Sirius XM Radio says it could file fo...

Sirius XM Radio says it could file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy

There are 7 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 14, 2009, titled Sirius XM Radio says it could file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Financially strapped Sirius XM Radio Inc. said it could file for bankruptcy as early as Tuesday if it cannot reach an agreement to refinance debt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Molly

Tampa, FL

#1 Feb 14, 2009
Howard Stern and Martha Stewart can go into oblivion; I've never cared for them.
Anonymous

Columbia, MD

#2 Feb 16, 2009
As an XM subscriber since Sept 2002, and one who thinks the money being paid to (by Sirius) Martha, Stern et al was/is a colossal waste............good. Restructure, Drop them and give us back the radio with less talk, more music and XM like DJ's Cuz those Sirius ones rot..
R J Yonker

Aledo, IL

#3 Feb 16, 2009
What would happen if you have already just paid one year ahead on two radios. Anyone know????
R J Yonker

Aledo, IL

#4 Feb 16, 2009
I also think who ever gave Howard Stern, Martha, Oprah, all that money to people that are already rich mush have been brain dead. What were they thinking???? No one on planet earth is worth that much money.
Anonymous

Columbia, MD

#5 Feb 16, 2009
As for your money?? I suppose you are in theory good till the next payment window. Just think if you paid the lifetime payment and they went outta business in a year..

That you wouldnt get back..
Jim

Tampa, FL

#6 Feb 16, 2009
I have been an XM subscriber since 2001. My wife, daughter and son as well as myself have radios. After the merger, the 70's and 80's channals, started with DJ's that have the mental capacity of first graders. The DJ's stupid jokes, and talking over the songs make the service suck. We cancelled three of my four subscriptions, with me being the lone subscriber. When my year is up I am gone too. Not worth paying for the service when broadcast radio has much more intelligent DJ's. Just have to listen to a few commercials. Its worth it!. Sorry to all the stock holders, but they dont listen to the subcribers, now I am leaving also.....
K ROGER

Victorville, CA

#7 Feb 16, 2009
When will US Mega Corporations realize that giving millions of dollars to radio hosts, athletes, actors/actress,CEOs, and much more is utter waste?
Now they are all in trouble,and looking for help.
One word,restructure!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DISH Network Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
program recording specific range of time? Apr '17 tbakko 1
Guide Mar '17 OKD 1
DVR to stay on channel watching. Mar '17 BearBrown 1
OTA dongle #ES194858 for Hopper Jan '17 45RPM 1
Dish Referral Codes (Dec '15) Jan '17 madgrad 6
additional Joey hook-up (Nov '16) Nov '16 bob 1
Dish Network $50 off coupon code (Apr '14) Oct '16 jbrush 16
More from around the web