, 2010
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes educated Mexicans laughs at the USA and its immigration policies.
There are jokes in the newspapers and of course on TV if it was not so sad it would be hilarious..
I get teased on a daily basis and the number one point is this.
Don’t you have to be a citizen to vote in the USA?
Don’t you have to be able to speak English to be a citizen?
Then why does the USA allow voting in any other language than English?
The big surprise to many Mexicans is that they can’t believe how stupid these far left loons are……..
As usual One only tells part of the story.

Currently, noncitizens vote in seven jurisdictions in the United States, and another three towns have passed local laws but await state enabling legislation to implement. More than a dozen other cities are -- or recently have -- considered restoring immigrant voting rights.

Do the native americans have to speak english to be citizens? There are quite a few Navaho who would beg to differ One.

Do you have a prob with cajuns voting in French?

One is a simple One, can't seem to get beyond the simple concepts. That's what happens when your reading is purely electronic.

Location hidden

#6 Oct 5, 2010
Go With One wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you better go shack up with your buddy One in Puerto Vallarta.
Guess what Thoughts? Your family emmigrated from somewhere too.
THEY STILL HAD TO FOLLOW RULES. IT'S NOT WHERE YOU'VE COME FROM, IT'S DO YOU FOLLOW THE LAWS OF THE LAND..MY FAMILY CAME FROM HOLLAND, GERMANY, FRANCE, AND SO ON, BUT...THEY BECAME AMERICAN'S, AND DIDN'T TRY TO CON WHAT WASN'T THEIRS...
Fiscally Conservative

London, UK

#7 Oct 5, 2010
Mr My Thoughts, How are you feeling? Did the effects of that flu vaccine wear off? Are you still feeling sick? I hope all is well and you are feeling better.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#8 Oct 6, 2010
Marginalized One wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual One only tells part of the story.
Currently, noncitizens vote in seven jurisdictions in the United States, and another three towns have passed local laws but await state enabling legislation to implement. More than a dozen other cities are -- or recently have -- considered restoring immigrant voting rights.
Do the native americans have to speak english to be citizens? There are quite a few Navaho who would beg to differ One.
Do you have a prob with cajuns voting in French?
One is a simple One, can't seem to get beyond the simple concepts. That's what happens when your reading is purely electronic.
Wrong again….

I did not tell either side of the story……………LOL
I gave an opinion you fool………..
If you could only read you would have known that……..

If you don’t like the law then change it………….
As it stands now an immigrant must speak and understand English to become a citizen…….
And if you were not so dumb you would know that native Americans were all granted citizen ship and there is non alive that were not born before the act so they are all citizens…………….LOL

Yes……….No other country would allow voting in a non native language……….
English is the national language so get over it or change it………….

This from the dumbest person on the planet??........LOL
You have no idea what I read but once more you spout off ignorantly…………..LOL

And once more you took the bait……………….
I knew that if I slowly stop replying to your every post on threads the sheepoles started and called them my threads you would start stalking me again and replying from other threads…………

Good job my sheepoles…………….keep it up………….LOL
Fading One

Ukiah, CA

#9 Oct 6, 2010
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again….
I did not tell either side of the story……………LOL
I gave an opinion you fool………..
If you could only read you would have known that……..
If you don’t like the law then change it………….
As it stands now an immigrant must speak and understand English to become a citizen…….
And if you were not so dumb you would know that native Americans were all granted citizen ship and there is non alive that were not born before the act so they are all citizens…………….LOL
Yes……….No other country would allow voting in a non native language……….
English is the national language so get over it or change it………….
This from the dumbest person on the planet??........LOL
You have no idea what I read but once more you spout off ignorantly…………..LOL
And once more you took the bait……………….
I knew that if I slowly stop replying to your every post on threads the sheepoles started and called them my threads you would start stalking me again and replying from other threads…………
Good job my sheepoles…………….keep it up………….LOL
Rampant Ramblings from the fading One. Slowly he spins nearly out of control....the game is still going? Is it halftime yet? When will One get the One boat that he dreamed of as little One?

This melodrama brought to you by.......The John Birch Society, PrisonPlanet, and those happy folks over at RedStateRebel.

They all say..."Thanks to One, we're not Number One"

Now back to our episode....earlier One was defending his right wing extremist stand on immigration...

Location hidden

#10 Oct 6, 2010
Fading One wrote:
<quoted text>
Rampant Ramblings from the fading One. Slowly he spins nearly out of control....the game is still going? Is it halftime yet? When will One get the One boat that he dreamed of as little One?
This melodrama brought to you by.......The John Birch Society, PrisonPlanet, and those happy folks over at RedStateRebel.
Now back to our episode....earlier One was defending his right wing extremist stand on immigration...
WHAT, YOUR RAMBELING AGAIN!!
Just Like One

Ukiah, CA

#11 Oct 6, 2010
MY THOUGHTS 1 wrote:
<quoted text>WHAT, YOUR RAMBELING AGAIN!!
Guess what, you can't even spell rambling!!

“Facts”

Location hidden

#12 Oct 6, 2010
Fading One wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the majority of America must be right wing in your book………LOL

Because according to the polls more than 70% of American feels the way I do about imagration………

Need some poll numbers??
buttered bread

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#13 Oct 6, 2010
Hey... I have an Idea! LOL Lets just make America a suck azz place to live, then no one will want to come here... o.o LOL
Poll for One

Ukiah, CA

#14 Oct 6, 2010
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the majority of America must be right wing in your book………LOL
Because according to the polls more than 70% of American feels the way I do about imagration………
Need some poll numbers??
According to the polls more than 70% of Americans can spell immigration, so that puts you in the minority again One.

