WVIR-TV and DISH Reach Agreement - NB...

WVIR-TV and DISH Reach Agreement - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

There are 16 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jan 1, 2012, titled WVIR-TV and DISH Reach Agreement - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

As was promised when it appeared a new carriage agreement with DISH would not be reached before expiration of the current contract, WVIR-TV continued negotiations throughout the day New Year's Eve hoping to achieve an equitable arrangement which would keep NBC29 and CW29 on the DISH Network.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

fan of 29

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jan 1, 2012
Glad ya'll can to agreement I like 29 NBC Thanks so much
fan of 29

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jan 1, 2012
Glad we got 29NBC
Elizabeth wisbauer

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jan 1, 2012
thanks for not taking anything away
Foxtrot

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jan 1, 2012
So who blinked first, bet the impact of lost revenue from advertising secondary to decreased market share would hurt 29 more then Dish would have lost from subscribers. Looking at the NBC lineup, really just watch Today and Meet the Press and both of those have gone down since the death of Tim Russert.

Only thing I would have missed on 29 would be Norm, he seems to be the only one who isn't full of himself, he is the old school TV weatherman, an entertainer, not a meteorologist.
jeremy

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jan 1, 2012
i appreciate yall coming to an agreement.
JCS

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jan 1, 2012
So long forever!
a relieved FMB in Greene

AOL

#8 Jan 2, 2012
I have to agree with "Foxtrot" that businesses around Cville would have been hurt by NBC29 not being on DISH...
But thanks NBC29 for getting negotiations squared away...hope to watch the network for many years to come!
JCS

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Jan 2, 2012
Yes, there was an agreement and yes, many people did call DISH and no we should not have to have called DISH! There are other avenues to get news on a daily basis. Most of the news coming from NBC29 is crime-related, about the Charlottesville City Council, and about the poor homeless drunks and drug addicts. Let the police worry about the crime, let the City Council take care of the city and please, for God's sake move the homeless somewhere off the street so that we do not have to be impeded with requests for money so that they can go buy drugs and alcohol! Happy New Year

To the comment that I am :clueless", you have no idea. I have paid attention to the news here in Charlottesville for quite some years; it is the same stuff re-packaged and put on the air. Remember, NBC29 cannot survive withits viewers who bring in money from all of the advertising on the channel. Happy New Year and good bye forever NBC29!
Guy Fawkes

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Jan 2, 2012
I'm guessing but those that watch 29 might in fact watch NBC network news. If thats true then I can understand why we're in deep do do, network news is as useless as...................
Mary

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Jan 3, 2012
I never watch 29. NBC doesn't have any good shows anyway. Don't get me started about that local newscast.
Sports Fan

Verona, VA

#12 Jan 3, 2012
OK, I guess it is good that we still have NBC29, but how about giving us the HD feed instead of the fuzzy feed??? For watching sports, I would prefer just about any NBC affiliate that would provide HD, and would be more than willing to give up the local 'news' for it.
Disillusioned

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Jan 3, 2012
Glad to keep local news and especially local weather. The Weather Channel on TV gives Richmond or DC -- big difference from this area.
walose

Dacula, GA

#14 Jan 3, 2012
dish sucks.You will never see 29 stations on dish if there is any kind of bad weather!

Since: Aug 10

United States

#15 Jan 3, 2012
Had Dish for a long time with locals....while it's true that local channels are particularly susceptible to interference due to relative location of the satellite that carries them, the above post is plain untrue in my experience.
oldman

Fork Union, VA

#16 Jan 3, 2012
walose wrote:
dish sucks.You will never see 29 stations on dish if there is any kind of bad weather!
I've only lost signal once due to weather. If you are losing it so frequently then you have a serious misalignment on your feedhorn.
Disillusioned

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Jan 3, 2012
oldman wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are losing it so frequently then you have a serious misalignment on your feedhorn.
Ouch!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DISH Network Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
211z out put connections May 15 vernatod 1
Dish refusal to keep my account info private is... Mar '16 chezzie 7 2
NBCU Warns Viewers About Dish Impasse Losing Ch... Mar '16 AngryDishCustomer 1
Dish Network literally forced me to Direct TV (Sep '14) Jan '16 jerry carter 5
News DISH Subscriber Information Guide Jan '16 Ladyreese 1
cbs Jan '16 mavritykel 1
Dish Network $50 off coupon code (Apr '14) Dec '15 aobero4 13
More from around the web