TSA anti-groping bill back before law...

TSA anti-groping bill back before lawmakers

There are 20 comments on the blogs.star-telegram.com story from Jun 21, 2011, titled TSA anti-groping bill back before lawmakers . In it, blogs.star-telegram.com reports that:

Gov. Rick Perry has added another call to the special session -- the issue "relating to the prosecution and punishment for the offense of official oppression on those seeking access to public buildings and transportation." This revives the controversial issue that died during the regular session that would charge TSA agents with a misdemeanor if ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at blogs.star-telegram.com.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#1 Jun 21, 2011
Again, thanks again, to K.
true

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jun 21, 2011
touch my kid like that and im going to jail, and the scum are going to the hospital

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#3 Jun 21, 2011
This will last until the first "dirty diaper" bomb.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#4 Jun 21, 2011
Lawmaker wants to criminalize ‘intrusive’ searches by airport screeners
http://www.dailytribune.com/articles/2011/06/...

An Oakland County lawmaker is taking aim at the Transportation Security Administration and how its agents perform airport passenger security checks.

State Rep. Tom McMillin, R-Rochester Hills, wants to make it a misdemeanor for any TSA employee to “conduct an intrusive, personal search on citizens without reasonable cause.”

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#5 Jun 21, 2011
Kahoki wrote:
Lawmaker wants to criminalize ‘intrusive’ searches by airport screeners
http://www.dailytribune.com/articles/2011/06/...
An Oakland County lawmaker is taking aim at the Transportation Security Administration and how its agents perform airport passenger security checks.
State Rep. Tom McMillin, R-Rochester Hills, wants to make it a misdemeanor for any TSA employee to “conduct an intrusive, personal search on citizens without reasonable cause.”
He may be able to do this with intra-state airports that have no FAA certifications; but it will be difficult in intersteate and international airports to make this case.

Any state or local police seeking to make an arrest may be charged with interfearing with federal officers, and related terrorism charges.

I'll take the train.
true

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jun 21, 2011
Mr_Bill wrote:
This will last until the first "dirty diaper" bomb.
I think it will be hard for CIAEDA to find a american to do that to a child so first they will have to sneek another tarded underwear bomber thru customs like they did last time to do iT
IN OTHER WORDS ANOTHER FALSE FLAG EVENT BY OUR SATANIC CIA AND GOVERNMENT TO BRING SERFDOM TO THE THIRD WORLD COUNTRY THEY WANT THE USA TO BE

“Open your eyes”

Central Florida

#7 Jun 21, 2011
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
He may be able to do this with intra-state airports that have no FAA certifications; but it will be difficult in intersteate and international airports to make this case.
Any state or local police seeking to make an arrest may be charged with interfearing with federal officers, and related terrorism charges.
I'll take the train.
It comes down to the sheriff of the county. The Sheriff is the only one who can throw the Feds out completely. When the Feds do these raids on a house or whatever, the Sheriff must be involved. The Sheriff is the highest ranked elected official within each county. The feds have 0 power over the Sheriff.

FAA, TSA, FBI, CIA, NSA, DHS, DOD means nothing when it comes down to the Sheriff of a local county.

Everytime I see one of these news articles here in Orlando about how the FBI raided this business or house or whatever, my first question is, "Where is the Sheriff and why is he not there?" The Feds do not have the authority over the Sheriff. People tend to forget this and give too much power to Federal government, when in all actuality, the Feds have no power over the states and the local governments.

The Feds only exist due to the voluntary union of the states. A state can leave the Union anytime they deem it. People tend to forget this as well.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#8 Jun 21, 2011
Kahoki wrote:
<quoted text>
It comes down to the sheriff of the county. The Sheriff is the only one who can throw the Feds out completely. When the Feds do these raids on a house or whatever, the Sheriff must be involved. The Sheriff is the highest ranked elected official within each county. The feds have 0 power over the Sheriff.
FAA, TSA, FBI, CIA, NSA, DHS, DOD means nothing when it comes down to the Sheriff of a local county.
Everytime I see one of these news articles here in Orlando about how the FBI raided this business or house or whatever, my first question is, "Where is the Sheriff and why is he not there?" The Feds do not have the authority over the Sheriff. People tend to forget this and give too much power to Federal government, when in all actuality, the Feds have no power over the states and the local governments.
The Feds only exist due to the voluntary union of the states. A state can leave the Union anytime they deem it. People tend to forget this as well.
Can you get Florida to leave...soon.

“Open your eyes”

Central Florida

#9 Jun 21, 2011
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Can you get Florida to leave...soon.
Believe it or not, there are some rumbles about that. The same as Texas.
ContractOutTSA

San Luis Obispo, CA

#10 Jun 21, 2011
They feel emboldened because they are federal civil servants. What a crock. Fire them all and bring them back as contractors at 1/3 of the pay. It's not like we will worry abut gettng a worse grade of employee for the trade off - we've got boobs now, so what's the dif?
true

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Jun 21, 2011
Kahoki wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true, where are these sheriffs? are they paid off puszys
Stop the Dream Act

Anaheim, CA

#14 Jun 22, 2011
Barack Obama's puppet is Rick Perry!
Stop the Dream Act

Anaheim, CA

#15 Jun 22, 2011
Rick Perry is a RINO (Republican In Name Only)!

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#16 Jun 22, 2011
Kahoki wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful, you're getting crazy again.

“Open your eyes”

Central Florida

#17 Jun 22, 2011
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful, you're getting crazy again.
There is nothing crazy. That is the truth. But due to our lack of educational system (which is federally run mind you), people do not realize that the power is truly held by the people and not the feds.

