DISH to Tap Netflix Customers

Sep 19, 2011 Full story: Zacks 26

Analyst Report ), in an attempt to capitalize on the recent price hike from the leading on-demand internet streaming media Netflix, Inc.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nomo Blockbuster

Valencia, CA

#1 Sep 22, 2011
Not interested, Delusional Dish. You're wasting your time.

“truth is a three edged sword”

Since: Jan 11

Babylon 5, Epsilon Eridani

#2 Sep 23, 2011
it depends upon their announcement today whether or not they are on the right track especially since netflix now wants to sell your viewing history - if they get a certain law repealed.

http://www.fastcompany.com/1782164/facebook-n...
Nomo Blockbuster

Valencia, CA

#3 Sep 23, 2011
"A Stream Come True"?!? How cheesy can you get?
bb is winning

Billings, MT

#4 Sep 23, 2011
O common mono like delusioal dish and big blue turd aren't cheesy not to mention qwuickster

“Expect to get what you give.”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#5 Sep 23, 2011
Make it available without Dish Network and we've got a deal!

I'd appreciate not having to wait 28 days for a Fox/Universal new release like DumFlix has me doing now.
Nomo Blockbuster

Valencia, CA

#6 Sep 23, 2011
Blockbuster's stock lost roughly half of its value in a day and that's on the scale of 18 cents down to 9 cents. Pathetic.
Nomo Blockbuster

Valencia, CA

#7 Sep 23, 2011
Why Dish/Blockbuster Streaming Won't Wound Netflix

http://allthingsd.com/20110923/why-the-dishbl...

Location hidden

#8 Sep 23, 2011
Why would Blockbuster need to "wound netflix?"

Netflix seems to be on a suicide mission, Blockbuster is just one alternative.

Blockbuster certainly will compete with Qwikster since Blockbuster did not make asinine concessions to release DVDs 28 days later than everyone else.

And as far as Netflix goes I have it right now and the selection for streaming just plain sucks!

The one advantage Netflix had was bundled dvd and streaming. Now that Netflix has decided to cut their own throat everyone else will just pick up business.

It isn't a Blockbuster decision that makes Blockbuster more attractive, it's a stupid Netflix decision that does. Even Hulu will benefit from Netflix making ridiculous decisions.

#9 Sep 23, 2011
blockbuster messed up big time. They had a chance to do some damage to netflix and failed to use it. Instead they want to do what hbo is doing with hbo to go and comcast xfinity service where you have to subscribe to their main tv package in order to benefit from their streaming. Netflix still does not have any competition. Amazon prime is close but not close enough.

Over the past few weeks netflix has irate customers with their poorly designed website, price hikes, splitting of service, and trying to get congress to change a law so they can sell your viewing information to facebook and who knows who else. What is next?

#10 Sep 23, 2011
Mychal wrote:
Why would Blockbuster need to "wound netflix?"
Netflix seems to be on a suicide mission, Blockbuster is just one alternative.
Blockbuster certainly will compete with Qwikster since Blockbuster did not make asinine concessions to release DVDs 28 days later than everyone else.
actually blockbuster do have to wait 28 days for some new releases. Nor do netflix have to wait 28 days for all new releases. It depends upon the studio.

http://www.slashfilm.com/blockbuster-longer-r...

Location hidden

#11 Sep 23, 2011
my truths wrote:
blockbuster messed up big time. They had a chance to do some damage to netflix and failed to use it. Instead they want to do what hbo is doing with hbo to go and comcast xfinity service where you have to subscribe to their main tv package in order to benefit from their streaming. Netflix still does not have any competition. Amazon prime is close but not close enough.
Over the past few weeks netflix has irate customers with their poorly designed website, price hikes, splitting of service, and trying to get congress to change a law so they can sell your viewing information to facebook and who knows who else. What is next?
I agree Blockbuster will be kicking itself for not recognizing the increase in business they could have if they had introduced this to everyone. Instead people who want a streaming option will go elsewhere.

But NUTflix (Qwikster) will always have it's loyal kooks, willing to pay to wait 28 days later for New Release Universal & Fox titles, as some comments here prove.

Location hidden

#12 Sep 23, 2011
my truths wrote:
<quoted text>
actually blockbuster do have to wait 28 days for some new releases. Nor do netflix have to wait 28 days for all new releases. It depends upon the studio.
Thanks for the info. I have just started a trial of Blockbuster and noticed a new release in my queue available "10/04/2010" from Blockbuster that Netflix won't have available for me until "Unknown"

Location hidden

#13 Sep 23, 2011
my truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you provide any other source for this info because i just called Blockbuster and they say this is not true that DVDs are not delayed by 28 days like Netflix. and as i explained before the same dvd release in both queues has very different availability. Available on Blockbuster LONG before Netflix.