Sure post up those poll numbers. Every time you do they are pretty darn underwhelming.

How many points did you get for this One?

“Facts”

Location hidden

#15 Oct 6, 2010
buttered bread wrote:
Hey... I have an Idea! LOL Lets just make America a suck **** place to live, then no one will want to come here... o.o LOL
Those in charge are doing a good job at it as we speak…..
But as long as the lid to the cookie jar is wide open they will continue to flock in.
Hold onto your hat as the ride is getting bumpy….

As I told you before they pretty much shut down any company doing mortgage modification by the restrictions they put in.
Then the government implements their own plan that basically speed up the foreclosure rate.
How?
By making the homeowner sign statements to apply for the help that will work against them if the government help fails and 99% do not get a modification in a government help plan..

The bank bailouts speeded up the foreclosures also.
How?
Simple math.
As a bank (except the FED) must show a balance sheet.
You can not have your number of bad assets (foreclosures) compared to cash on hand exceed a certain percentage.
So if a bank is low on cash they can’t afford to take on any more bad debt (foreclosures) a late payer is not rated as bad as a foreclosure.
Once the Feds give the banks the cash they can then go foreclose on more properties and add them to their inventory.
Dance One

United States

#16 Oct 6, 2010
buttered bread wrote:
Hey... I have an Idea! LOL Lets just make America a suck **** place to live, then no one will want to come here... o.o LOL
Like Mexico!
Dance mr. One Dance! Ahahahahaha Mexico the slime country that thinks you are educated! Ahahahahaha those Mexicans sure can make us laugh! Ahahahahaha
Nobody is replying to your threads Lame One. Ahahahahaha
Bimbo One

Amity, OR

#17 Oct 6, 2010
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Those in charge are doing a good job at it as we speak…..
But as long as the lid to the cookie jar is wide open they will continue to flock in.
Hold onto your hat as the ride is getting bumpy….
As I told you before they pretty much shut down any company doing mortgage modification by the restrictions they put in.
Then the government implements their own plan that basically speed up the foreclosure rate.
How?
By making the homeowner sign statements to apply for the help that will work against them if the government help fails and 99% do not get a modification in a government help plan..
The bank bailouts speeded up the foreclosures also.
How?
Simple math.
As a bank (except the FED) must show a balance sheet.
You can not have your number of bad assets (foreclosures) compared to cash on hand exceed a certain percentage.
So if a bank is low on cash they can’t afford to take on any more bad debt (foreclosures) a late payer is not rated as bad as a foreclosure.
Once the Feds give the banks the cash they can then go foreclose on more properties and add them to their inventory.
Yep, that makes perfect sense if you don't think about it!
God you are funny Mr. One. My gut is busting I'm laughing so hard.
Are you comming to the Waldorf halloween party as the Mexican Bimbo One?

Ahahahaha, you won't show just like you don't show at OCO. What a COWARD you are!
Ahahahahaha, Bang a Gong.
buttered bread

United States

#18 Oct 7, 2010
Just Like One wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess what, you can't even spell rambling!!
He is not much of a thinker is he... He should name himself (MY REACTION) as it is right now, his name is an oxymoron to his posts! LOL
Marvin C Gentz

San Francisco, CA

#19 Oct 7, 2010
MY THOUGHTS 1 wrote:
GO ARIZONA, GO!!!
I think all of these are dumn narrow minded ideas. If Mexico believes these things, then Mexico is a dumn narrow minded and that is why they are are 6rd world country. We should not emulate their social backwardness.

Let me just address one of these proposals. Bilingual programs are excellent.
Most of the countries which exceed the US in educational achievement also believe that all students should learn a second language. Many believe that you cannot be granted a graduate degree unless you are proficient in a second language. Bilingual programs result in increased achievement for both groups. Caucasion achievement is not damaged. Students who are proficient in two languages are measurably better students that those who learn in only one language.

The racial purity you desire is damaging to our students.

Arizona's behavior is simply illegal and for obvious reasons.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#20 Oct 8, 2010
Marvin C Gentz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think all of these are dumn narrow minded ideas. If Mexico believes these things, then Mexico is a dumn narrow minded and that is why they are are 6rd world country. We should not emulate their social backwardness.
Let me just address one of these proposals. Bilingual programs are excellent.
Most of the countries which exceed the US in educational achievement also believe that all students should learn a second language. Many believe that you cannot be granted a graduate degree unless you are proficient in a second language. Bilingual programs result in increased achievement for both groups. Caucasion achievement is not damaged. Students who are proficient in two languages are measurably better students that those who learn in only one language.
The racial purity you desire is damaging to our students.
Arizona's behavior is simply illegal and for obvious reasons.
There is nothing wrong with children learning multiple languages, but that is not the subject.

Voting in every possible language and the cost associated with it are ludicrous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daily Journal Corp SC Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News OJ Simpson-Minnesota (Jun '08) Apr '11 bigbiggityben 4
News MCSO finds 89 marijuana plants growing in proba... (Sep '10) Oct '10 Willits Watcher 29
News City sets aside $185K for rail fight (Mar '10) Mar '10 Burlingamer 1
News Several hearings scheduled for marijuana cases (Oct '09) Oct '09 I hate bums 23
News Write it on the blackboard 100 times (Oct '09) Oct '09 Rush 1
News Berg out as Daily Journal editor (Jun '09) Jun '09 Vasco DeGama 1
News Orange County's `spit and acquit' plan sparks f... (Apr '09) Apr '09 actually 2
More from around the web