express hiring incident
Concerned Mother

Lexington, NC

#1 Dec 22, 2011
I have a question to ask for those of you who are really knowledgeable about the Dollar general business. My son has been trying to get a job for the past five months. He was finally able to get an interview with the manager at the local reatil store, Dollar general. Afterwards he was told to go to express hiring and fill out the forms for a background check. He was also told to log in with his ssn and that his password would be his birthday, only four digits. He did as he was told but he came up as invalid. I took him back to dollar general the next day to see what went wrong and the manager said that it must have been something he had typed in wrong. Supposedly his ssn. She had told us that she would contact HRIS and see if they could find out what the problem is and that she would call us if anything popped up. Weeks have passed and still no call. Please, if you all can...please. I'd like to know how long this process would actually take? How long will we have to wait and if there is at least something else, anything else we can do... I'd greatly appreaciate it.
nicole

Lufkin, TX

#2 Aug 15, 2012
yea i have had this happen to me too. i cant log in because it says its invalid. you need to call the 1800 number. idk what the number is. call up there to dollar general and ask what it is. call them n tell them whats up. the lady im supposed to work for is gonna try n if that dont work we gonna call the number
nicole

Lufkin, TX

#3 Aug 15, 2012
ok i figured out the problem. a "packet" has to be created here is the number to call then call back your hiring manager n let them know 1-888-648-4473 when it prompts you hit the one for express hiring. Then like i said call your manager back and let them know. afterwards you should have the job.
Pamela M Hoodless

United States

#4 May 4, 2013
I can't even get to the screen to log in. It has the Express heading at the top of the page, but the rest of the page is blank.
Makayla

Anonymous Proxy

#5 Jul 14, 2013
I'm trying to spend as little time on the phone as I have little patience for these little things. My express hiring is telling me invalid combination. I've carefully checked over everything I eve typed in and it still says invalid...
Bria

United States

#6 May 25, 2014
Do any of you guys kno when dollar general do there background check is it before you fill out the hiring packet or after.
hope i helped

Jackson, TN

#7 May 25, 2014
After
Daniel

Alice, TX

#8 Dec 5, 2014
I've been trying to get hired too. They'll find I have no criminal record, I have my paperwork for being a veteran. I have retail experience. Does this just over qualify me or what?:(
kaisone7

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Mar 4, 2015
[Yes for any one haveing trouble finding dollar Genereal Express packet it is only compatible with these three website's Internet Explorer 6.0+ Firefox 11.0+ Safari 5.0+
kaisone7

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Mar 4, 2015
Concerned Mother wrote:
I have a question to ask for those of you who are really knowledgeable about the Dollar general business. My son has been trying to get a job for the past five months. He was finally able to get an interview with the manager at the local reatil store, Dollar general. Afterwards he was told to go to express hiring and fill out the forms for a background check. He was also told to log in with his ssn and that his password would be his birthday, only four digits. He did as he was told but he came up as invalid. I took him back to dollar general the next day to see what went wrong and the manager said that it must have been something he had typed in wrong. Supposedly his ssn. She had told us that she would contact HRIS and see if they could find out what the problem is and that she would call us if anything popped up. Weeks have passed and still no call. Please, if you all can...please. I'd like to know how long this process would actually take? How long will we have to wait and if there is at least something else, anything else we can do... I'd greatly appreaciate it.
Yes for any one haveing trouble finding dollar Genereal Express packet it is only compatible with these three website's Internet Explorer 6.0+ Firefox 11.0+ Safari 5.0+

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dollar General Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DG Cashiers and keyholders always get screwed! (Jan '09) Jul 24 bonniesgirl83 86
How to get a job at Dollar General (Jan '08) Jun '15 MISS tell them th... 78
News Dollar General faces new lawsuit (Aug '06) Jun '15 deh1064 967
Does Anyone know the rights of a SM at DG? Jun '15 b4dawn00 2
How to clean your black currency (Dec '14) Jun '15 India 2
the matrix schedule (Feb '11) Apr '15 former DG Manager 14
giffgaff sim with free 5 credit (Jan '15) Jan '15 sophie26435 1
More from around the web