Just to be clear Blockbuster just explained the story you posted is not true. DVD availability in my Blockbuster V. Netflix queue does not support your links information either.

Location hidden

#14 Sep 23, 2011
my truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay I just realized what you did.

You compared Netflix by mail with Blockbuster Kiosks.

This policy does not apply to the DVD by mail service between Netflix and Blockbuster.

Blockbuster by mail still provides these titles 28 days BEFORE Netflix.

#15 Sep 23, 2011
Mychal wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you provide any other source for this info because i just called Blockbuster and they say this is not true that DVDs are not delayed by 28 days like Netflix. and as i explained before the same dvd release in both queues has very different availability. Available on Blockbuster LONG before Netflix.
Just to be clear Blockbuster just explained the story you posted is not true. DVD availability in my Blockbuster V. Netflix queue does not support your links information either.
there are all kinds of links to different sources just by doing a search. who is your source, some clerk at a local blockbuster?

Location hidden

#16 Sep 23, 2011
my truths wrote:
<quoted text>
there are all kinds of links to different sources just by doing a search. who is your source, some clerk at a local blockbuster?
No customer service at Blockbuster online gave me the information.

It's irrelevant though because your link only applies to Blockbuster Kiosks not DVDs by mail or stores.

Netflix doesn't even have kiosks, so this is apples and oranges.

Blockbuster does not make you wait 28 days to get ANY new releases as a DVD by mail customer. Netflix does make you wait 28 days longer for Fox & Universal titles.
bb is winning

United States

#17 Sep 23, 2011
Mono blockbuster rose to .18 today and settled at. 11 it ha a limited loss from yesterdays close. Don't talk stock you don't know what you talking about because the stock is still up 60% from monday which is great gains in a week. The cool thing is today we saw the potential gains and how valuable BB stock can be. If the press release would of announced there streaming product to everyone the stock value would have skyrocketed!!!

#18 Sep 23, 2011
Mychal wrote:
<quoted text>
No customer service at Blockbuster online gave me the information.
It's irrelevant though because your link only applies to Blockbuster Kiosks not DVDs by mail or stores.
Netflix doesn't even have kiosks, so this is apples and oranges.
Blockbuster does not make you wait 28 days to get ANY new releases as a DVD by mail customer. Netflix does make you wait 28 days longer for Fox & Universal titles.
how about you give a valid source. All the sources I have says blockbusters does wait for some new releases from certain studios. I have given you one and I can give others including universal studios, cnet and more. You have yet to give any or is you cannot because you are basing your information from the commercials blockbuster had before their waiting period started. So please, unless you have actual facts with valid sources, your opinions are worthless.

Location hidden

#19 Sep 23, 2011
my truths wrote:
<quoted text>
how about you give a valid source. All the sources I have says blockbusters does wait for some new releases from certain studios. I have given you one and I can give others including universal studios, cnet and more. You have yet to give any or is you cannot because you are basing your information from the commercials blockbuster had before their waiting period started. So please, unless you have actual facts with valid sources, your opinions are worthless.
How about you read your own source? I misread it and believed it was about Blockbuster which is why I called Blockbuster who set me straight.

YOUR SOURCE says it applies to the KIOSKS ONLY.

That's why you're comparing apples and oranges. The link has nothing to do with Blockbuster by mail dvd service.

BLOCKBUSTER BY MAIL (AND IN STORE) DOES NOT MAKE YOU WAIT 28 EXTRA DAYS FOR NEW RELEASES!

NETFLIX MAKES YOU WAIT AN EXTRA 28 DAYS FOR UNIVERSAL AND FOX TITLES.

I hope you'll better read and understand your own information as it does not apply to a comparison of DVD by mail services.
Nomo Blockbuster

Newhall, CA

#20 Sep 24, 2011
Blockbuster is not a good value when all is said and done. Just leave them behind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DISH Network Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dish Network $50 off coupon code (Apr '14) Dec 14 johhn123 2
Dish Network lied to my 81 yr. old Mother. Nov '14 Roscoe 3
Dish Network literally forced me to Direct TV Oct '14 CustomerServiceRep 2
Turner Networks Removes Channels from DISH as C... Oct '14 brookej76 2
Cutting costs Sep '14 Fred 1
Dish NET INTERNET Aug '14 MTMAN 1
Regina Kessinger (Apr '14) Apr '14 Whoever 1
More from around the web