State sues labs for overbilling

State sues labs for overbilling

There are 2 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Mar 20, 2009, titled State sues labs for overbilling. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

A lawsuit detailed Friday by the state accuses giant medical testing labs Quest Diagnostics and Laboratory Corp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

Robert J G Jackson Sr

Long Beach, CA

#1 Mar 21, 2009
I congratulate the Attorney General for trying to get the money belonging to the public returned. I wonder why it has taken him all this time to find the problem? I wonder why none of the other obvious frauds in the MediCal system aren't being pursued? There is certainly systematic abuse, as there is with any other large pile of public money.
Sally Young

Abington, PA

#2 Jul 26, 2009
Important – Must Read:
Your insurance carrier can not force you to go to Quest Diagnostics for your lab work. Under the law in each State, an insurance carrier MUST provide you with the name of a Second Laboratory facility. Just because your insurance company has a contract with Quest Diagnostics, they can't force you to go there. Call your insurance carrier and tell them the following - You don't want to go to Quest Diagnostics and you want the name of the second laboratory service that you know they allow under your plan. If they give you the run-a-around, you tell them that you had called your State's Insurance Commissioner's office, and was told "no one can force you to go to just one lab, and you must provide the name of the second approved lab service. They have to give you the name.

Special Note: I called my State's Insurance Commission's Office; I was told that no insurance carrier can force you to go to one laboratory. Your insurance company must provide you with the name of the second lab facility. Was also informed that your insurance company won't tell you this freely, and they keep it a secret. Again, most people are unaware that you have this right under your insurance plan. SO CALL YOUR INSURANCE CARRIER AND GET THE NAME OF THE SECOND LAB AND DON'T GO TO QUEST DIAGNOSTICS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quest Diagnostics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Some beards are crappy because they are May 3 geri 1
News Dr. Marc Siegel: Hospitals 'cash in' on exorbit... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Mike Dolan 1
Closing of St. Louis lab and rerouting (Nov '06) Jan '12 Michael 3
Quest Diagnostic Fires 27 Local Employees (Nov '10) Nov '10 concerned student 1
News Pre-hire drug tests are up -- a key sign of emp... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Doobie Brother 26
News Health center breaks ground in Corning (Dec '09) Dec '09 Corning Granny 2
News Quest Diagnostics Brings Genetic Testing For Pl... (Oct '09) Oct '09 JohnARNP 2
More from around the web