Dish Network CEO seeks upper hand ove...

Dish Network CEO seeks upper hand over Sirius XM as clock ticks...

There are 15 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 11, 2009, titled Dish Network CEO seeks upper hand over Sirius XM as clock ticks.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A battle is brewing for control of Sirius XM Radio Inc., with uncertain consequences for the nearly 20 million people who use the satellite radio service to listen to music, sports and personalities from Howard ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Abbie

United States

#1 Feb 13, 2009
Sirius,
You took my punk station away. I'm glad you're going belly-up.
tonythetiger

Palatine, IL

#2 Feb 13, 2009
Yup Abbie, now we're all about to get punked.
Albigensian

Morristown, NJ

#3 Feb 13, 2009
Looks like investment sin Sirius are proving to be more of a dog than a star.
sowhat

Northbrook, IL

#4 Feb 13, 2009
I hope Stern cashed his millions of stock, since it doesn't appear to be worth anything now.

Since: Nov 08

United States

#5 Feb 13, 2009
As long as I get Stern in the morning, I dont care.
Jeff

Macomb, IL

#6 Feb 13, 2009
I don't doubt they are going under. They keep raising their prices. Their customer service is totally horrible. How long did anyone think people would care about Howard Stern? I mean a half-billion dollars for someone smitten with his own voice? C'mon? I have a subscription for my mom and dad from a gift I bought them a few years ago. Otherwise, my XM radios sit silent. XM/SIRIUS seems to have forgotten it is a nice-to-have luxury and needs to reposition itself with high-quality service and take a better look at its stable of on-air talent.
Brian

Riverside, CA

#7 Feb 13, 2009
Brilliant move if you were able to buy in @ $0.06 per share. But at that time I even thought they were going belly up. I remember that morning stock opened @ 0.06 from 0.12 and I had bought in @ 0.16 three months ago...............so you know I was feeling really bad. Now I'm looking to get above 0.16 and would probally sell @ .32 - 0.48.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#8 Feb 13, 2009
I smell a bail out request. If they have a company to buy them so be it!

“Stimulate THIS!”

Since: Aug 08

West Frankfort, IL

#9 Feb 13, 2009
Sooooo glad I didn't buy Sirius a few years ago when it was around $10/share. Can you believe XM 4 years ago was $28/share. Me smells a public ponzi scheme.

Really love my Sirius and I was and still against the merger. XM programming blows.

“Stimulate THIS!”

West Frankfort, IL

#10 Feb 13, 2009
ArtiesDana wrote:
As long as I get Stern in the morning, I dont care.
hey Artie, why all the sick days? Get over Dana dude, she ain't coming back to a drugged up loser. Just keep bangin' the strippers/playmates Howard brings in.

“Stimulate THIS!”

West Frankfort, IL

#11 Feb 13, 2009
I love Sirius and the whole idea is very good but they have a BAD business model. They overstated their subscription penetration and gave to much to Stern. Now would Stern have come over for less? I believe so since he was dying on over-the-air radio. Stern I hope you DIDN'T cash in your stock and thus it is now worthless.
Oscar

Las Vegas, NV

#12 Feb 13, 2009
Potty-mouthed Howard Stern is getting 500 MILLION bucks in 5 years. For that alone, Sirus XM deserves to go broke.
JHanzel

Des Plaines, IL

#13 Feb 13, 2009
I don't dislike Howard Stern that much, but never liked his on-air personality. Given the restraint that the government is asking from people who really work for a living, I believe $500,000 a year for him would be just fine. I'd talk like he does for a lot less.
Brian

Riverside, CA

#14 Feb 13, 2009
WOW!!!$500M over 5 years??? Damn, A-Rod got a "quarter of a BILLION " over 10 years, they must have been smoking some really good shit.....WHILE.....they were negotiations his contract. I use to watch his show that use to come on maybe 10-15 years ago, but it was alot of DRY HUMOR. I just hope they get the right CEO in charge of SIRI and I feel DirecTV would be the best move to borrow the money from. I would not be suprised if DTV stock dives after the merger. Also I bought a new vehicle in 2008 and my free 6 month subscription is going to run out any day now, and I will pay for basic monthly service, the music is far superior to the crap they play on the am / fm radio. For example, I always get the latest ROCK and HIP-HOP songs 3 - 4 weeks before the radio plays it, NO COMMERCIALS, NO EDITS..........this might sould crazy, but with digital TV taking over, WE SHOULD KILL am/fm radio. I can't wait to get sat radio upgraded in my home. THE STIMULIS PACKAGE needs to include sat radio in all GOV building and business to rec TARP. LOL SIRI is a BUY,BUY,BUY. I'm would not be suprised if by TUESDAY 02-17-09, when the markets open up, the price for SIRI is 0.19 per share. And by mid summer shares will be in the 0.50 range:)
Brian

Riverside, CA

#15 Feb 13, 2009
STOCK MARKETS / BANKS ARE CLOSED MONDAY 02-16-2009 in observation of Presidents Day. You know SIRI is going to open up high on Tuesday. GET $$$$$

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DISH Network Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dish Network $50 off coupon code (Apr '14) Jul 5 DISH REFERRAL CODES 17
Dish Referral Codes (Dec '15) Jul 2 Timothy Bonesteel 7
Time to check out Direct TV? Jun 29 freetek 1
program recording specific range of time? Apr '17 tbakko 1
Guide Mar '17 OKD 1
DVR to stay on channel watching. Mar '17 BearBrown 1
OTA dongle #ES194858 for Hopper Jan '17 45RPM 1
More from around the web