“Open your eyes”

Central Florida

#18 Jun 22, 2011
This is funny though. I sell cases. I have one we sold that will be going overseas as a final destination. However, we do not ship overseas. We only ship within the US. With this said the TSA has put for a new policy that package that ends at an overseas location, the seller of the product must complete a censent for inspection form.

Now this is too funny to even be made up. The TSA needs a consent to check cargo, but, no consent to put their hands down your pants, up your skirts, into the diapers of babies, etc...
Concerned US Citizens

Denver, CO

#19 Jun 22, 2011
Texas TSA legislation returns as brave Rep calls out Perry for neglecting bill

June 22, 2011

Despite countless pages of rhetoric about "defending the Constitution and demonstrating the harm caused by excesses in Washington" in his new book Fed Up, Texas Gov. Rick Perry had all but abandoned his seeming interest in supporting a bill to restrict the US Transportation Security Administration (TSA) from conducting invasive pat-downs and other acts of illegitimate molestation at Texas airports.

However, a recent letter from the bill's author, Rep. David Simpson (R-Longview), has convinced the reluctant Perry to add House Bill 41 (HB 41) to the call for special session in the state Senate after all.

Perry had promised not long ago to add the anti-groping bill to the special session, but later claimed there was not enough time and not enough support to make that a reality. However, after being confronted by a man at the recent Republican Leadership Conference in New Orleans who challenged this cop-out excuse -- and after receiving Rep. Simpson's plea letter -- Perry has now changed his mind and agreed to add the bill to the special session.

"They don't have the votes on either side," Perry is quoted as saying in response to Wesley Strackbein, the man at the conference, in the Houston Chronicle. "That's what I told them. I said,'Bring me in a multitude in votes.'" These odd statements came after the Texas house unanimously passed the bill in a 138-0 vote, and they stand in direct opposition to the overwhelming, widespread support among Texas voters for the bill.

Strackbein allegedly remained polite, but expressed concerted disappointment in Perry's response. "This is a flimsy excuse, as the bills considered in the special session and the length of the session itself are the sole prerogative of Perry to determine," Strackbein told reporters later. "His comment, in effect, was:'I'm powerless to do what I've been empowered to do.'"

Perry's lame excuse has been considered by some to be evidence that he has been attempting to quietly derail and kill the bill all along, despite paying lip-service to it initially. Both Perry and Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, who also seemed to express initial support for the bill, have been accused of trying to secretly sabotage it. They are now, however, having their feet held to the fire as Texans continue to push for its passage.
http://www.naturalnews.com/032769_TSA_Rick_Pe...

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#20 Jun 23, 2011
Kahoki wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing crazy. That is the truth. But due to our lack of educational system (which is federally run mind you), people do not realize that the power is truly held by the people and not the feds.
Think of the lessons learned by the states that thought they had the right to break the union. Your opinions on this matter are wrong, and unpatriotic.

You are certainly correct on the general ignorance of modern day Americans. Thomas Jefferson bwelieved it was a citizen's duty to educate himself. We are not living up the ideals of the founding fathers. But your misstatements don't help.

Power is held by the people; and is magnified by our democratic unity.

I second Henry Clay, of Kentucky.
"
Mr. President, I have said that I want to know whether we are bound together by a rope of sand or an effective capable government competent to enforce the powers therein vested by the Constitution of the United States. And what is this doctrine of Nullification, set up again, revived, resuscitated, neither enlarged nor improved, nor expanded in this new edition of it, that when a single state shall undertake to say that a law passed by the twenty-nine states is unconstitutional and void, she may raise the standards of resistance and defy the twenty-nine. Sir, I denied that doctrine twenty years ago—I deny it now—I will die denying it. There is no such principle....

The Honorable Senator speaks of Virginia being my country. This Union is my country. The thirty states is my country. Kentucky is my country. And Virginia no more than any of the other states of this Union. She has created on my part obligations and feelings and duties toward her in my private character which nothing upon earth could induce me to forfeit or violate. But even if it were my own state—if my own state, contrary to her duty, should raise the standard of disunion against the residue of the Union, I would go against her, I would go against Kentucky in that contingency as much as I love her.

Nor am I to be alarmed or dissuaded from any such course by intimations of the spilling of blood. If blood is to be spilt by whose fault is it to be spilt. Upon the supposition, I maintain it would be the fault of those who raised the standard of disunion and endeavored to prostrate this government, and, Sir, when that is done, as long as it please God to give me voice to express my sentiments, or an arm, weak and enfeebled as it may be by age, that voice and that arm will be on the side of my country, for the support of the general authority, and for the maintenance of the power of this Union. "

This Union is my country. You prefer a rope of sand.
HandsOffMiBandB

Paso Robles, CA

#21 Jun 23, 2011
The unions just got their hands and tentacles into TSA today - AFGE. Now it will be harder to throw them out and start all over.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#22 Jun 23, 2011
HandsOffMiBandB wrote:
The unions just got their hands and tentacles into TSA today - AFGE. Now it will be harder to throw them out and start all over.
WORRY less about that working man; and more about the multi-national corporations that control your every function, including your simplistic thoughts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dewhurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Meet Ted Cruz's Twitter whisperer (Jan '15) Jan '15 Cordwainer Trout 2
News Texas officials trying to learn from Ebola mist... (Oct '14) Oct '14 mjjcpa 2
News 'God is with every single child that crosses th... (Jul '14) Jul '14 woodtick57 5
News Recent editorials from Texas newspapers (Jun '14) Jun '14 dirtbag1958 2
News Texas leaders order a oesurgea to secure border (Jun '14) Jun '14 the Light 7
News Oldest-ever Rep. Ralph Hall ousted in primary r... (May '14) May '14 Eighthman 1
News Tough immigration talk puts Dan Patrick in prim... (May '14) May '14 spytheweb 1
More from around the web