Quest labs pays $302M as part of guil...

Quest labs pays $302M as part of guilty plea in fraud

There are 1 comment on the Newsday story from Apr 15, 2009, titled Quest labs pays $302M as part of guilty plea in fraud. In it, Newsday reports that:

A subsidiary of Quest Diagnostics, the New Jersey -based medical testing company, pleaded guilty to a felony charge of misbranding in Brooklyn federal court Wednesday and Quest agreed to pay $302 million to settle charges that it marketed a flawed renal testing kit that produced inaccurate results.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Not Impressed

Milford, CT

#2 Apr 15, 2009
"Thomas Cantor, chief executive of Scantibodies Clinical Laboratories in El Cajon, Calif., who will collect $45 million of the settlement under federal laws that reward citizens who expose frauds against the government."

45 million? Hey I'm all for rewarding Mr Cantor, but 45 million sounds insanely bloated. And we wonder why health care and insurance is so expensive!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quest Diagnostics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quest Diagnostics Jan '16 Rob 1
News Some beards are crappy because they are (May '15) May '15 geri 1
News Dr. Marc Siegel: Hospitals 'cash in' on exorbit... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Mike Dolan 1
Closing of St. Louis lab and rerouting (Nov '06) Jan '12 Michael 3
Quest Diagnostic Fires 27 Local Employees (Nov '10) Nov '10 concerned student 1
News Pre-hire drug tests are up -- a key sign of emp... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Doobie Brother 26
News Health center breaks ground in Corning (Dec '09) Dec '09 Corning Granny 2
More from around the web