$530M keeps Sirius on the air

$530M keeps Sirius on the air

There are 9 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Feb 18, 2009, titled $530M keeps Sirius on the air. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Sirius XM Radio staved off a possible bankruptcy filing Tuesday when Liberty Media agreed to invest $530 million in the only U.S. satellite radio provider.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Eezyduzit

Chesapeake, VA

#1 Feb 18, 2009
Let 'em go. I'm not renewing my subscription as a direct result of the advertisements.
Thank Howard Stern

Yorktown, VA

#2 Feb 18, 2009
Look at what the 'King Of All Media" has done. Where are the millions of subscribers that Stern promised?

Stern's vulgarian performances did not deliver anything to satellite radio but bankruptcy.
Mad at Sirius

Yorktown, VA

#3 Feb 18, 2009
Sirius cut some of my favorite channels. It's nowhere as good as it was before 'consolidation'
Well lookie here

Yorktown, VA

#4 Feb 18, 2009
Howard Stern says he will leave satellite by next January.
Eezyduzit wrote:
Let 'em go. I'm not renewing my subscription as a direct result of the advertisements.
Aaron

Poway, CA

#5 Feb 20, 2009
your an idiot.. Sirius can thank howard for trumping XM and bringing millions of subscribers. without howard XM would have probably taken over sirius.
Thank Howard Stern wrote:
Look at what the 'King Of All Media" has done. Where are the millions of subscribers that Stern promised?
Stern's vulgarian performances did not deliver anything to satellite radio but bankruptcy.
Aaron

Poway, CA

#6 Feb 20, 2009
another lie.. where do you people get your information from?
Well lookie here wrote:
<quoted text>
Jim Nap

Allentown, PA

#7 Feb 22, 2009
I don't want to turn this into a Howard Stern debate, but when the company had 600,000 before he signed and 6,000,000 a year later....now 20,000,000...I would say it's safe to say he is pulling his own weight.
Eezyduzit

Chesapeake, VA

#8 Feb 24, 2009
Did you read what I wrote? I don't care about Howard Stern. I care about commercials on the stations I actually listen to.
Well lookie here wrote:
<quoted text>
Chelle7822

Springfield, IL

#9 Feb 24, 2009
$530 million...isn't that Stern's salary?

Just get rid of him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DISH Network Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dish charges for technicians coming out! May 9 Trueconsumer84 1
Dish Network $50 off coupon code (Apr '14) Apr '15 william 5
Dish anywhere user Apr '15 Dish anywhere user 2
Dish Network literally forced me to Direct TV (Sep '14) Feb '15 trojwl 3
Problem getting rid of written captions on scr... Feb '15 kenward42 1
Dish NET INTERNET (Aug '14) Jan '15 caroberts61 2
Leafs-Ducks game Jan '15 leafs-ducks 1
More from around the web